• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2011 - Week 9 v San Francisco 49ers

• Thread starter Blognostications
  • Start date

Blognostications

Blognosticator - Henry

The Joke goes something like this: Two brothers, Shmulik and Yosl, living in...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great writing Henry. We are going to see what this team is really made of this weekend. Does last week's debacle cause them to become furious, and we see a huge effort this weekend? Or do they just lay down?

I really hope it's the former of the two. Let's see some character and fight.

Red ink, black ink. Makes me think of the pirate story with the red shirt and brown pants. The Redskins version goes something like this: In the first part of the season the Redskins wore their red shirts to mask their own blood so as not to show weakness to their enemies. Now that they are overwhelmed they need their brown pants to mask the crap they'll be putting out as they get overrun.

Henry, well done, amigo. I can truly empathize with your struggles, having been tasked with the Blognostication last season following the embarrassment of the infamous Eagles blowout we suffered on MNF. It was a terrible piece to try to write. I was fortunate in our facing a Titans team undergoing their own QB meltdown and was able to posit a winning scenario that actually came to pass. Trying to write about the Redskins in their current state facing one of the "hot property" teams...well...I think you did remarkably well.:claps:

I hope you never find the red pen, by the way.

Good job Henry.

You'll go down in Redskins lore as the Blognosticator who kicked off our legendary
"November To Remember"

All Hail Henry!!!
Hail To The Redskins!!!

24-20 Win over the 49'ers
(The west coast team flying east for a 1:00 game finally gets'em)

Well - as with everything you do, well done H. :cheers:

I think you and I are in the same place as lots of our brethren, wondering when this thing called redskins fandom might finally pay off again :) I wrote a blog during the NFL lockout questioning whether I really wanted to continue going 'all in' with this team, that it was becoming increasingly harder and less satisfying to devoting time and energy to a team in what amounts to unrequited love.

Week 8 and I'm right back where I began. I can't even muster up a homeristic blog effort myself these days. I'm sort of in emotional hibernation mode, and I may stay there awhile. I'll watch, but I'll not come out of my cave and expect to find tulips and forsythia blooming until I see some signs Spring is truly on the way. Right now, it's just a cold, constant, miserable drizzle.

Great job on the blog. We appreciate all of you stepping up to try and keep this season entertaining on a least some level. Ultimately, all Redskins fans have for consolation is each other.

Hat's off Henry, great piece of writing. Very entertaining, you should consider writing more often.

I'm confused about one thing: as long as I have been on this site, you hav ebeen screaming (or typing loudly) that we need to rebuild. Now that we are rebuilding, were you expecting something different? Less painful? I think if we can make ourselves content with small signs of improvement every week, it will make our lives a little easier, and Sundays more enjoyable. Imagine how thrilled we will be when Hank records his first 100 yard game (or Austin or Paul for that matter), or when Helu picks up multiple blitzes correctly, and has a nice rushing game. Or if we put Barnes and Thompson out there and perform reasonably well.

That's what I want to see. Just a change of mindset, that's all.

And Boone, stick with it man. The pain we are going through now will make the joy we experience when we start winning consistently all the better. I promise.

Well - as with everything you do, well done H. :cheers:

I think you and I are in the same place as lots of our brethren, wondering when this thing called redskins fandom might finally pay off again :) I wrote a blog during the NFL lockout questioning whether I really wanted to continue going 'all in' with this team, that it was becoming increasingly harder and less satisfying to devoting time and energy to a team in what amounts to unrequited love.

Week 8 and I'm right back where I began. I can't even muster up a homeristic blog effort myself these days. I'm sort of in emotional hibernation mode, and I may stay there awhile. I'll watch, but I'll not come out of my cave and expect to find tulips and forsythia blooming until I see some signs Spring is truly on the way. Right now, it's just a cold, constant, miserable drizzle.

Great job on the blog. We appreciate all of you stepping up to try and keep this season entertaining on a least some level. Ultimately, all Redskins fans have for consolation is each other.

captures my emotions perfectly!

well done Henry...another star in the BGO pantheon.

