• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

FatPickled: Rex Grossman is a Turnover Machine

Lanky Livingston

Some alarming Rex Grossman turnover stats, from FatPickled:

Grossman has turned the ball over in every game he’s appeared in with the Redskins. Even in his limited playing time in the famous “cardiovascular endurance” Lions game Grossman managed to lose a fumble.

Grossman has turned the ball over 2 or more times in 6 of his 8 starts.

Grossman has turned the ball over 2 or more times in 23 of his 47 career games. 50% of the time this guy steps on the field he’s going to give the ball to the other team 2 or more times.

Grossman has turned the ball over 3 or more times in 12 of his 47 career games. He’s unbelievably good at being bad.
---

Yikes. Just, yikes.

So it amazes me how some still think he's so much better than Beck.
And when Grossman finally signed his contract during training camp, so many fans were posting stuff like, "I never thought I'd be so happy to see Grossman back" - as an underhanded slap towards Beck. I wonder if they still feel that way. Beck is clearly the better QB now.

Beck might be the better qb but we don't know yet. I'm all for giving beck a shot at this point but we still have no idea what he's got.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I never thought I'd miss the days of Jason Campbell overthrowing wide-open deep routes by 10 yards, but when the alternative is underthrowing them by 10 yards to the other team....

I was really hopeful that Grossman could 'grow out of' his history of mistakes. When he is in a groove, he's a damn efficient QB. But it's like he has some sort of psychological need to sabotage his own success. I really don't get a performance like yesterday's. The first INT - okay - it happens, you take a shot and sometimes it doesn't work out. But the other throws were almost inexplicably bad (either terrible throws, or terrible decisions, or both).

I'm not buying Shanahan's platitudes about all the 'contributing factors' that can help cause those kinds of mistakes. You just can't make those kinds of mistakes game in and game out and expect to get the benefit of the doubt.

Rex is like that little girl. When he's good he is very, very good. But when he is bad, man is he horrid. I've seen enough.

I hope Beck can play smarter. I'm not sure he's a good enough athlete to be successful at this level, or perhaps physically survive for long at this level, but I'm willing to watch him try. I don't have much of a choice :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.