• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OK, Moving Forward...

Ax

OK, Moving Forward, Again

I'm over it. In less than 24 hrs too. We lost. Big boys don't cry.

Regardless of penalties, turnovers, injuries, or a stagnate economy, we have to hit the road next week and try to win a game, with at least 4 new starters on offense.

Beck starting should be a given. If not, Shanahan might need Secret Service protection.
Sellers should be active in place of Cooley. He's an upgrade at blocking, though a downgrade in the passing game. time to get Paulsen a few balls.
Anthony Armstrong, get on the field. (See: HGH);)
Go back to Hightower. Better blocker, and better receiver.
Brandon Banks is one dimensional, and failing in that one dimension. Austin, or Paul, can do what he does, and more.

The bigger problem is O-line.

Maybe I was so fixated on trying to kill Grossman with mental telepathy that I didn't notice, but I thought Locklear did a decent job for Trent. What did I miss?

Do we have someone that can play at LG so we can move Montgomery back to center? It would seem better to only have to change at 2 positions instead of 3.

Our D is leaps and bounds better than last year, but our now wounded offense is still costing us games. No time to wallow in self pity.

Time to move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said, sir! Time to look to the Panthers. We contained Vick well, and I doubt (having not seen Cam on TV yet) that the same gameplan might work well. Limit the big plays, and give him the short, quick accurate passes that are troublesome to many young QBs.

With no gametape on Beck, their D will not know what to expect. Hopefully, Kyle rearranges the offense with some new looks and wrinkles we didn't have with Rex to confuse the D.

Agreed.

I was over it before i got to my car yesterday.

I'm not over how bad grossman is, but I'm over the loss. It's a long season.

We took some injuries yesterday and thats never good... Hopefully Williams will be back next week, and hopefully a week of practice with Beck means less dropped balls.

I did like beck's mobility but he threw some wobblers yesterday hopefully the nerves will wear off
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I did like beck's mobility but he threw some wobblers yesterday hopefully the nerves will wear off

He did, but once he settled down, he was fine, imo. The WRs did not help by dropping a lot of catchable balls. Hopefully with a week of practice everyone will be more prepared.

Ugh, I want to move on, but losing winnable games is SO ANNOYING. Definitely not over that Redskins trend. Sigh.

Ugh, I want to move on, but losing winnable games is SO ANNOYING. Definitely not over that Redskins trend. Sigh.
Oh I here you, my friend.

It's just that neither going over what went wrong, or discussing what we might do going forward, will make one bit of difference, I find moving forward more soothing.

I don't see how Beck could be worse, so that becomes, a positive!
Again, I thought Locklear did OK, considering. Be nice to find out the kid can play.

And please, for the love of God, give Austin/Paul a shot at returns. BB is useless if he can't average the 25 yd line on kickoffs, and stop running backwards on punt returns. Let's see if someone else has enough brains to down the friggin ball on occasion.

I was SOOO looking forward to talking about playoff possibilities this week. :cry:

Sorry, but just discussing "improvements" as the season wears on sucks! I'm gettin' too old for this "patience while we rebuild" ****.

I look at what Jim Harbaugh has done in San Francisco in his FIRST year and it irks me that we can't match that and will probably even lose to them.

Yeah, I'll move forward but I sure as hell don't have to like it. :tantrum:

Maybe I was so fixated on trying to kill Grossman with mental telepathy that I didn't notice, but I thought Locklear did a decent job for Trent. What did I miss?

I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed this, but thought I might have been imagining it. Time to shift the kid over to RT once healthy and make Brown the highest paid backup T in the NFL.

Edit: I was even wondering if they should just shift Brown over now to see if he is indeed better a LT.

I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed this, but thought I might have been imagining it. Time to shift the kid over to RT once healthy and make Brown the highest paid backup T in the NFL.

Edit: I was even wondering if they should just shift Brown over now to see if he is indeed better a LT.
I think the fewer guys we have to move, for now, the better.

If Locklear can play, it will be great. The more options we have, the better.

Okay.....here's my quick take on yesterday.

First of all, I'm past the loss for the most part. As ugly as it was, we're still 3-2 and in the discussion. I'm concerned about the injuries on the OL, but it is what it is. I think we dispense with any discussions about Orton (as in another thread) and just move forward for this year with what we have. Beck should start, if only for the benefit his mobility gives us. Particularly, with the injuries to the line.

