• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WAPO: Rex Grossman getting snaps with first team in practice

Dead Money

, Mike Wise HATE'r
Reaction score
This week, Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan and offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan had Beck split first-team snaps with second-string quarterback Rex Grossman

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...1/gIQA5yieDN_blog.html?wprss=football-insider

Surprised nobody was talking about this? I've watched most of the press videos from the coaches this week and didn't see this coming. I think this week is looking like an opportunity to get some of the players attention back so if Captain Checkdown doesn't get it done early they could insert Rex to try to salvage the game or at least try to help with the progression of some of the younger fellas on offense.

Or this could just be to get Beck motivated a little more. Who knows. :insane:

First, they're both rubbish. Second, we're not getting Luck unless we pull a Ricky Williams deal. Rex is the better QB (by a not very wide margin), and if he can provide the young WRs with a better learning opportunity, then I think you have to go with him.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Need to keep Rebecca of Sunny Brook Farm starting!!

It's the path to a high pick and finally drafting some legitimate QB talent onto the roster!

Need more coffee. lol

Although Wrecks Grossman obviously isn't the answer, I'm surprised there are people that think him and Beck are at the same level.

My feeling is this... it's okay if a fan or a GM roots for a win or doesn't mind losing, but coaches and players should never admit defeat. They need to always fight and do their best. If Shanahan thinks Grossman is practicing better and might be more effective that's the way to go.

His job is to win games today, not tomorrow. He needs to try every trick in his bag and use every weapon in his arsenal to try to reach his objective. Every player's job on the field is to do the same.

Who are you guys kidding? We are about to go on a 4 game win streak! That will leave us at 7-5 with 4 games left. We play a tough game against the Pats but lose. And then we win the next three. The Giants win puts us in a dead heat with them, we go on to annihilate the Vikes, putting Ponder out of the game to have McNabb come in so we can put him out of the game too. Joe Webb gives us fits, but by then it's too late. Leaving us one win away from going to the playoffs. We beat the Eagles, we win the division. First division title in 12 years!

With Beck we lose games 0-23.

With Grossman we lose games 18-16 and 20-13.

In either case we are going to lose most of the games, but at least with Grossman the games are interesting beyond the second quarter.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

What Goaldeje and Bulldog said.

Either way we lose, but with Grossman at least the WRs might get some work.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...1/gIQA5yieDN_blog.html?wprss=football-insider

Surprised nobody was talking about this? I've watched most of the press videos from the coaches this week and didn't see this coming. I think this week is looking like an opportunity to get some of the players attention back so if Captain Checkdown doesn't get it done early they could insert Rex to try to salvage the game or at least try to help with the progression of some of the younger fellas on offense.

Or this could just be to get Beck motivated a little more. Who knows. :insane:

Wait a minute, so you're going to be watching tomorrow ? What happened to golf or sailing... Ft Myers boat show maybe. :)

With Beck we lose games 0-23.

With Grossman we lose games 18-16 and 20-13.

In either case we are going to lose most of the games, but at least with Grossman the games are interesting beyond the second quarter.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

no they aren't. he's such a turd as a QB that it pains anyone who pays attention to have to watch his fat arse out there pretending to be an athlete!

buuuuutttttt...since we're already the laughing stock of the NFL...it doesn't matter that RG is the punchline to every sarcastic barb in the NFL universe. RG is the one AND ONLY decision....that has led me to suspect KS's effectiveness.

in the event.......all I can do is get down on my knees and pray that RG is cut the day after the season ends. along with Beck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect we'll see Rex starting tomorrow.

Rex time. He will play better than most expect too.

Wait a minute, so you're going to be watching tomorrow ? What happened to golf or sailing... Ft Myers boat show maybe. :)

Nice catch! I actually have to be in Lauderdale for a class all next week so now I may actually go to the game. Tickets are damn there free? LOL

I know, I know. Whatever. :blush:

Nooooooooooooo!

We must complete the suckage! We've come this far! Rex may actually lead us to a win tomorrow. Maybe.

Did my posting of that stuff from the Dolphins fan forums inspire some kind of competitive urge here? ;)

Rex time. He will play better than most expect too.

and we'll be so proud! Against the Dolphins no less! All Pro no doubt!

It remains a total embarrassment that both these QBs are on the team.

The Butterball returns!! Just in time for Thanksgiving too!

That was for you Al. :)

Becky needs to start and lead us to the high pick. Oh well......

The Butterball returns!! Just in time for Thanksgiving too!

That was for you Al. :)

Becky needs to start and lead us to the high pick. Oh well......

thanks DP! hey..I make no bones about it...I can't stand the guy! Contract/no contract...I saw who was leading the team during the strike. yea...RG can be more effective than Beck (he ought to be). but so what? he has no place in this team's future.

I also make no bones about this: I want a very high draft pick next year (and everything that implies). we have to get our franchise QB.

Nice catch! I actually have to be in Lauderdale for a class all next week so now I may actually go to the game. Tickets are damn there free? LOL

I know, I know. Whatever. :blush:

Good for you ! The way I see it is, no matter how crappy we are playing, if you can make it to the game, LOUD and PROUD is the way to be.

Have a blast !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.