• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Glass half full or half empty?

Cycleans

The Starter
Reaction score
As I previously mentioned I'm gonna let my homer side take over for awhile:insane:
It's so difficult to find alot of positives in the world we live in these days. I need a cause.:help:
I've been a pretty enthusiatic Skins fan since the 1972 season. During that period there have been some really nice highs and some lows as well. During that period the 72-92 years were the best even with the ups and downs.
That being said... 1993 - present has been pretty much been mediocre at best:tantrum:
So right now is the team half full or half empty to becoming one of the top two teams in our division? Anything can happen if a team consistently wins it's division.
I don't see a really realistic chance of even making the wild card round this season. A road victory against a pretty decent Bills team would have swayed my view a bit.
So what's the upside? Where are the positives? It's not very challenging to point out the flaws?
My upside?
1) One, the glass wasn't just half empty it was almost dry when Allen hired Shanny? From the bottom to the top.
2) Shanny is still under contract for the next few years the GM and Coach have a good working relationship.
3) Next years draft is a qb rich draft this up coming season...Miami isn't going to win 3 games this season I can't say the Colts will fare much better.
4) If the wheels come off and the season becomes loss after loss we are looking at the 3rd to 4th pick in next years draft. We will know who tanked and who didn't for the remainder of the season.
5) I believe the Skins are in a favorable cap situation with a decent amount of picks to play with.
6) Most important of all is I don't believe the Suck for Luck plague on the lockeroom will be a legitimate concern for the Skins...thats a horrible and disruptful atmosphere for any struggling team.
7) On the other hand If the Skins playout the season finding a way to be in contention for a playoff spot...that wouldn't suck either:claps:

This year and next, we won't even have a glass.

The year after... I think we'll have one, but I don't know what's in it. We'll see.

Nick

I'd say 3/4 empty. Need a QB, need help on the O-Line and a NEW Offensive Coordinator. Kyle Shanahan is a freakin' MORON!

good gracious...find some receivers! every week it seems like their guys are always blanketing our guys. yea...we desperately need o-line. but WR has become a perennial problem child as well.

I thought this team would go 7-9 this season but expected to see improvement and steadily greater contributions from the large draft class in 2011.

We don't seem to be trending in the right direction and outside of Ryan Kerrigan no rookies have really come forward yet to stake a claim for the future.

With the lack of veteran depth these 2011 rookies have a great opportunity.

Hopefully 2011 will end with Helu, Hankerson, Paul and others on the field making plays for this team.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

4) If the wheels come off and the season becomes loss after loss we are looking at the 3rd to 4th pick in next years draft. We will know who tanked and who didn't for the remainder of the season.

I'm not sure this is going to be the case at all, even if loose every game from here on out. Right now, as things stand in the league, there are 9 teams with outright worse records than the Skins have and 3 (maybe 4, depending on tonight's outcome) teams with the same record the Skins have.

Granted, it is reasonable to figure a couple of those teams will do better down the stretch as they get healthier or as the teams come more together but most of the teams that have a worse record then we do, look pretty darn bad themselves. I think it is possible we could be drafting in the bottom of the Top 10 and that might be the best we can hope for even if we loose everything else.

Currently, half empty and somebody poked a hole in the bottom of the cup. :(

We're barely off the nipple at a year and a quarter old, so we haven't gone from a sippy cup to a big boy cup yet. It's half full, but the milk is souring quickly.

I think I might dispute that it's a QB rich draft upcoming. After the first four (Luck, Barkley, Jones and Griffin) there isn't much else.

Minnesota is on the uptick and will pass the Redskins. Carolina will as well. St. Louis won this week and while they may not pass us they don't need a qb if it's not Luck.

The teams that worry me are Denver and Miami because they are not only awful but need quarterbacks desperately.

Indy will finish #1 and get Luck, that to me is a done deal.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Half full.

A 24-20 victory over the 49'ers will start the pendulum back in the right direction.

I think I might dispute that it's a QB rich draft upcoming. After the first four (Luck, Barkley, Jones and Griffin) there isn't much else.

Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, Tajh Boyd (only a So but might still come out) and EJ Manuel, among others, might argue otherwise IMHO. There's also Kellen Moore of Boise St.

Not all are ideal size, but neither was Drew Brees.

Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, Tajh Boyd (only a So but might still come out) and EJ Manuel, among others, might argue otherwise IMHO. There's also Kellen Moore of Boise St.

Not all are ideal size, but neither was Drew Brees.

Don't forget Tannehill from Texas A&M also. He might have the biggest upside out of all of them, but is a project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.