• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Twitter.com-Mort Report: Daniels Will Not Make Roster

We'll see if this is accurate shortly. I'd be surprised by this move - moreso that they wouldn't even put him on the PS... But guess ultimately you have to defer to the coaches here who've spent far more time with him and can make a better assessment.

Unfortunate if true - he looked to have some of those intangibles we've lacked at the QB position for a long time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4448091

Saturday, September 5, 2009
Redskins shelve Brennan, will cut Daniel
ESPN.com news services

The Washington Redskins say they've decided to put quarterback Colt Brennan on injured reserve with a hamstring injury, ruling him out for the season.

The team reported on its Web site Saturday that Brennan aggravated a nagging hamstring problem during Thursday night's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Brennan and Chase Daniel spent the preseason battling for the third-string job.

Still, Daniel will not make the 53-man roster and is unlikely to be a practice squad candidate, a team source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

The Redskins plan to carry just 2 quarterbacks on the 53-man roster -- Jason Campbell and Todd Collins.

wow..gotta say that twitter (as much as i hate it) comes across with some breaking news sometimes. If Mort is right here I won't be happy with this. It will leave us with 2.5 QBs and thats not good IMO.

Who's the .5, ARE?

I can't imagine going with just 2 QBs. But it would be a ballsy move. Guess you can look at the reality that if you're going to your #3 guy, your seasons likely over anyway. I just don't think having to go to a #3 guy is as 'unlikely' in the current reality of an NFL season as maybe it used to be.

Dropping Daniel would mean one of 2 things, they've either got their eye on another available #3 QB, or they're so in love with one of our bubble guys that they're willing to risk truly only having 2 QBs on the roster. I'm guessing, if the Daniel rumor is true, that's got to be the reasoning.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but 'IR' means you ARE out for the season. I don't think you can put a player on the IR for 'part of a season'. Brennan is done for 2009 - period.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but 'IR' means you ARE out for the season. I don't think you can put a player on the IR for 'part of a season'. Brennan is done for 2009 - period.

You are absolutely correct, sir.

One thing this flurry of activity demonstrates - NFL fans never have any frigging idea what their team's front office and coaching staffs are really thinking.

I said yesterday that the team would have to make a decision on their young QBs eventually. I guess they decided that Colt was worth keeping ... and Daniel not.

Seems rough. I liked Daniel's decision-making and quick release. Yeah, he was short, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference.

If this report is true, and he's usually right about this stuff, it seems the Redskins see more potential in Brennan than Daniel.

It will be interesting, if all this is of course accurate, to see if anyone picks Daniel up-possibly a means of assessing how his potential is viewed generally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.