Thanks guys. I was going to do a more detailed breakdown of the game but I just couldn't bear to do it. :) I'm glad my less-than-technical attempt went over so well.

I'm confused about one thing: as long as I have been on this site, you hav ebeen screaming (or typing loudly) that we need to rebuild. Now that we are rebuilding, were you expecting something different? Less painful? I think if we can make ourselves content with small signs of improvement every week, it will make our lives a little easier, and Sundays more enjoyable. Imagine how thrilled we will be when Hank records his first 100 yard game (or Austin or Paul for that matter), or when Helu picks up multiple blitzes correctly, and has a nice rushing game. Or if we put Barnes and Thompson out there and perform reasonably well.

That's what I want to see. Just a change of mindset, that's all.

Isn't that what I said? :)

No, I'm actually less upset this season than I've been in a long time. I predicted four wins this season, so this isn't a huge shock (even though there was that 3-1 fakeout to start the season.) I thought we drafted very well and with another solid draft or two we should have a decent team that will last more than a year or two ... provided the front office doesn't get antsy.

But this upcoming game, well, let's just enjoy what we can. :)

Well done Henry! :claps: Tough week to try to put something together with this kind of quality but you pulled it off. Last week sucked arse and this week only looks slightly more promising. Nicely calling a spade a spade and leaving it at that works for me. :cheers:

Just really hoping Carlos drops one so we can all feel a little better. ;)

Thanks Henry. Great job as always!

First, I owe you an apology for getting this up as late as I did. I could give you a couple of reasons why it was late but it still should not have happened.

Second, though I know you were joking with us (a little bit, anyway) this looks like a good place to explain how games and Blognosticators are put together. It is totally random. I put everyone's name on a piece of paper, fold them up, put them in a hat and then have a beautiful, scantily clad blonde pick them out of the hat. The first name out gets week 2, the second name out gets week 3 and so on.

I start with week 2 because the winner of last years Blognostication contest is always the week 1 Blognosticator.

Thanks Henry. Great job as always!

First, I owe you an apology for getting this up as late as I did. I could give you a couple of reasons why it was late but it still should not have happened.

Second, though I know you were joking with us (a little bit, anyway) this looks like a good place to explain how games and Blognosticators are put together. It is totally random. I put everyone's name on a piece of paper, fold them up, put them in a hat and then have a beautiful, scantily clad blonde pick them out of the hat. The first name out gets week 2, the second name out gets week 3 and so on.

I start with week 2 because the winner of last years Blognostication contest is always the week 1 Blognosticator.

Neo, I was totally joking. :)

I know it's totally random, which just makes it that much more fun to give you guys a hard time about it.

Absolutely Henry. I figured you knew but I like to explain once a year or so for the general membership and who might be wondering how it is done. It just seemed like an opportune moment for that.

The injury to Davis is really going to constrict the passing game.

Which makes it all the more important for the Redskins to be able to run the ball and that is in question even when the starting line is intact.

Right now there are 2-3 guys playing out of position and one can question whether Erick Cook at 6'6 and 320 is really an NFL center at his size. Hard to believe he is going to consistently get leverage on nose tackles and inside players that are 6'0-6'2.

Great read Henry, though I still the joke about the three Greek brothers where one migrates to America. He quickly returned because he couldn't bare to leave his brothers behind......

Henry, I get the feeling that you are seeing red this week. :)

Don't feel bad about being the blogger who writes after a horrible loss. I have feeling that this scenario will be repeated regularly in the coming weeks. Enjoyed reading the blog and the humor that you brought to it.

Henry, you might feel bad having to write this week, but give some thought to the poor bastard who gets the job next week!

Don't feel bad about being the blogger who writes after a horrible loss. I have feeling that this scenario will be repeated regularly in the coming weeks.

Sadly BB, I think you're right. Time to put those "creative writing" skills to use guys! :computer:

Nah, Skins will win this one.We always win this kinda game...Fools gold kinda thing... 9er fans know that all they need to do is win this one and it's for real this time...Rofl
We've been there before as Skins fans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.