• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Finding ways to lose

The second half was a thing of beauty compared to the first half.

Pretty easy to break this one down.

Out coached
Out schemed
Out played
Out muscled
Out manned
Out hit
Out run
And out scored

On the hopeful front, Rex Grossman may have taken his last snap as starter for this franchise.

On the hopeful front, Rex Grossman may have taken his last snap as starter for this franchise.

Honestly, I never want to see that ****ers face again. Hell, bring back Tony Banks

Ryan, in the first half Kyle Shanahan didn't even try to get the run game going once we fell behind 7-0. He continued to try to hit the home run instead of at least trying to get the run game going to keep Vick off the field. I know it's Rex's inability to hit the receiver that caused 4 INT's, but Kyle continued to go after their secondary when Rex continued to throw INT's. Terrible! The only play call that made me smile all day on offense was the QB sneak up the middle for the Beck TD.

On the defensive side of the ball, Haslett got shell shock again in the 1st half. On their 1st TD drive, Reid called a great series. We had gotten to Vick early on the 1st drive of the game with a lot of pressure causing them to punt, so Reid called for quick passes all the way down the field on the next possession, Haslett called off the pressure and gave Vick more time to make things happen. They scored again.

Kyle Shanahan needs to learn that you win games based on turnover differential.

With a team of average talent overall you can't be minus 2 or minus 3 each week and hope to win.

I remember one Gibbs team was plus 43 on the season!

Shanahan's teams in Denver also prided themselves on playing clean football. Terrell Davis had a consecutive carry streak without a fumble as I recall.

The old man needs to have a chalk talk with his son and reign him in based upon what talent this team has out there on offense.

Most of the talent on this team is on defense. The offense right now doesn't have the playmakers for the team to be running plays that would be appropriate for Peyton Manning or Tom Brady in a rhythm game.

This team has limitations, the 'secret' is to play them down via scheme and keep yourself close in these games to deliver a punch in the fourth quarter.

Shanahan's playcalling isn't even allowing the team to get that far.

Ryan, in the first half Kyle Shanahan didn't even try to get the run game going once we fell behind 7-0. He continued to try to hit the home run instead of at least trying to get the run game going to keep Vick off the field. I know it's Rex's inability to hit the receiver that caused 4 INT's, but Kyle continued to go after their secondary when Rex continued to throw INT's. Terrible! The only play call that made me smile all day on offense was the QB sneak up the middle for the Beck TD.

On the defensive side of the ball, Haslett got shell shock again in the 1st half. On their 1st TD drive, Reid called a great series. We had gotten to Vick early on the 1st drive of the game with a lot of pressure causing them to punt, so Reid called for quick passes all the way down the field on the next possession, Haslett called off the pressure and gave Vick more time to make things happen. They scored again.

I would rather try to get the Home run and put the other team on the offensive for a change instead of us. It sucks we havent been able to have that command of a football game in a long time week in and week out

I would rather try to get the Home run and put the other team on the offensive for a change instead of us. It sucks we havent been able to have that command of a football game in a long time week in and week out

We don't have the talent to do that. BT is right, we have to play to our strengths. Our strengths are running the ball and a short passing game. Kyle seems determined that we will throw deep.

The way to limit a big play offense is to keep them off the field and punish them physically when they are on the field.

Today, the Redskins gave them chance after chance to make plays on turnovers and didn't put a helmet on anybody.

The final score of this game doesn't really convey how poorly the Redskins played coming off a bye week and facing an opponent with a lot of missing players.

The 'real' score of this game in terms of how the teams executed was probably 30-7.

That's a reasonable read on where these teams finished up this afternoon.

Rex Grossman is in the same position as Donovan McNabb was last year.

A limited quarterback with questionable accuracy being asked by the OC to throw in a precision, timing offense which leads to interceptions and sack/fumbles.

Kyle Shanahan needs to wake up and realize he has Grossman and Beck, not Matt Schaub and Jay Cutler.

We don't have the talent to do that. BT is right, we have to play to our strengths. Our strengths are running the ball and a short passing game. Kyle seems determined that we will throw deep.

You set that up by playing that way. Teams will stop the run when we have a lead and then we go back to saying why didnt we throw more in this series or that series instead if this

It looked to me like when beck went in there the passing game actually opened up a little I dont know if thats due to the unfamialarness of him

Kyle Shanahan needs to learn that you win games based on turnover differential.

With a team of average talent overall you can't be minus 2 or minus 3 each week and hope to win.

I remember one Gibbs team was plus 43 on the season!

Shanahan's teams in Denver also prided themselves on playing clean football. Terrell Davis had a consecutive carry streak without a fumble as I recall.

The old man needs to have a chalk talk with his son and reign him in based upon what talent this team has out there on offense.

Most of the talent on this team is on defense. The offense right now doesn't have the playmakers for the team to be running plays that would be appropriate for Peyton Manning or Tom Brady in a rhythm game.

This team has limitations, the 'secret' is to play them down via scheme and keep yourself close in these games to deliver a punch in the fourth quarter.

Shanahan's playcalling isn't even allowing the team to get that far.

There were at least 2 long pass calls at critical points in the game where the WR was open and Grossman couldn't get it there. It's like Kyle Shanahan is calling plays in a void...if we've got Jay Cutler, or any other QB back there who can make those throws - great, air it out. But we don't. Yet Shanahan continues to call the plays.

Beck has greater mobility and steps up better in the pocket to create time, but the problem is as you saw on the pass to Jabar Gaffney in the fourth quarter he simply lacks the arm strength to get the ball where it needs to go consistently.

On that play, Beck read the defense correctly pre-snap, stepped up with pressure and found the open receiver.

That's all you can really expect someone to 'learn' by watching film and through repetitions in practice and on the side.

What you can't teach is talent.

There were at least 2 long pass calls at critical points in the game where the WR was open and Grossman couldn't get it there. It's like Kyle Shanahan is calling plays in a void...if we've got Jay Cutler, or any other QB back there who can make those throws - great, air it out. But we don't. Yet Shanahan continues to call the plays.

I'm convinced K-Shan still thinks he's in Houston with Schaub, for some bizarre, reason.

Nick

Make a trade with the Broncos. Bring in Orton and give him the rest of the season to acclimate to the offense and free yourself up to take another OL or WR in the first round of the draft.

At this point Orton could probably be had for a #4 pick and at 28 he is 3 years younger than Grossman but has had a lot more reps in the NFL.

We couldn't run against them. It wasn't an option. They handled our Oline with ease. There will be times when you can't run against teams. If you QB sucks, you're screwed.

Make a trade with the Broncos. Bring in Orton and give him the rest of the season to acclimate to the offense and free yourself up to take another OL or WR in the first round of the draft.

At this point Orton could probably be had for a #4 pick and at 28 he is 3 years younger than Grossman but has had a lot more reps in the NFL.

Not that I'm an Orton fan but he is also 2 years younger than Beck.

The ONE fuggin thing that the eagles defense is good at. Pathetic game plan.

I'm convinced K-Shan still thinks he's in Houston with Schaub, for some bizarre, reason.

Nick

Or he thinks he's still in the AFC south. There is no Colt Defense in the NFC East man!

They have more talent than we do. Not a big deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.