• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Daniel signs with Saints

"I cant's stand mugs that say 'I told you so'"

"Don't say it. Don't like people who do".

*I told you so*

Too bad - I think there's something worth watching in this kid. I hope I'm wrong.

We'd better hope JC gets it done this year and Zorn gets another 5 years to do his thing. Otherwise, we're looking at a total rebuild. I don't think any of us would look forward to that :(

I'd be upset if Daniel was taller. I've heard that he's even shorter than his listed 6'.

On a related note, Mark Brunell is the #2 in New Orleans.

Lost Dixon to the Eagles too. That one might hurt more than Daniel.

Probably Neo...3rd string QB potential is probably overhyped :) Still...

Ordinarily, I'm not hyperventilating over scrub QBs....just felt Chase had a special spark. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

I'd be upset if Daniel was taller. I've heard that he's even shorter than his listed 6'.

How tall is Drew Brees?

But Brees might have a better arm. I still saw a lot of great moves and quick decisions out of Daniel. Something I haven't seen much in Campbell, even when Campbell was playing against backups.

We'll see.

How tall is Drew Brees?

But Brees might have a better arm. I still saw a lot of great moves and quick decisions out of Daniel. Something I haven't seen much in Campbell, even when Campbell was playing against backups.

We'll see.

I don't want to discount physical gifts. They matter. But if NFL history has shown us anything, it's that physical gifts are vastly overrated.

Probably Neo...3rd string QB potential is probably overhyped :) Still...

Ordinarily, I'm not hyperventilating over scrub QBs....just felt Chase had a special spark. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Oh I know, Boone. I am feeling it for Daniel too.

On a side note, feeling a bit odd that other teams are poaching our cast offs. Not much of that has happened in recent years that I remember. A good sign maybe?

Last edited:
How tall is Drew Brees?

We'll see.

Taller than Daniel by up to 2" and the same size as Fran Tarkenton.

Yeah, Dixon hurts way more than Chase Daniel. I really thought he'd played his way onto the squad...but I was only half right. He played his way onto the wrong NFL squad.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

It would've been nice to see Daniel hang around-the kid's got a good head for QB as well as a great arm.

Boone, unfortuneately I must disagree with size in a QB not being that important. From what I've been reading, the ability to literally see over the OL and into the secondary to see open receivers and check coverage is rated highly by NFL coaches and can be a make/break criterion when making a final decision on keeping a QB. Whether this is statistically verifiable I'm not sure-I may do some checking and see if anyone has looked at it, but it seems to be a prevailing view among NFL coaches and FO's. Plus, this did leave room on the roster for those cases that were just too difficult to decide upon-like keeping Betts and Mason, or Mike Williams(that one I still have raised eyebrows on)-or just the general idea of greater RB and WR depth. Anything's possible I guess.

I think Antonio Dixon has greater potential in the NFL than Chase Daniel.

Teams draft productive college quarterbacks late in the rounds or sign them as UDFAs each year and very few are able to project to this level.

I don't think Colt Brennan or Chase Daniel would have been an answer here if Jason Campbell departed after the 2009 season.

So, I don't understand all the hand wringing.

unfortunate for the skins, but good for chase. i think he will benefit from the experience he gained here and the change in scenery may just be the break he needs. seems like a good kid - wish him all the best in the bayou.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.