• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cooley to IR?

Interesting - I remember a lot of hype about Byrd when he came out, then he slipped to the 3rd round and eventually out of football. This is a strange move.

Lanky, here's the Wikipedia info on Byrd;

St. Louis Rams

Byrd was taken in the third round of the 2006 NFL Draft at pick #93 overall. He played 5 games in the 2006 season, catching 2 balls for 39 yards and one touchdown.[2]
[edit] Arizona Cardinals

After spending the 2008 season out of football, Byrd was signed by the Arizona Cardinals on May 5, 2009. He was waived on November 24, 2009. On January 21, 2010, Byrd was re-signed to a future contract by the Cardinals. But his stay with the Cardinals ended on August 30, 2010, when he was released by the team.
[edit] Seattle Seahawks

On January 21, 2011, the Seahawks signed Byrd to a future contract.[3] He was released on September 13.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominique_Byrd

I don't think the team has any of the personnel on offense to run the modified Denver offense that Kyle runs.

Definitely not the quarterback and wide receivers.

Posted via BGO Mobile Device

This is absolutely correct, BD, and GREAT coaches recognize that fact, then adjust accordingly, a la Gibbs in the middle of the 81 season. Merely good coaches continue to try to pound square pegs into round holes all the while telling anyone who will listen that their system works, a la Norv through most of the 90s.

I don't think the team has any of the personnel on offense to run the modified Denver offense that Kyle runs.

Definitely not the quarterback and wide receivers.

This offense is where the defense was a year ago.

That is 100% exactamundo. No need to elaborate any further.

More about Cooley. Look, I have a #47 jersey like most of you and we've really enjoyed his talents, dedication, humor, and access to the fans. He will always be a Redskin - always. But it is time to move on. He has missed twenty games over the last three seasons and more when you add in the remainder of this season. It's a harsh reality, but it is time to move forward via the draft and FA next offseason.

And don't be surprised to see a veteran like London Fletcher being released. We'll go through the same arguments, but this rebuild must continue - even in some painful ways for fans.

Well, agreed to a point. But as I mentioned in another post the only big investment made so far in the offense has been Trent Williams.

So, if the goal is to rebuild the offense now that there are some building blocks on defense, this may still work out.

What kind of a system are you going to install that is going to make stars of Grossman, Torain, Gaffney and Co.

To me Trent Williams and Fred Davis are the only keepers on O.

Other players like Paulsen, Young and rookies like Helu could be part of that mix with a good second half.

But most of the vets I see out in 2012.

I'm looking at the whole of the Shanahan reign and seeing a stubborn adherence to a "system" that we have never had the personnel for.

Last year we traded for McNabb and then tried to run the "Denver/Houston" offense with him. Why not go with the strengths we had? McNabb has always been better throwing to the TEs than WRs and we had two of the best pass catching TEs in the league with a weak WR corps. Seems a no brainer to me but we hardly saw any two TE sets at all.

This offseason there was an emphasis on improving the run game with additions on the offensive line and in the back field, not to mention a very solid run blocking WR in Paul and yet Kyle consistently put the game in the hands of Grossman and WR corp, arguably the two weakest links on offensive. Davis has been good when called on but has appeared to not even be part of the game plan at least twice and one of those games was against the Eagles who have been horrible at defense against good pass catching TEs this season.

Frankly, I am beginning to think the Kyle is so stuck on his "system" that he not only can't adjust for the talent he has, he can't adjust to exploit the weakness of the defenses he is playing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.