• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Smokin' Joe Frazier Gravely Ill

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
Nothing being officially reported yet, but I just got a text from my godmother who shares several mutual friends with him. What a shame, such a great boxer.

That sucks. I had heard that he wasn't doing well over the last week.

Fans offer to donate liver

PHILADELPHIA -- Former heavyweight champion Joe Frazier is battling the liver cancer that has put him under hospice care.

The 67-year-old boxer sleeps for most the day but is coherent when awake, his personal and business manager said. Leslie Wolff, who has been the fighter's manager for seven years, said Frazier has been flooded with get-well messages from former boxers and fans. Wolff tells The Associated Press some fans have offered to donate a liver.

"There is evidence that there are certain people that fight much harder than other people, and in doing so, they last longer," Wolff said Monday. "They have the heart of a champion. Joe ain't no quitter. Even in this struggle, he's showing people you don't give up."

Frazier was diagnosed last month with the disease. His manager said the boxer had been in out and out of the hospital since early October and has been receiving hospice treatment the last week.

Link above for full story....

Side note: He had a small club just up the street from where I live about 16 years ago. Saw him there once, but never go to meet him.

Nothing being officially reported yet, but I just got a text from my godmother who shares several mutual friends with him. What a shame, such a great boxer.

Next time, you might want to check a reputable source.

Yes, he is gone.

Farewell Joe. The people of this area loved you and all the good stories of how a kid from Philly lived his dream. RIP.

Man, what a fighter. That heavyweight era of Ali, Frazier and Foreman brought us the best fights in boxing history. RIP Smokin Joe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.