A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 126
  1. #1
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    11-17-10
    Location
    I live in the warmest city in the coldest province
    Posts
    2,684
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    UTEP

    Default Finding ways to lose

    only caught the second half gonna see if i can find the first half online, but man that was ugly
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  2. #2

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default

    Save yourself the agony. The first half was MUCH worse.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,055
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    The second half was a thing of beauty compared to the first half.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    It is awesome to be ME.
    Proud BGO Premium Member since Day 1.
    (a/k/a Monte51Coleman)

  4. #4

    2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    6,927
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Default

    Pretty easy to break this one down.

    Out coached
    Out schemed
    Out played
    Out muscled
    Out manned
    Out hit
    Out run
    And out scored

    On the hopeful front, Rex Grossman may have taken his last snap as starter for this franchise.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

  5. #5
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ax View Post
    On the hopeful front, Rex Grossman may have taken his last snap as starter for this franchise.
    Honestly, I never want to see that ****ers face again. Hell, bring back Tony Banks
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  6. #6
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,499
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default

    Ryan, in the first half Kyle Shanahan didn't even try to get the run game going once we fell behind 7-0. He continued to try to hit the home run instead of at least trying to get the run game going to keep Vick off the field. I know it's Rex's inability to hit the receiver that caused 4 INT's, but Kyle continued to go after their secondary when Rex continued to throw INT's. Terrible! The only play call that made me smile all day on offense was the QB sneak up the middle for the Beck TD.

    On the defensive side of the ball, Haslett got shell shock again in the 1st half. On their 1st TD drive, Reid called a great series. We had gotten to Vick early on the 1st drive of the game with a lot of pressure causing them to punt, so Reid called for quick passes all the way down the field on the next possession, Haslett called off the pressure and gave Vick more time to make things happen. They scored again.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

  7. #7
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-19-09
    Location
    Bethesda Md
    Posts
    6,757
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Kyle Shanahan needs to learn that you win games based on turnover differential.

    With a team of average talent overall you can't be minus 2 or minus 3 each week and hope to win.

    I remember one Gibbs team was plus 43 on the season!

    Shanahan's teams in Denver also prided themselves on playing clean football. Terrell Davis had a consecutive carry streak without a fumble as I recall.

    The old man needs to have a chalk talk with his son and reign him in based upon what talent this team has out there on offense.

    Most of the talent on this team is on defense. The offense right now doesn't have the playmakers for the team to be running plays that would be appropriate for Peyton Manning or Tom Brady in a rhythm game.

    This team has limitations, the 'secret' is to play them down via scheme and keep yourself close in these games to deliver a punch in the fourth quarter.

    Shanahan's playcalling isn't even allowing the team to get that far.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  8. #8
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    05-17-10
    Posts
    1,227
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Navy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    Ryan, in the first half Kyle Shanahan didn't even try to get the run game going once we fell behind 7-0. He continued to try to hit the home run instead of at least trying to get the run game going to keep Vick off the field. I know it's Rex's inability to hit the receiver that caused 4 INT's, but Kyle continued to go after their secondary when Rex continued to throw INT's. Terrible! The only play call that made me smile all day on offense was the QB sneak up the middle for the Beck TD.

    On the defensive side of the ball, Haslett got shell shock again in the 1st half. On their 1st TD drive, Reid called a great series. We had gotten to Vick early on the 1st drive of the game with a lot of pressure causing them to punt, so Reid called for quick passes all the way down the field on the next possession, Haslett called off the pressure and gave Vick more time to make things happen. They scored again.
    I would rather try to get the Home run and put the other team on the offensive for a change instead of us. It sucks we havent been able to have that command of a football game in a long time week in and week out
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  9. #9

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redskins26 View Post
    I would rather try to get the Home run and put the other team on the offensive for a change instead of us. It sucks we havent been able to have that command of a football game in a long time week in and week out
    We don't have the talent to do that. BT is right, we have to play to our strengths. Our strengths are running the ball and a short passing game. Kyle seems determined that we will throw deep.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

  10. #10
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-19-09
    Location
    Bethesda Md
    Posts
    6,757
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    The way to limit a big play offense is to keep them off the field and punish them physically when they are on the field.

    Today, the Redskins gave them chance after chance to make plays on turnovers and didn't put a helmet on anybody.

    The final score of this game doesn't really convey how poorly the Redskins played coming off a bye week and facing an opponent with a lot of missing players.

    The 'real' score of this game in terms of how the teams executed was probably 30-7.

    That's a reasonable read on where these teams finished up this afternoon.

    Rex Grossman is in the same position as Donovan McNabb was last year.

    A limited quarterback with questionable accuracy being asked by the OC to throw in a precision, timing offense which leads to interceptions and sack/fumbles.

