• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

......................and Jeers

Haslett doesnt adjust, the second half we played bend but dont break defence and depended on the fecals to make mistakes, thats not why we went to a 3-4. letting a team control the ball when they have a lead is simply bad coaching.

Bend but dont brerak is used for when teams are ahead not behind ghet over your hatred a haslett

Intentional grounding from the endzone = safety. Both feet were in the endzone - one fully, one on the goal line. Safety. Vick even said in the postgame he thought that's what the flag was for. He admitted it, and he said he was shocked that it was a flag on our guys.

Vick released the ball at the one yard line - the replays simply confirm it. Either way, that horrible call cost the Redskins early on. That was grounding and there was no personal foul.

Doesn't matter though. A loss is a loss.

No, we're not. We're a half game behind NY.
But we can tie them with a win next week against Carolina, since their bye evens up our total games played.
Oops!

Uh, that's what I meant to say. And actually, since we beat them, we will technically be 1st, after we beat Carolina.

Biggest jeer: Losing the left side of our line. Lich, for the year. Trent for possibly a month or so.

Intentional grounding from the endzone = safety. Both feet were in the endzone - one fully, one on the goal line. Safety. Vick even said in the postgame he thought that's what the flag was for. He admitted it, and he said he was shocked that it was a flag on our guys.

We watched it a couple times and it looked like he was out. Remember, I believe its similar to the LOS rule except in reverse - if any part of his body is out of the endzone when the infraction occurs, its not a safety. But, its all a moot point seeing how the refs blew the call altogether, so not really worth arguing about. Definitely a game-changer though; instead of 2nd or 3rd and long from the 0 (or the ball and a 2-0 lead) the Fecals got 15 yards and a 1st down. Bullcrap.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Ax said:
Biggest jeer: Losing the left side of our line. Lich, for the year. Trent for possibly a month or so.

Is that Lich news official? What a bummer.

Bend but dont brerak is used for when teams are ahead not behind ghet over your hatred a haslett

umm thank you for making my point and then completely ignoring it.

yes bend but dont break is for teams who are ahead, so please explain why we played that way all second half? when I checked, we were behind , not protecting a lead. thanks for coming out.

We watched it a couple times and it looked like he was out. Remember, I believe its similar to the LOS rule except in reverse - if any part of his body is out of the endzone when the infraction occurs, its not a safety. But, its all a moot point seeing how the refs blew the call altogether, so not really worth arguing about. Definitely a game-changer though; instead of 2nd or 3rd and long from the 0 (or the ball and a 2-0 lead) the Fecals got 15 yards and a 1st down. Bullcrap.

I am coming around to your way of thinking about the refs, they have been brutal, in the Lions game they almost blew a call it had to be reviewed, but part of it, is that osme of the rules are just stupid. intentional grounding if any of you is in the end zone should be a safety. a catch is a catch if you have control of the ball and get 2 feet in bound, and arent juggling it. the "finish the catch" is just lame and stupid.

You're correct. He was mostly in the endzone, but after digging and trying to find the rule, it is the same as LOS rule, which is idiotic IMO.

However, if you look up the rules for re-establishing yourself as the passer, he did not meet those. In fact he didn't even come close. The NFL rule book states that to re-establish yourself as the passer, you have to pick up the ball, regain full control of it, turn your body back toward the original line of scrimmage, plant your foot, then pass. He literally did none of this. He bobbled, scooped and tossed. That being said, by rule it should have still been a fumble, and would as a result be subjected to the rule about hitting a fumble forward, which is illegal. The correct call in the entire situation would have been a fumble with illegal advance, and the Eagles would have been first and really long on the 1. Instead, they get 15 yards, and eventually a TD. I know it was early on, but it changed the entire game.

That's half the problem these days. On any given play, there can be an infinite amount of correct or incorrect call. It's becoming too ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.