• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 10/21/11

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
October 21, 2011
Redskins Park

Executive Vice President/Head Coach Mike Shanahan

On if safety Oshiomogho Atogwe has been ruled out for Sunday:
“No, he’s not. He’s not ruled out… He’ll be questionable.”

On if Atogwe has been practicing:
“Not really. We didn’t want to push him, but he’s definitely not ruled out.”

On the injury status of cornerback Byron Westbrook:
“[Byron] Westbrook’s out… You never know with a hamstring. You don’t want to push it, but any time you tweak something during the week, you just ask them every day, 'how much can you do?’ And they feel it. You get PRP [platelet-rich plasma] and different type of treatments. Usually, a hamstring takes a couple of weeks.”

On if having safety Reed Doughty allows Atogwe more time to heal:
“Well, you have to get your players back as quick as you can and we always talk about being one play away form being the starter. Like you mentioned, it’s always nice to have a guy like Reed and [DeJon Gomes] that are familiar with the system. Obviously, Reed’s been there and [Gomes] has gotten better with the reps.”

On if safety DeJon Gomes has been practicing more at free or strong safety:
“Both. You have to know both because of these situations. They’re interchangeable with all the motions, all of the shifts. You never know when you’re going to play strong or free safety. Sometimes, depending on the motions, you have to do both.”

On if quarterback John Beck has looked more comfortable with each day of practices:
“Yeah. Any time you get the reps during the week, you feel a lot more comfortable. It’s always a big difference getting those reps. I’m sure John’s looking forward to that opportunity.”

On if there are any adjustments that the receivers have to make catching passes from Beck instead of quarterback Rex Grossman:
“No, the only usual adjustments you have is a right-hander and a left-hander. I’ve had situations before where we’ve had both. When the ball spins the other way, sometimes it’ll change. Unless [there’s] a big difference with a guy that throws a soft touch pass compared to a hard pass, you have to be able to adjust to it also. No, there hasn’t been a difference.”

On if cornerback DeAngelo Hall practiced:
“Yes, he was full-practice.”

On the importance of having a franchise quarterback:
“Well, I think everybody is looking for stability at that position. Everybody. You’re hoping that whoever it may be stays there for a long length of time. When I said I had a lot of confidence in these quarterbacks, I do. John’s one of those guys that I believe in. He’s going to have a great future. Now he’s going to have his opportunity to show us what he can do.”

On the number of turnovers that the defense has forced:
“You’re always working on turnovers – stripping the ball, catching interceptions. Usually, when you’re ahead, you get a number of sacks, you get a number of turnovers. So if you can have teams playing catch-up football, usually you’ll have a little bit more. We’re going to constantly work on turnover ratio. Even though we haven’t done a great job it for almost the first third of the season, it’s something that we stress and work on. To win like we want to win, we’re going to have to improve in that area… You always want to be in the top five in every area if you can and, when you’re in the middle of the pack or toward the end of the pack, especially in turnovers, good things usually don’t happen when that happens to your football team.”

(Courtesy of the Washington Redskins)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.