• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2011 - Week 7 @ Carolina Panthers

Well, on the plus side, Cam Newton already has his first win so we can't be the ones to give him that this time.

Good job serv.

Not much of a numbers guy, myself, but I do appreciate all the work from the guys that are.

I think the game comes down to our defense making the rookie look like a rookie. And our Oline being able to open some running lanes for TorTowLu.

Do that, and we will win.
Do it not.....

If the Redskins win here the club will remain competitive the rest of the year.

If the Philly hangover lasts through the Panthers game this team is in real trouble.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

If the Redskins win here the club will remain competitive the rest of the year.

If the Philly hangover lasts through the Panthers game this team is in real trouble.

I keep thinking that this is a new day, and that there's no way they will come out flat against the Panthers. But then I think this is the same old Redskins - losing completely winnable games due to offensive impotence, and we'll see more of the same coming out flat against what should be a cakewalk opponent. We shall see, I suppose - I think the thing that will save them this week is a relatively unknown John Beck catching the Panthers off guard. They've got less than 10 games of film on Beck - not a lot for them to look at.

I keep thinking that this is a new day, and that there's no way they will come out flat against the Panthers. But then I think this is the same old Redskins - losing completely winnable games due to offensive impotence, and we'll see more of the same coming out flat against what should be a cakewalk opponent. We shall see, I suppose - I think the thing that will save them this week is a relatively unknown John Beck catching the Panthers off guard. They've got less than 10 games of film on Beck - not a lot for them to look at.

Lanky, that statement I put in bold popped both my eyebrows nearly to my hairline.

The Panthers are far form a "cakewalk" opponent.

They are playing erratically but have demonstrated the potential to dangerous as hell. This is a team that lost to the Packers by only 7 and the Saints by only 3. Atlanta was a bad matchup for them as was Jacksonville. They probably should have beaten the Bears-I'm writing off the loss to the Cardinals as "first game with a rookie QB". Give them two more seasons and some smart drafting and FA and you're looking at a possible NFC title contender.

No, Fear, I'll be either at home or with friends.

Since I don't drink I don't do the club scene.

Yea, I don't drink either and I know how you feel. I feel a bit silly going into a club, and sipping on soft drink re-fills and strawberry-milk for 3 and a half hours :)

Last edited:
The Panthers on paper appear to be the kind of team Washington should fare well against.

Horrible defense that will not pressure Beck that much, allow Moss and Davis to get open and give some daylight to the running game.

On the other side of the ball you have a talented but inexperienced quarterback who has not been well-protected and whhen running could be a target for Landry and Co.

Outside they have Smith but no complement. Washington can zone half the field and create more rush pressure with no threat as the #2.

What's the worst case scenario?

The Redskins come out flat after the Eagles loss, attempt field goals in the red zone and keep the Panthers in the game until the fourth quarter when Newton's athleticism could make the difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.