• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Pats Trade Seymour to Raiders

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Pats Trade Seymour to Raiders

I am not saying Haynesworth won't be a stud or won't be worth it but I find the difference how the Skins do business and how the Pats do business amazing. We spent over $40 million in guaranteed money to bring in a 28 year old defensive lineman while the Pats traded a 29 year old defensive lineman to the Raiders for a first round draft pick so they can get younger.

The results of the past decade speak for themselves I think.

Neo, I understand your point but I can't help but wonder who the Skins might be willing to let go-or who they could afford to let go of in terms of what the team needs right now in order to get a really high draft pick? I fully agree that the FO needs to do a much better job of planning for the future but one thing I'm getting a sense of, based on what I've been reading on fan blogs, is that the FO is, to a certain extent, trying to attain whatever success they can get this season in order to placate what I sense as a certain level of, shall we say, "impatience" on the part of the fan base for some show of immediate improvement in the team's performance. In other words, would the fans have the patience to endure another "average" season in a building-for-the-future scenario?

The point is that the Pats planned far enough ahead that they could let him go. He has one year left on his deal and would want money next year even though he was about to be 30. They set themselves up to get some value for a guy they likely knew they would just let go next year anyway because his contract demands were going to be more than they would be willing to meet.

It is just the constant eye to the long term they seem to have while Skins really don't seem to be able to see more than maybe this year and next (except where managing the cap is concerned and they are masters of that). *shug*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.