    Kyle Shanahan needs to wake up and realize he has Grossman and Beck, not Matt Schaub and Jay Cutler.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  11. #11
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    05-17-10
    Posts
    1,227
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Navy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goaldeje View Post
    We don't have the talent to do that. BT is right, we have to play to our strengths. Our strengths are running the ball and a short passing game. Kyle seems determined that we will throw deep.
    You set that up by playing that way. Teams will stop the run when we have a lead and then we go back to saying why didnt we throw more in this series or that series instead if this

    It looked to me like when beck went in there the passing game actually opened up a little I dont know if thats due to the unfamialarness of him
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  12. #12

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,844
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    94
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog's Twin View Post
    Kyle Shanahan needs to learn that you win games based on turnover differential.

    With a team of average talent overall you can't be minus 2 or minus 3 each week and hope to win.

    I remember one Gibbs team was plus 43 on the season!

    Shanahan's teams in Denver also prided themselves on playing clean football. Terrell Davis had a consecutive carry streak without a fumble as I recall.

    The old man needs to have a chalk talk with his son and reign him in based upon what talent this team has out there on offense.

    Most of the talent on this team is on defense. The offense right now doesn't have the playmakers for the team to be running plays that would be appropriate for Peyton Manning or Tom Brady in a rhythm game.

    This team has limitations, the 'secret' is to play them down via scheme and keep yourself close in these games to deliver a punch in the fourth quarter.

    Shanahan's playcalling isn't even allowing the team to get that far.

    There were at least 2 long pass calls at critical points in the game where the WR was open and Grossman couldn't get it there. It's like Kyle Shanahan is calling plays in a void...if we've got Jay Cutler, or any other QB back there who can make those throws - great, air it out. But we don't. Yet Shanahan continues to call the plays.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  13. #13
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-19-09
    Location
    Bethesda Md
    Posts
    6,757
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Beck has greater mobility and steps up better in the pocket to create time, but the problem is as you saw on the pass to Jabar Gaffney in the fourth quarter he simply lacks the arm strength to get the ball where it needs to go consistently.

    On that play, Beck read the defense correctly pre-snap, stepped up with pressure and found the open receiver.

    That's all you can really expect someone to 'learn' by watching film and through repetitions in practice and on the side.

    What you can't teach is talent.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  14. #14
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-27-09
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    1,260
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    There were at least 2 long pass calls at critical points in the game where the WR was open and Grossman couldn't get it there. It's like Kyle Shanahan is calling plays in a void...if we've got Jay Cutler, or any other QB back there who can make those throws - great, air it out. But we don't. Yet Shanahan continues to call the plays.
    I'm convinced K-Shan still thinks he's in Houston with Schaub, for some bizarre, reason.

    Nick
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  15. #15
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-19-09
    Location
    Bethesda Md
    Posts
    6,757
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Make a trade with the Broncos. Bring in Orton and give him the rest of the season to acclimate to the offense and free yourself up to take another OL or WR in the first round of the draft.

    At this point Orton could probably be had for a #4 pick and at 28 he is 3 years younger than Grossman but has had a lot more reps in the NFL.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  16. #16
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Burleson, TX
    Posts
    1,214
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    We couldn't run against them. It wasn't an option. They handled our Oline with ease. There will be times when you can't run against teams. If you QB sucks, you're screwed.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  17. #17

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,055
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog's Twin View Post
    Make a trade with the Broncos. Bring in Orton and give him the rest of the season to acclimate to the offense and free yourself up to take another OL or WR in the first round of the draft.

    At this point Orton could probably be had for a #4 pick and at 28 he is 3 years younger than Grossman but has had a lot more reps in the NFL.
    Not that I'm an Orton fan but he is also 2 years younger than Beck.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    It is awesome to be ME.
    Proud BGO Premium Member since Day 1.
    (a/k/a Monte51Coleman)

  18. #18

    Mike Wise HATE'r

    Join Date
    07-25-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    2,399
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goaldeje View Post
    We don't have the talent to do that. BT is right, we have to play to our strengths. Our strengths are running the ball and a short passing game. Kyle seems determined that we will throw deep.
    The ONE fuggin thing that the eagles defense is good at. Pathetic game plan.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  19. #19

    Mike Wise HATE'r

    Join Date
    07-25-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    2,399
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ntotoro View Post
    I'm convinced K-Shan still thinks he's in Houston with Schaub, for some bizarre, reason.

    Nick
    Or he thinks he's still in the AFC south. There is no Colt Defense in the NFC East man!
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  20. #20
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    03-30-10
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    7,324
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default

    They have more talent than we do. Not a big deal.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Need help finding an obituary online
    By Fear The Spear in forum The 5 O'Clock Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-11, 12:46 PM
  2. Wapo: Finding the Japanese Boy Who Saved his Grandfather's Life in WWII
    By Lanky Livingston in forum The 5 O'Clock Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-11, 12:27 PM
  3. it's kinda funny in some ways
    By fansince62 in forum The 5 O'Clock Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-14-11, 11:28 AM
  4. Vick 'close' to finding new team
    By brandies in forum National Football League
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-09, 10:36 AM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •