• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What We're (Still) About

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Welcome to BGObsession.

We knew what we were looking for in a Washington Redskins site, but were unable to find it. So, this being a great country, we set about building it ourselves. For better or for worse, what you see is the result.

In addition to providing an outlet for burgundy and gold obsessions, we are committed to three basic principles:

1. Providing a comprehensive, satisfying experience for fans of the Washington Redskins.

2. Fostering and encouraging a sense of community and tone of mutual respect.

3. Giving our members good old-fashioned customer service.

BGO was created for Redskins fans who appreciate adult sensibilities like common sense, reason, and the fact that passion and civility need not be mutually exclusive. We are Redskins fans—loud , proud and unapologetic. We are also grownups. If that combination appeals to you, we cordially invite you to consider BGO as home to your burgundy and gold obsession.

It will be our honor to serve you.

Hail.

We spent a lot of time on those 164 words. There are a lot of skins sites on the interwebz, and we really felt before opening our doors, we should try and formalize what it was that we were really aiming to create - because if WE couldn't figure out what might make us different, it might be pretty hard to describe to someone else.

Lately, this place looks like a lot of other Redskins sites. Some of you are refugees (either voluntarily or involuntarily) from other sites. We welcomed each of you with open arms. We hear from you pretty frequently that this place is 'different' or 'better'. Honestly - it's not really about that. It's about it being the kind of place we wanted to build, a true community.

Some of you like to post aggressively, and you may even feel like we worry too much about the 'tone' of this place and words like 'civility' and 'respect'. You have the right to your own thoughts and opinions. But when it comes to BGO - I won't mince words - we expect those things. I seriously believe if we ever reached a point where we lost the spirit described so concisely above, we would just shut this bad boy down.

It's been a tough stretch (again) for Redskins fans. We all get that. None of us are immune to being foul-tempered, impatient, or irritable when our team is sucking it up and playing so frustratingly inconsistent. But we don't like what we're seeing. Guys literally gutting each other openly in the chatroom, members reporting each other for petty, perceived, or actual insults in moderated forums, and aggressive posts made because the 'other guy' happens to have an opposing football opinion.

We're asking that you all read the above. It's really 'What We're About'. If you don't agree with the core principles as described, seriously - I don't know what to tell you, other than that this may not be the place for you.

So we're asking that you try harder. Do as our mothers brought us up to do - if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Because you're either helping us build a community, or you are part of tearing it down.

We rarely post staff-to-member pleas. We certainly don't bombard you with threads about 'the rules'. We actually believe you all already know them.

So - party on.
And be excellent to each other.

Please :)

So - party on.
And be excellent to each other.

Please :)

Strangely, that movie holds up better than you think it would... and they are excellent words to build a community by.

Did you post this because I insulted almost everyone yesterday? :D

Thanks for the reminder Boone, always good to remember a few basic things.

I've snapped at people a couple of times. Need to work on it. Been a tough two weeks. There are no high expectations for this weekend, so it will probably be tame compared to the last two weeks. Bah.

play-nice-300x174.jpg

So play nice

Ahhh flame wars...I actually ran a site for years dedicated to smack talk between NFC East fans...it was fun but I don't miss that crap at all. It's good that BGO is a sanctuary of sanity amongst all the rabid Redskins sites largely populated with angst and lack of reason.

Stay vigilant, my friend.

(And how much longer are we going to have to put up with that Goaldege guy and his ranting?)

Last edited:
Yeah, that Goaldege guy's a real prick.

Goaldeje, on the other hand? Prince. Absolute prince.

I think the anger and frustration boils down to one thing - passion. This community is full of passion for the Washington Redskins, and that's what I love about this place.

Better times are ahead...it's the patience part that is difficult to deal with sometimes.

I'll be sure to take out all my anger on the Bills this Sunday in Toronto and scream all my frustrations towards their guys. :)

Yeah, that Goaldege guy's a real prick.

Goaldeje, on the other hand? Prince. Absolute prince.

Sometimes, its an absolute pleasure to be in charge! :)

Dam, I feel left out.... :kick_can:

I knew I'd forget someone, and as it turned out, I forgot you, Chris, BB, Redskins26 and a lot more. Sigh. Next time. There were lots of other Boone jokes that I left on the cutting room floor. Next time.

I took my absence from your mailbag to be tacit recognition of my well-adjusted nature and mature comportment.

Unlike most of the flawed individuals that frequent this establishment.

Sometimes, its an absolute pleasure to be in charge! :)

OK. Sadly, it took me about three hours, but I finally noticed what you did. My wife, in between hysterical bursts of laughter wants to know if this is you being nicer?

Bastard.

OK. Sadly, it took me about three hours, but I finally noticed what you did. My wife, in between hysterical bursts of laughter wants to know if this is you being nicer?

Bastard.

Boone is my hero. When I grow up, I want to be just like him.

Bastard.

All in good fun :)

You're back to being Goaldeej. Or is it Goaldige?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.