All things being what they are, the subs responded. I thought Locklear did pretty well on the end...and Erik Cook was game. Still, Cook got pushed around (A LOT) and I think is responsible in a big way for our lack of running game. At least a couple times he was pushed back and what should have been big gains by Torain were stopped short because of it. I'd try to get Montgomery back at center and find someone else on our team to come in at guard for next week.

Fred Davis played well.....but he needs help. I don't think the old WR's are necessarily playing badly, but we definitely need some team speed there. Thing is, we have it on the roster....just need to play them more. Get Niles Paul and Terrence Austin in there more....and get Armstrong back asap. Do that and it's a different deal.

Not worried about the defense. They gave up two long drives but other than that kept things in check.

I don't agree that the team came out flat. To me, they were fired up and looked like they could conquer the world. When RAK got hit with the helmet to helmet penalty I felt all the air came out of it and was the turning point. The injuries to our line on the next drive iced it. By the way, I also saw something where Trent W. was saying that he watched Lichtensteiger get rolled up on after the play..dirty play. That makes me look forward to Eagles, game 2 more than ever.

Not the end of the world...no need to treat it as such. We're on the upswing but CLEARLY need another big draft or two to give us depth, youth and speed. Let's not panic....

Ugh, I want to move on, but losing winnable games is SO ANNOYING. Definitely not over that Redskins trend.

Get used to it - now, it's no longer a Redskins' trend, but an NFL trend due to parity, so it will likely continue for the Redskins, until we get to the echelon of the Packers. There's very few blowouts in any NFL games these days, so practically every team that loses, can say it was a winnable game.

It would be nice in a rebuilding year to actually see some of the younger players we drafted and signed get on the field and start their NFL careers.

The argument that you don't want to play rookies and younger players, because they make mistakes, goes right out the window when we look at the turnovers through 5 games.

On defense this team IS making progress, but on offense it looks like another housecleaning is in order:

We need to look at everything including the line, qb, receivers and backs.

There isn't any player on offense to me that is playing great and deserves a pass.

Oh I here you, my friend.

It's just that neither going over what went wrong, or discussing what we might do going forward, will make one bit of difference, I find moving forward more soothing.

I don't see how Beck could be worse, so that becomes, a positive!
Again, I thought Locklear did OK, considering. Be nice to find out the kid can play.

And please, for the love of God, give Austin/Paul a shot at returns. BB is useless if he can't average the 25 yd line on kickoffs, and stop running backwards on punt returns. Let's see if someone else has enough brains to down the friggin ball on occasion.

Locklear & Beck were positives. But I'm very tentatively celebrating the Beck performance - even Patrick Ramsey looked unbeatable in his first start. :)

Beck can be an improvement by simply cutting down on the fumbles and interceptions and play a clean game.

The Redskins defense is good enough to keep the team in most games with a chance to win if we don't self-destruct.

Grossman has a bit of Jeff George in him that prevents him from being a guy you can rely on.

If Beck plays exactly like Grossman did, you can at least write it off as him lacking much game experience. Grossman still does things that bad rookie prospects do in their first game.

Wouldn't make an interception hurt any less, but you could at least rationalize it.

I'm also not ready to trash our receiver corp without knowing what they could do with an average QB. Grossman has played average in a couple games, but well below average in the others.

Regardless, if we can't patch a halfway decent line together by Sunday, it won't matter who the skill position players are.

A veteran passer with a quick release could play behind a revamped line with a switch of the tackles and the use of Logan Paulsen in the game to help protect the blind side.

We have a 262 pound tight end that is a good blocker and can catch the short stuff.

With Cooley out we need to use him.

What kind of message does it send to Shanahan that Moss has come out in favor of Grossman? Could this be a potential monkey wrench in the works given that we all seem to think Mike will name Beck the starter against the Panthers? If he does, will Santana simply shut up or will he have more to say? Could get interesting. :munching_out:

What kind of message does it send to Shanahan that Moss has come out in favor of Grossman? Could this be a potential monkey wrench in the works given that we all seem to think Mike will name Beck the starter against the Panthers? If he does, will Santana simply shut up or will he have more to say? Could get interesting. :munching_out:

Maybe Moss is just a Mormon-hater, like Rick Perry ??? :whoknows:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.