• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OK, Moving Forward...

Ryman, while I think MOST QB's make suspect throws when protection breaks down, Beck is at least more capable of buying time when that happens. Rex has made some throws so far that look absolutely brilliant, even under pressure. It's those WTF moments when we NEED the brilliance that keep him from reaching that next level.

The man is serviceable but he's just not "the answer". I don't know that Beck is either but at this point, what can it hurt to find out?

Moss is just covering for his teammate, as he should. No worries there.

Grossman has made some throws, with protection, that 1st year rookies wouldn't do. Inexcusable.

He was given the chance to show that those things were more behind him now, than not. All he's proved is that he'll never be more than backup.

If defenders could catch, he'd have at least ten more picks than he already does. I was hoping as much as anybody for him to prove his critics wrong.

They are not.

Sounds like Maurice Hurt will be promoted from the PS. We'll see if he gets the start on Wednesday.

Moss is just covering for his teammate, as he should. No worries there.

Grossman has made some throws, with protection, that 1st year rookies wouldn't do. Inexcusable.

He was given the chance to show that those things were more behind him now, than not. All he's proved is that he'll never be more than backup.

If defenders could catch, he'd have at least ten more picks than he already does. I was hoping as much as anybody for him to prove his critics wrong.

They are not.

Sounds like Maurice Hurt will be promoted from the PS. We'll see if he gets the start on Wednesday.

if some of his reciever could catch also games would have been different

Lol I'm getting over it by watching it again. Monty a much better C than LG thats the 1 thing I've noticed so far. Torain busts @ least 2 big runs with a more capable LG. Other than that I'll move on tomorrow when week 6 is officially in the books.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I'm happy for you guys that you can put it behind you that quickly. Me? I'll be in a foul mood through Friday - guaranteed.

unfortunately, the past and present is likely to be prologue for the future, so there are going to be more headach Mondays during the 2011 season.

The Redskins still have to play the meat of their schedule and with even the Bills and 49ers being improved, wins those last 6-8 weeks of the season look difficult to come by right now.

I'm happy for you guys that you can put it behind you that quickly. Me? I'll be in a foul mood through Friday - guaranteed.
Oh, I can't always. I just didn't want to spend the week fuming, so I'm not allowing myself to.

I am, however, starting to get a sick feeling that Grossman might somehow keep his job. If that happens, I'll be in danger of a major relapse.

If Grossman does start he needs to be ona short leash.

Well then, looks like Torrain and Helu will get to strut their stuff more. I know we're all hoping Helu, as he gains experience, can be an every down back. The kid, so far, seems to have what it takes to shine in this offense. Royster will likely be called up from the PS.

Question: Would another injury at the position facilitate a phone call to Mr. Portis?

Sucks losing Moss for a while, but, making lemonade, it forces us to find out, sooner, what guys like Austin, Paul, and Hankerson can do. Would be nice to be pleasantly surprised.

I'd like to see Paul, or Austin take over return duties. BB has been a minus, so far. And, with all the injuries piling up, the roster spot could be put to better use.

Beating the Bills is gonna settle a lot of nerves. In the locker room, as well as the stands.

Yeah, we will.

No way, I'd bet dollars to donuts Shanahan has a list of probably 5-10 names of UDFA RBs he would call before calling Portis.

No way, I'd bet dollars to donuts Shanahan has a list of probably 5-10 names of UDFA RBs he would call before calling Portis.
I don't know, if we crack off a couple wins to stay in the chase, and suffer an injury to Torrain or Helu, having a vet who already knows the system just might be an option.

Of course, Portis might turn it down.

Portis can't hold up anymore, that was his problem last year. Right now Torain looks like a tower of durability when compared to Portis.

Portis can't hold up anymore, that was his problem last year. Right now Torain looks like a tower of durability when compared to Portis.

Exactly. The bottom line is that if Portis had anything left, he'd be on an NFL roster right now.

We could always sign Tiki Barber.

Just kidding.

The Redskins should take this opportunity to see what they have in Helu and Evan Royster.

At wide receiver enough of the 30-somethings.

Let's see Austin, Paul and Co. Over the next 10 games.

Because if we don't have any playmakers in that group then we need to start planning for a move in free agency.

If we take a qb with the first pick it would be nice to give him a capable veteran receiver to help lead the offense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.