• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Santana Moss backs Rex Grossman

redskins26

The Team Captain
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...-make-call-qbrex-grossman-john-beck-wednesday

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan says he hasn't made up his mind who will start at quarterback next week.

Shanahan says he will announce Wednesday whether Rex Grossman or John Beck will get the call against Carolina.

Grossman was benched after throwing four interceptions in Sunday's 20-13 loss to Philadelphia. Beck played the fourth quarter and led the Redskins to their only touchdown.
Several players said Monday they support Grossman. Receiver Santana Moss said there's "no question" that Grossman should remain the starter, saying "that's not even something that should be asked."
Moss added that "you just can't give up on somebody because they had a bad outing."
Grossman has committed 11 turnovers this season -- nine interceptions plus two fumbles in five starts.
Beck told CSN Washington that he wants the starting job

click above to read more

Should Moss be drug tested?

Santana is doing what a good teammate does. He's backing his qb until he's no longer his qb.

If Beck is given the nod by Shanahan he will get behind him, too.

Gaffney is saying the same... I agree it's what a good teammate says, but maybe they should look at all 5 games, and STFU......

I posted this in another thread, but I remember reading that Grossman throws a much more catchable ball (when its not 10 yards short and to the other team, that is), that Becks's tend to wobble & float.

I want to see what Beck has, but right now nothing says he's better than Rex other than the mobility in the pocket I saw Sunday. I again believe that we have to see what Beck can do and don't want to see Rex playing unless Beck goes out there and stinks it up like a fresh pile of horse manure.

I posted this in another thread, but I remember reading that Grossman throws a much more catchable ball (when its not 10 yards short and to the other team, that is), that Becks's tend to wobble & float.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong!

Rex throws a much more catchable ball particularly when he's throwing it to the other team :)

Grossman's ball is more catchable alright, by the opposition :laugh:

Grossman's ball is more catchable alright, by the opposition :laugh:

Heck, the opposition should have caught at least two more yesterday.

Rich_Campbell Rich Campbell
Shanahan on Moss's plea for Rex to remain the starter: "That’s exactly what you want. You want players supporting your quarterback."

Santana Moss has been a good soldier here the past couple of years in a clear rebuilding situation, and he is sticking up for his teammates, but the truth is he is too close to it to be objective.

This is where the GM needs to look at the future of the organization and see where the changes need to come from.

Some of you may disagree, but I think there is a ZERO percent chance Grossman and Beck are back here next year regardless of what other changes are made.

The situation at quarterback reminds me of the Rabach and Dockery saga last year on the OL. Neither player really was going to be part of the future here and after the season they were released without much ceremony.

Makes me recall images of TO in tears saying "That's my teammate. That's my quarterback!"

Wednesday is also the day that Leslie Frazier announces whether he benches McNabb to make Ponder the starter. How ironic.

Wouldn't it be weird if both McNabb, AND the person he was benched in favor of last year with the Redskins, BOTH lost their new starting jobs on the same day in 2011 ?

Moss should have kept his trap shut. the last thing you want is a divided locker room. as well...if Beck becomes the starter...how does he trust Moss?

None of this matters a bit. Whether or not Beck feels 'slighted' by Moss' comments will have zero effect on what happens on game day, and I am taking a stab in the dark that the coaching staff isn't going to base their decision on who starts on whether Santana thinks its a good idea or not.

I do agree he'd be smart just to be quiet and let the coaches figure it out.

I agree with Chris & Boone - this is just Santana supporting his starting QB, letting him know he's got his confidence if he does get the nod this Sunday. If Beck is named the starter, Moss will say something along the lines of "Beck is the guy now, and I'm 100% behind him. We know he can get it done. Blah blah sis boom bah."

Jammal Brown seems to support Beck in his latest comments (via Chris Russell on Twitter):

Jammal on Beck "It doesn't change much. That (mobility) actually helps us. It's going to help us with our play-action roll out passes."

I agree with Chris & Boone - this is just Santana supporting his starting QB, letting him know he's got his confidence if he does get the nod this Sunday. If Beck is named the starter, Moss will say something along the lines of "Beck is the guy now, and I'm 100% behind him. We know he can get it done. Blah blah sis boom bah."

You are correct sir.

Santana is just doing the politically correct thing to do. He has to know that Beck is a better choice at this point.

so no one sees a problem with players publicly stating who they prefer be starters? no one sees the genesis of a possible locker room division? the issue is not that locker room rancor will happen...it's that it won't happen if such statements aren't made in the first place.

anywho......it is interesting that Moss was the one to open up to the media.

No, not in the least.

Santana is supporting his starting qb. And, yes, Grossman is the starting qb...until he isn't.

How could that possibly be the trigger for possible locker room division?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.