• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Tebow

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
OK. So the man completes two, yes two, passes today, one for a TD, but the Broncos win. They are 3-1 since he took over, though their offensive stats are, well, offensive.

So what do you do with Tim? Do you try to build a franchise around this young man who is clearly a winner? Do you draft a new QB?

Thoughts?

This reminds me of how wildly popular Miami became when they ran the Wildcat offense with such success. Then teams started scheming for them and it was all over.

Tebow is a gamer! The kid just wins! But him at QB will not last any longer than this season. I have said it before and I'll say it again, "If this kid was a halfway decent QB he'd be the best QB in the league!"

I wouldn't bet against him. Say whatever you want, but he's got *something* that just seems to equal success, no matter what the odds.

He'll never be a prototypical QB - he won't ever even be a conventional QB. I have a feeling if the Bronco's stick with him, he'll get better and find a way to hold onto the starting role.

I just think defenses are gonna start finding a way to stop him. I mean, if he can't throw it then put 8 or 9 in the box. Make him throw it.

But I agree, he has that "it" factor we used to discuss when JC was here. That kid is a winner. And this is coming from a Seminole!

Funny tweet here from Gus Johnson, referencing their Thursday Night game:

GusRamseyGus Ramsey
I'm a little concerned that 3 days isn't enuogh time for the #Broncos to put the forward pass into their gameplan.

Oh, and this from MMQB:

1. Tim Tebow came, he saw, he ran the Veer, he conquered. On a gorgeous 67-degree day in Kansas City with weather being no factor, the Denver Broncos completed two passes, never trailed and forged a three-way tie for second place in the mighty AFC West. Denver 17, Kansas City 10. Victories since Oct. 23: Tebow 3, Tom Brady/Michael Vick/Philip Rivers (combined) 2.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/11/14/Week10/index.html#ixzz1dgcY8AlU

I hope he continues to 'just find ways to win.'

The happier Denver is with this guy the less likely they will be interested in drafting a QB this year.

I hope he continues to 'just find ways to win.'

The happier Denver is with this guy the less likely they will be interested in drafting a QB this year.

Doesn't matter to us. They will finish ahead of us in the standings, I hate to say.

Doesn't matter to us. They will finish ahead of us in the standings

Because ... :D

Even so, the fewer teams that want a QB in the draft, the easier it will be for us to get one of the ones we want.

personally, Im rooting for the kid. If for no other reason than just the fact that everyone seems to talk so much **** on him. Yet he remains humble, practices hard, gives 100% every time he touches the ball and seems like a stand up guy. I wish we had more players like that on our team.

I agree totally. I hate it when people hate, just for the sake of hating.
Those people have too much time on their hands, and need to get a life.

It's really not fair, we've had terrible QB play for years without this kind of winning percentage!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Wow. Will the Tebow haters finally STFU after tonite's game against the Jets ?

What more does he have to do ???

9-20 for 104 yds?

44.8 completion percentage on the year?

I would suggest improving those numbers.

I don't hate Tebow, but a QB can only survive on his legs for so long.

Probably true, Henry but I have been reading that same thing for weeks now with everyone forcasting that Tebow has a had a nice run but it ends with his next game, yet all he does is continue to win.

Granted, he is getting some decent help from his defense right now too.

Tebow has obvious skills but the style of football Denver is playing is outside the norm of what one would usually expect and I think this is having an effect. If Denver continues with this it will pose problems until-and this might take until next season and enough game tapes-other teams are able to design schemes that counter the style of football they're using and at that point Tebow's development as far as what an "elite" or well-above-average NFL QB should be will have to take over in terms of leading his team. I have no really strong feelings either way about Tebow but I'm leery of the bandwagoning done by the sports media all the time anyway so color me interested but cautious about heaping too much praise in his direction until things start sorting out as far as his being a long-term answer. It's entirely possible he will be it's just too soon for me to declare him such.

Probably true, Henry but I have been reading that same thing for weeks now with everyone forcasting that Tebow has a had a nice run but it ends with his next game, yet all he does is continue to win.

Granted, he is getting some decent help from his defense right now too.

In four of his five starts (and three of his four wins) the Broncos have scored 18, 10, 17 and 17 points. When we were winning like that people said it would have to stop eventually too. :)

Like I said, I have nothing against the guy, but running QBs historically win games but not playoff games. Good teams beat them. Maybe Tebow will be the exception. We'll see.

9-20 for 104 yds?

44.8 completion percentage on the year?

I would suggest improving those numbers.

I don't hate Tebow, but a QB can only survive on his legs for so long.
In four of his five starts (and three of his four wins) the Broncos have scored 18, 10, 17 and 17 points. When we were winning like that people said it would have to stop eventually too. :)

Like I said, I have nothing against the guy, but running QBs historically win games but not playoff games. Good teams beat them. Maybe Tebow will be the exception. We'll see.

McNabb won quite a few playoff games.

And you and I both know that if this was a Redskin QB doing this, 99.9% of Skins fans would be defending him to the utmost, by emphasizing the belief : "A win is a win, no matter how ugly"

MikeSr619 said:
with him running all the time the time of possession is probably the most important stat.

Against the Jets last night the Broncos held the ball for 27:48. Before Tebow's final drive heroics the Broncos went 3-and-out on 7 of their previous 9 possessions (one of the other two being a 2-play drive ending in a fumble) which gained a grand total of 55 yards. Their two other scores were a drive that started at the Jets' 34 that ended in a FG and an interception return for a TD.

McNabb won quite a few playoff games.

McNabb won some playoff games, sure. He's probably the most successful 'running' QB in league history, going 9-7 in the playoffs. Vick is 2-4 in the playoffs. Randall Cunningham was 5-7, and three of those wins came when he was with Minnesota and had become a pocket passer. None of them won a superbowl, and only McNabb (the least mobile of the group) has even been to one. That year, 2004, McNabb had the fewest rushing attempts of his career to that point (by far), and had the highest completion percentage of his entire career.

Running QBs don't win big games. If they do it's because they learned to stop running and start throwing.

And you and I both know that if this was a Redskin QB doing this, 99.9% of Skins fans would be defending him to the utmost, by emphasizing the belief : "A win is a win, no matter how ugly"

Your question was 'what more does he have to do?'

My answer is he has to learn to throw the ball. Tebow is averaging 126 passing yards a game.

But yes, I concede that if we went 4-1 I wouldn't give a crap what our QB did or didn't do. I didn't care what Grossman played like when we went 3-1 either. Though not all Redskin fans ignored his shortcomings despite our record.

Don't mistake any of this for Tebow hate. I have no problems with him, or the Broncos. Hell, as I said earlier if anything I'm rooting for him because it means one less team looking for a QB in the draft. All I'm saying is I can see where the criticism is coming from. He's an unconventional player, and while that tends to work for a little while, teams will eventually adjust. Maybe Tebow will prove to be the exception to the rule. That would certainly make things interesting.

Well it just seems like his critics keep raising the bar, whenever he accomplishes something they said he couldn't do. First they said he couldn't play in the NFL, then they said he couldn't start, then they said he was the worst starting QB in the league, then they said he couldn't win, and after proving them all wrong on those, one by one, now he is being criticized for not winning a playoff game, when he hasn't even had the chance to do so.
I know what you're saying about league and QB history, but you have to consider Tebow's history as well. He's proved everybody wrong so many times, why can't he get the benefit of the doubt on this one ? And even if he does NOT become a playoff game winner, does that make him a failure ? Playoff game winners are the exception in the league, not the norm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.