• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

A Tank Job or heartbreakers

One, with a top 5 pick, would be nice for starters.

This.

Then I'd like to see us go oline crazy like Beathard did in '81 to the point where Shanny has a Gibbs moment like Joe did with Buges: "How many more linemen do we need Buges??"

:)

I'm not kidding. Our defense is fine. Our special teams, once we give up the Brandon Banks experiment is better than it's been in years (thanks to having a bonefide placekicker and punter). If we can just build a stud O-line and have a QB who can get the job done, we'd look like a different team.

Oh, I was being serious - not one of those random, old, over-used jokes, about bringing back a long-since-retired player or coach. Marty may have been the best coach we had since Gibbs I, or one of the best. These days tho, he may have a little rust.

I was being serious too. Marty made more progress in half a season then any coach Snyder has had in their full time here. He's a hard nosed old school some of a bitch, and would be just what the doctor ordered.

QB and OL - that's the ticket. No rocket science needed. Get the great QB in round 1. If a stud LT falls, move up and grab him. A stud G can be found as late as round three. Grab another QB in round four or five - Cousins could be a good choice here or if Tannehill drops a bit. Load up on more guards and tackles.

FA can bring some good players like last offseason.

This season is over. Time to give the rooks a look-see and gain some experience. We shouldn't be afraid to trade a player or two. Santana Moss, London Fletcher, and DHall make sense here.

Year two of rebuild will get us much closer to success.

Not really, he just lead the Virginia Destroyers to the UFL Championship in their inaugural season. Seems to me like he might be exactly what we need. And I am in the boat of people who think he should never have been fired to begin with.

beg to differ. but you already know the refrain: Marty's NFL teams have never won anything.

We shouldn't be afraid to trade a player or two. Santana Moss, London Fletcher, and DHall make sense here.

Year two of rebuild will get us much closer to success.

Out of those three, I would get rid of Hall. He'd have the most value, and being so over rated, no great loss IMO. We need Fletch and Moss for one more season while we develop solid replacements. I'd look to trade Davis, who should have good value.

The Redskins need coaches whose systems adapt to the talent on hand. We keep using 5 and 7 foot drops on third down passes despite an OL that can't hold their blocks longer than a second if that.

The personnel side of the equation has been a disaster.

Since Shanahan released Campbell we have only gotten worse at the quarterback position.

The offensive line is worse.

In fact, in two years there is NO offensive anchor/star this regime has been able to bring in on that side of the ball either in the draft or in free agency.

IMO, the Redskins at 0-5 are now only ahead of the Colts.

This is the second worst team in the NFL right now.

I dont think its that complicated. We're just not that good. This is like 1994: There is simply no talent on offence. We have a few pieces. Helu, Williams, Hankerson ... And for the most part those young guys look pretty good. Thats a good sign. But we'll need a few more good drafts to know if this young core of players takes. That requires patience, which is easy to say but sucks when you lose to crappy teams like Miami. But it is what it is.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I think Shanahan gets a pass through to next year but if at the end of 2012 this team isn't gaining momentum, he and Kyle need to hit the road.

I think Shanahan gets a pass through to next year but if at the end of 2012 this team isn't gaining momentum, he and Kyle need to hit the road.
And then we're back to where we've always been.

No thanks.

beg to differ. but you already know the refrain: Marty's NFL teams have never won anything.
Beg to differ, your post I quoted was you saying he was probably rusty. I provided a perfect and current example of how he's not rusty ;)

If we moved Trent to RT and started Locklear at LT, would that make you feel comfortable with the bookends? I wouldn't mind seeing this happen, personally, then concentrate on the interior of the line in the draft.

bingo, we need to try something let brown and locklear fight it out at LT to see who stays next year as a backup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.