• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Andy Rooney: Dead At 92

Very few people have had the opportunity to write their own public epitath.

Jim Valvano did it. Maybe a few others.

Here's Andy Rooney's. What a great life, and a great guy. RIP Mr. Rooney.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGci9ec4BDA[/media]

Well, he said he wanted to be left alone at dinner. Now he can eat in peace.

RIP. Another WWII gone

I wonder if they all knew. The timing was so close. RIP in your prime you were amongst the best at what you did. Caustic, but not crude, clever and cutting without being offensive.

I don't know exactly why, but his comments struck me as ultra-personal, and so genuine, I got teary-eyed watching. I showed my wife that clip, and she sat through it stone-faced.

Maybe we all find meaning on our own terms...I don't know. But seemed like he was saying goodbye to more than a TV show in that public 'bon voyage'. His comments about writing really struck home for me.

I was always teased from a young age for making sure I always caught his segment. I couldn't help it, I just loved the guy. His topics were so genuine, and the delivery couldn't have been more perfect.

For the longest time, I thought he was just unintentionally hilarious. Then I realized he was doing it on purpose, which oddly made it more genius to me. I mean seriously, who can make a rant worth listening to about the plastic tips on the ends of shoelaces other than Andy Rooney?

His passing makes me feel older. His commentary on 60 minutes was a staple growing up. Even if his thoughts were the thoughts of most people, his ability to express them most certainly was not. I wish more people took the time to try and express themselves as he did because often in his frank examination of common frustrations he arrived at slightly different, slightly better conclusions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.