• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Are the Packers the Second Coming of 2008 Patriots ?

I don't think so. They've had a few games where they actually COULD have lost so I think somebody will beat them, probably 2-3 teams will. the Pats in 2007 either blew out or toyed with every team all season.

I don't think so. They've had a few games where they actually COULD have lost so I think somebody will beat them, probably 2-3 teams will. the Pats in 2007 either blew out or toyed with every team all season.
The Patriots had a few they could have lost too. They had 4 wins by 3 or 4 points, and the last game of the regular season against the Giants was stolen from the Giants by the officiating crew. If not for that, I don't think there's any way the Giants beat them in the Super Bowl.

As for the Packers, they are pretty damn good. Even when they get down big, Rodgers seems to be able to make it up at will and throw 3 or 4 TDs in a quarter without breaking a sweat. Also, their closest game was 6 points.

Nevermind the fact that if you look back to that Patriots team, they didn't exactly have a brutal schedule for the most part. Their opponents were 120-136. In contrast, the Dolphins went 1-15 that season against a 141-115 schedule. It's all about who you play.

The Packers are the only dominant team in the NFL right now. In the AFC there are no clear front-runners (although the Texans are making their case), and the in the NFC the Saints & Lions have both had some bad losses and haven't been dominant in all of their wins.

19-0? Highly unlikely, but at this point I do see the Packers repeating. Who can compete with them?

Looks like someone may be an oracle or something...

They should change NY's team name from the Giants to the "Giant-Killers", they way they've ruined the Pats' 18-0 season, and the Pack's 15-1 season. I guess they have a way of taking advantage of teams with a weak defense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.