• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Finding ways to lose

We don't have the talent to do that. BT is right, we have to play to our strengths. Our strengths are running the ball and a short passing game. Kyle seems determined that we will throw deep.

There weakness is the secondary i believe which we were trying but couldnt exploit it

There weakness is the secondary i believe which we were trying but couldnt exploit it

Ummm, no. Their weakness is NOT a secondary with Asomogha, Rogers-Cromartie and Samuels. Their weakness is linebacker, which is why Sleepy abused them when we threw him the ball. Why we didn't keep going to that well time and time again is beyond me. Even Paulson had a nice long catch. Running the ball more than 14 times (or whatever it was), combined with the short passes to TE and slot receivers would have been a nice start.

Alex Smith beat the Eagles. Ryan Fitzpatick beat the Eagles.

So, only franchise passers headed to the Hall of Fame can beat that secondary? :)

Give me a break.

The Redskins threw the ball away FOUR times and were still in the game in the fourth quarter.

If this had been the Packers the Redskins would have lost 44-0.

The Eagles aren't that good. The Redskins are the only team they have stopped in 2011.

They have the best secondary in the league. On paper, one of the best in history.

The last thing we needed to do was to test their secondary. Guaranteed picks.

Ummm, no. Their weakness is NOT a secondary with Asomogha, Rogers-Cromartie and Samuels. Their weakness is linebacker, which is why Sleepy abused them when we threw him the ball. Why we didn't keep going to that well time and time again is beyond me. Even Paulson had a nice long catch. Running the ball more than 14 times (or whatever it was), combined with the short passes to TE and slot receivers would have been a nice start.

teams have been abusing their CB all year Big names but up till today they have sucked

The only other team the Eagles have stopped this season is the Rams and the Rams make the Redskins look like a powerhouse :laugh:

The Giants abused the Eagles. So did the Bills. Atlanta rolled up 30 plus points on them.

BT....how may turnovers did the Eagles have in those earlier games? And how many today?

Without a ton of turnovers today from the Eagles....did we really have a chance?

They had to mess up for us to win. They didn't. That's it.

Really? You really believe the Eagles on defense have a solid front seven that is stout against the run game of solid teams in the NFL?

You really believe that the Eagles offensive line is good enough to keep Vick clean against the better teams?

I don't believe the Eagles have shown that so far in 2011 except in this game.

So, either the Redskins are just a really good team a juggernaut like the Eagles rolled over today or Washington is simply lacking the talent to exploit the weaknesses that are there on the film when watching Philly..............

My guess and we will see over the next 11 games is the latter.

Was it 2007 the Giants were on the ropes and they beat us in our house and went on a winning streak?

considering the Redskins record in the NFC East the past 6-10 years ANY streak that a team in the division goes on almost HAS to include the Redskins as one of the victims.

Really? You really believe the Eagles on defense have a solid front seven that is stout against the run game of solid teams in the NFL?

You really believe that the Eagles offensive line is good enough to keep Vick clean against the better teams?

I don't believe the Eagles have shown that so far in 2011 except in this game.

So, either the Redskins are just a really good team a juggernaut like the Eagles rolled over today or Washington is simply lacking the talent to exploit the weaknesses that are there on the film when watching Philly..............

My guess and we will see over the next 11 games is the latter.

for crying out loud...how many times does a team have to run a cutback against the middle of the line before Haslett gets his act together and actually schemes to stop it?

the big deficit on offense..aside from QB...is still the friggin wideouts! how many years have we been trying to fix this problem? lot of injuries on the o-line today...so its hard to tell whether they are average or below average. well...from a distance......aside from TEs and RBs...our offense pretty much *ucks talent wise. this is the second straight year Williams has looked like a really, really good back-up!

I'd just point out that, when you throw it to the cornerback 4 times, it really doesn't matter if they are 'great on paper' :)

the big deficit on offense..aside from QB...is still the friggin wideouts! how many years have we been trying to fix this problem? lot of injuries on the o-line today...so its hard to tell whether they are average or below average. well...from a distance......aside from TEs and RBs...our offense pretty much *ucks talent wise. this is the second straight year Williams has looked like a really, really good back-up!

