• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Breaking the Bad Luck Cycle

burgold

The Pro Bowler
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
As we approach another All Hallow's Eve, I am becoming more and more convinced that there is something supernaturally wrong with our Redskins. You think this is a joke thread. Well, it's probably not. Looking at Dallas' five fumbled snaps, the impossible multiply bumped volleyball catches in Philadelphia, looking at rookies qbs becoming Superman and three Redskins on top of a football not being able to find it, but a Panther who wasn't even on the screen get the ball have me convinced. How do you go from healthy and 3-1 to losing half your offense to injuries and being 3-3 in two weeks. Players are falling to injury without even being hit!

Call it cursed, call it kharma, call it ju ju.... call us a doctor! There is something afflicting us.

So, I call on everyone who loves the 'skins to do something now. Give up your seat on the subway to a pregnant woman or someone elderly, hold the door open, burn some vanilla incense, go to church, synagogue, temple, do a good deed, volunteer with a kid's group, serve soup, buy a horseshoe, find a four leafed clover...

Do not step on a crack or open your umbrellas indoors. Stay away from ladders and black cats. Refrain from temper and remember your pleases and thank yous. Don't take the Lord's name in vain. Pray for someone other than yourself.

We've got to balance this out and the only way we can do it is by shifting the scales and creating universal good will. It's time to not feel the love, but create some.

The Redskins need your help. Will you answer their call?

List what you will do or what you have done to end the Redskins' bad luck.

(Heck, even if you don't believe do something anyway, it will make the world a better place)

[media]http://www.cowboysindians.com/content/articles/2009-07/brandvik/horseshoes_big.jpg[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice idea.

If I see a Cowboys/Eagles/Giants fan on the side of the road, I promise to slow down long enough to consider helping them out...

Good start?

Two things.
First, after we beat Buffalo, everybody will feel better.
(Except the Suck4Luck Schmucks)

Two, couldn't you find a W.....I.....D.....E.....R picture?

Isn't it amazing that teams with talent like the Saints and Packers win even when they are hit by injuries.

But here in Washington you lose one wide receiver or offensive lineman and the season is over?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Isn't it amazing that teams with talent like the Saints and Packers win even when they are hit by injuries.

But here in Washington you lose one wide receiver or offensive lineman and the season is over?

Those two teams have something the Redskins haven't had in years, depth and a franchise QB.

The Saints are a bad example - the Patriots and Steelers would be better. The Saints are in the same boat as Indianapolis - if Brees went down, they'd be in a lot of trouble. But when Big Ben has gone down in recent years, a backup QB has been able to come in and keep them competitive. When Tom Brady went down a few years ago, Matt Cassel won 11 games.

but it's not so much the injuries, but all the freak plays that seemingly always go against us. I'm still completely baffled by the five fumbled punts at Dallas that netted 0 turnovers and not even a sack (or was there one sack)... that seems impossible?

What freaks people out, burgold, is the fact of such events being random, unpredictable-and what seems even more disturbing-uncontrollable. The idea that the Redskins had no control over those events is simply a concept that seems too much for some to wrap their heads around even though such things are a normal occurrence in game situations.

A similar situation that provides an interesting contrast is a punt bouncing either toward or away from an opponents end zone if uncaught which happens all the time and no one really comments on it. It might be he fact of the ball winding up in someone's hands in the circumstances you describe that is the thing that makes it harder to deal with. Human memory tends also to be sharpest about events that cause the most emotional impact both positive and negative and since in reality random events do occur in groups rather than exhibit any regularity this may be why they seem do be externally "influenced" by something or other. In reality random events are by definition unpredictable as far as the timing of their occurrence-in fact if they did occur with any type of predictable regularity they would cease to be random.

It is completely possible that I only remember the bad bounces and that the good moments get washed away, but...

nah... we really get a horrible ratio. If you want simpler proof. Our opponents have fumbled something like nineteen times this year and we have collected 3 of them. Does that ratio seem statistically possible?

Go with the skin peel. Seriously. We can all have the outer layer of our skin peeled for about $100 per person.

Additionally, how about twice the Mass/service/anything you go to this weekend? You don't do anything? Then just sign up for something random.

How about change the cologne? Take a different route to work? Take the stairs instead of the elevator?

Something.....anything people.

Hail.

It is completely possible that I only remember the bad bounces and that the good moments get washed away, but...

nah... we really get a horrible ratio. If you want simpler proof. Our opponents have fumbled something like nineteen times this year and we have collected 3 of them. Does that ratio seem statistically possible?

Oh....now you're asking me to include the "ineptness" variable.

Well, that changes things of course. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.