• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread: Redskins v 49ers

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
I don't know about you but just hearing "Redskins/49ers" brings back memories of Gibbs and Walsh, Lott and Riggins, Montana and The Hogs. These are the two teams that dominated the NFL in the 80s, the franchises that every other team in the league wanted to be when they grew up.

Now I grant you, that was a while ago but the 49ers are definitely looking like they are headed back in that direction and we Skins fans cling to our hopes that Shanahan can restore glory to our tarnished club.

Today appears to be the possible beginning of serving youth for the Skins with the first starts for rookies Helu, Hankerson and Hurt on offense. A tall task with the stiff 49ers D coming to town.

Bring on the football!

Winn, loose, or draw, it's good to see the young guys start. I'm not thrilled about Williams returning less then 100%, but if Helu can run behind this less then stellar line, he'll be the beast many of us hope once we have solidified the line in the future.

Hoping the line can give Beck a little more time this week, and he does a better job of making quick decisions. It could go a long way in seeing what we have in Hank.

Hankerson better start showing a pair of hands that are much more sure than we've seen to date. I don't care how much of a 'specimen' and how much 'raw potential' you have - if you can't catch the ball, you aren't going to be an NFL receiver for long. Hoping he has been working on those skills and takes advantage of this opportunity.

I'm more worried about Beck finding him, Boone. If things with the line and the QB don't improve from last week, Hankerson won't see a catchable ball to worry about dropping. :(

I'm more worried about Beck finding him, Boone. If things with the line and the QB don't improve from last week, Hankerson won't see a catchable ball to worry about dropping. :(

I have been pre-occupied for the last 2 weeks so I can't say much about Hanks performance in real time, but from what I have been able to decipher he has not been getting open either. I know it has been difficult for Beck not having the time to get the ball to anyone, but I keep hearing that the younger receivers are not getting open.

True dat.....

Good to see you around these parts again B :cheers:

Can't say that I don't dread this game about as much as I was dreading the Sundays during Zorn but for some reason I think the skins will do what we know they like to do at times by "playing up" to the opponent somehow and keeping it somewhat close.

Well, at least enough to make us all wonder where the hell was this team last weekend.

Pass protection looks better so far. beck does not...

Someone offense needs to step up and make a play, plus play smart.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

The drop by Davis and the penalty against Trent Williams after the whistle are signs some of the issues are not about talent but about focus and concentration.

The Redskins opponents haven't been shooting themselves in the foot in recent weeks but waiting for Washington to self-destruct.

Sad thing is even the Colts with no Manning are scoring.

Another execution mistake this time by Helu.

That's what you get from rookies.

Face it, from here on out the Redskins are undergoing a SECOND rebuild on the field in so many seasons under Shanahan.

At least the players out there now are the recent draft picks and free agents that need to build off the experience.

But the situation at quarterback and on the offensive line - all we are doing is reconfirming that there is little talent to work with.

Forget about wins from here on out.

My guess is that improvement from individual youngsters is going to be the only solace.

Beck is terrible. I just dont understand the love he gets from some of our fans.

This game went about as expected. The defense looks ok. We really need to address the offense in the draft.

Excpect a lot of games like this this season.

Beck is awful. Almost want to say Grossman is better.

If the football gods felt sorry for us Trent Williams would be playing like Chris Samuels instead of Chris Tucker and we would have an NFL veteran qb on the roster to at least make 2011 somewhat interesting before we take a qb next April.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.