Thank you fansince-your comment I put in Bold gets the "Has anybody else noticed this" award for the week-perhaps month. Other than Moss, our WR corps hasn't impressed me much at all. An occasional nice catch by Gaffney or Austin or Stallworth isn't going to get it in terms of having consistent alternate receivers for Beck or Grossman to have available.

I also agree that our OL is a mess. Injuries are brutal due to lack of depth-we still have some notable re-building to do.

One other note-I wish DeAngelo Hall would stop getting the occasional INT-it has a tendency to obscure what a disaster he is at coverage. I'd trade him for a decent draft pick in a minute.

I have to thank a lot of you for making me laugh tonight. Its not often one can laugh after sitting alone in a sportsbar with his Redskins jersey and a frown all afternoon.

OUR DEFENSE IS NOT ELITE AND OUR OFFENSE IS A MESS. OCCASIONALLY WE MATCH UP WELL IN ONE OR MORE PHASES OF THE GAME OR GET SUPERB EFFORTS FROM SOME BUT WE ARE NOT A GOOD TEAM. WE HAVE FLASHED THE ABILITY TO GET BETTER. I'LL TAKE IT AND YOU SHOULD TOO. WE GOT BETTER THAN WE WERE LAST YEAR BY DRAFTING AND SIGNING SOME YOUNGER FREE AGENTS AND CASTING OFF SOME DEAD WEIGHT THAT WAS OVERDUE. WE WILL HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN NEXT YEAR AND MAYBE AGAIN THE YEAR AFTER THAT BEFORE WE WILL HAVE A VERY SOLID TEAM. IN THE PROCESS SOME OF OUR BETTER PLAYERS WILL GET OLD AND WE WILL LOSE SOME.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE 3-1. SOME OF US KNEW WE WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO KEEP THAT PACE. WE WILL CONTINUE TO STRUGGLE BUT WILL NOT IMPLODE, THAT WILL BE THE DIFFERENCE.

Haslett can't game plan, can't adjust and can't scheme. there is no excuse for losing this game. he had time and film and couldnt get it done.

on Offence, we were playing against a wide 9 defence, if we cant run the ball, our Oline needs a complete revamp because EVERYONE has been running against it. why try to pass deep against the wide9 THATS WHAT THE SCHEME IS DESIGNED TO CONTAIN. DISGUSTED WITH LITTLE SHANNY AND hASLETT this is just bad coaching, we might not have the perfect talent but come one,

how much longer until we acknowledge the elephant in the fridge? lol our Oline is pathetic, our best Olineman is playing LT but should be a RT, everyone else needs to go. OUr receiving corps? is bad aside from TE and moss, MAYBE the rooks will step up, maybe. our defence has a pass rush but cant stop the run because our inside lB's dont fit the scheme. our corners are ok but up and down, still too many holes but we have got to scheme around that bceause we arent adding anyone the rest of the way.

considering the Redskins record in the NFC East the past 20 years ANY streak that a team in the division goes on almost HAS to include the Redskins as one of the victims.

Fixed your post to fit the timeline better

Haslett can't game plan, can't adjust and can't scheme. there is no excuse for losing this game. he had time and film and couldnt get it done.

on Offence, we were playing against a wide 9 defence, if we cant run the ball, our Oline needs a complete revamp because EVERYONE has been running against it. why try to pass deep against the wide9 THATS WHAT THE SCHEME IS DESIGNED TO CONTAIN. DISGUSTED WITH LITTLE SHANNY AND hASLETT this is just bad coaching, we might not have the perfect talent but come one,

how much longer until we acknowledge the elephant in the fridge? lol our Oline is pathetic, our best Olineman is playing LT but should be a RT, everyone else needs to go. OUr receiving corps? is bad aside from TE and moss, MAYBE the rooks will step up, maybe. our defence has a pass rush but cant stop the run because our inside lB's dont fit the scheme. our corners are ok but up and down, still too many holes but we have got to scheme around that bceause we arent adding anyone the rest of the way.

He adjusted just fine after thje half as we held them to zero points if the offense would score some more which has been a problem for the a few years this team cant seem to score over 18 points on a consistant basis

Ryman, Haslett's defense held the Eagles to 20 points, and gave the ball back to the offense with a very short field at least once (not to mention Grossman giving it back FOUR TIMES). This loss has nothing to do with his game planning. Unbelievable that anyone could blame Haslett for this loss.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.