• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2011 - Week 10 v Cowboys

hard to top the last Dallas blognostication... :) ..... but this is pretty dang good. hangin it out there LSF! Great job!

I like the last couple of sentences a lot. I will watch too. In fact, I may even suffer through the agony of a lot of walking just to sit in the stands for the game. It is imperative this doesn't turn into what I saw 2 years ago when they came here and by the end of the game had more fans in the stands than we did. You're right! Dan Snyder notwithstanding, the team needs us there on Sunday.

Good job LSF, I guess I'm one of those ones that's just too damned stubborn to give up.

Of course that part of my personality has helped me through some rough spots in the history of my life so I have no inclination to abandon it now.

Hail.

Rings so true. Also appreciated the closing sentiments. Bitch as we will, anyone who hangs out religiously on a little ol' fan website, writes fan blog entries, hangs out with strangers in the chatroom, or frantically scrambles for a bootleg game feed - well, let's just say it not only qualifies one as a rabid fan, but during seasons like this, you're a full-fledged glutton for punishment.

I may not be on the boards as much, or blog every week, or shout my fanhood from the rooftops as I might during a decent season. But like you LSF, I'll be watching. And waiting. Some day our time will come again. Here's to hoping it's sooner than we think.

Nicely done as usual :cheers:

Last edited:
Personally, I can't bear to watch the Cowboys beat the Redskins. It's not in my DNA to submit to the abuse.

I would just as soon miss the phantom interference call for a long TD.
The fake flag for holding call to negate a crucial first down.
The famous "non-call" on the Cowboys TD play to allow it to stand.
The TRomo smirk.
The "all-world but I haven't done nuthin" Dez "I can't run a route" Bryant.
The plum JJ pulled out of the pie with a reach for OU rookie RB because he plays for Big 12.
The go to Witten play that the whole world knows hes going to get but no one wants to stop it.
The bad Redskin playcalling to not give the team a chance.
The unpredictable "throw the game away" pass int in the end zone to seal defeat.

You know the story, been there done that. I can't watch it no mo. Last Cowboys game my buddy I watch every game with, left me high and dry and went to Cowboys Stadium to see the game, and it was brutal for him, I told him so. I turned off the TV at half, said I refuse to watch us lose to the Cowboys. Never again. If that means never watching a victory over them, well OK so what.

So I have no interest waisting my sunday getting upset about it. Not worth it. It will be over in the first quater. By the way, just when was the last friggin time we scored a TD in a game, much less the first quarter or first drive? A good trivia question for you die hards. Swallow that one.

This team is on the verge of quitting. We've seen it before two years ago, probably last year. Sickening. When it gets to that, I won't waist my time. There is nothing Shanahan can do to motivate these players. Dallas star means nothing to these young guys, hell, even Shanahan doesn't know what the rivalry is all about. He got out of football, and lost his touch. He won't get back what he once had, doesn't work that way, no coach wins superbowls with two different teams, doesn't happen.

I'll watch the rest of the games, as long as the players want to earn their pay. If not, tear it down again, no shame in starting over. At least then I can bring back out my bag of hope.

Well if he's any kind of coach at all Shanahan should be able to get them up for a rivalry game. It's the kind of game that everyone expects us to lose so we just might win. After all didn't Dallas do it to us in their 1-15 season?

Anything is possible, and any game is winnable in the NFL.

I see two possible outcomes: 1. The Cowboys have begun a run with their lopsided Buffalo victory and continue it over us with another blowout victory, or 2. The Redskins hang tough and surprise people, eeking out a narrow hard fought victory.

I'm still holding out hope for the latter.

Good job LSF. Like you, I watch it all. Always have, always will.

Besides, missing this game will mean missing a 17-9 victory over the turds from dallass.

Defense, aided by info from Mr. Choice, stymies Rhomo, and scores once.
Rushing TD my said Choice.
Gano's 43 yarder, seals the deal.

(High draft pick junkies reluctantly accept the win ;) )

From your lips to God's ears.......
That's the plan.

Too many fans seem resigned to, and happy with, another loss this week.

**** that. It's Dallas week.

"From Hell's Heart, I stab at thee!"

"For Hate's Sake, I spit my last breath at thee!"

Goddamn a Dallas Cowboy, and all their sister lovin' inbred fair weather fans.

Wow...Ax is serious, what with quoting Khan and all. ;)

Well, here's the thing......has Shanahan EVER lost 6 in a row? Don't think so. The Cowboys looked good last week, but as we know in this day and age play doesn't always carry over from one week to the next. I'm not getting overly confident or anything, but don't put it past our Redskins to mess with our heads again and come out on fire. Seriously, anything's possible.

Probably not that, but I can dream, can't I?

Well, here's the thing......has Shanahan EVER lost 6 in a row? Don't think so. The Cowboys looked good last week, but as we know in this day and age play doesn't always carry over from one week to the next. I'm not getting overly confident or anything, but don't put it past our Redskins to mess with our heads again and come out on fire. Seriously, anything's possible.

Probably not that, but I can dream, can't I?

I hate getting caught in that trap! It's called hope and I should not have any, but there is that tiniest of glimmers, that minute sliver, the smallest bit of hope. :insane:

That's the plan.

Too many fans seem resigned to, and happy with, another loss this week.

**** that. It's Dallas week.

"From Hell's Heart, I stab at thee!"

"For Hate's Sake, I spit my last breath at thee!"

Goddamn a Dallas Cowboy, and all their sister lovin' inbred fair weather fans.

khaaan.jpg

Very good blog - really enjoyed reading it. It's like having a "blah" kind of attitude towards our biggest rival, but way deep down, we still care. I won't cry if we lose - if anything, it will help the draft position. With that in mind, let's hope that the coming years will bring better players, a better team, and multiple trips to the playoffs and Super Bowl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.