• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2011 - Week 6 - Philadelphia Eagles

Blognostications

Blognosticator - McD5

Welcome fans. Our Redskins sit at 3-1, in first place in the division, and...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job, McD5! As you have noted, running the ball is key here and I hope Kyle gets that. Too much Rex is a recipe for a loss I think.

Good job McD5.

I think we all agree that running them into the ground is the way to a win.

It's likely that Philthy has been preparing for Torain, as he is an up the middle kind of guy, and they're a hole in the middle kind of team. And they know it.

Starting Hightower, just might force their plan to switch gears. They'll have to shift back to protecting the edge, where Hightower likes to go. But instead, Tim should cut it inside. Then, when Torain comes in, he should bust a few outside.

On defense, it's Philthy Haslett. Stop the bombs, and screens.

Excellent job McD5! Well written and on point. :claps:

One thing I'd like to add-protecting Rex is a must-Philly's averaging 3.2 sacks/game-not quite as good as our 3.75/game average but still among the top half-dozen or so in the league. That Wide 9 D is designed for speed rushers coming from the outside after the QB and they're good at it-they use the weirdest 4-point stance I've ever seen though. :dizzy2:

They make a lot of mistakes and don't tackle very well and as has been mentioned numerous times their IL crew basically sucks. But, as has also been mentioned Vick, for all his deficiencies, will be the most athletic and mobile QB we've faced yet-we need to harrass him as much as possible-a good test for Hazzie's blitzing because they're doing a surprisingly good job of protecting Vick but when he's hit he has a bad (good?) habit of coughing up the ball.

The fecals run a wide 9, they depend on their backers to tackle in the open field and thus far they havent, we need to hit that off tackle hard and often and we need our stretch runs to cut back hard to take advantage of Phillies weakest area on defence, the backers. we also dont need to stop Phillies weapons, we need to make them march because if we give up big plays, they will kill us, but if we get them to throw a lot of passes we can get picks against them. they also arent solid at driving when running the ball, we just cant let Vick run wild. this is a winnable game, lets see of haslett can out plan reid, that didnt happen last year.

Nice job McD. This is very winnable, but as has been discussed elsewhere, the old Skins we're used to lose this game 9 times out of ten. Which is why I will be praying until the final gun sounds.

I agree completely that we need to run the ball, and do so behind Trent. We also need to work on getting Helu the ball in space. Has anyone noticed what New Orleans is doing with Darren Sproles this year? A lot of screens, some lining up as a WR, moving him all over in the effort to get him the ball in space. Helu is a similar player, not as polished, but similar skill set, and I would like to see us do the same.

If Helu could turn into anything even close to Sproles, I'd be ecstatic-he's a killer weapon for the Saints and fun as all get out to watch.

Excellent write up, McD. Very nice summary of the strengths and weaknesses of both teams. This will be a wild one, I agree. I hope we can get over on this Iggles squad this time. Might set the tone for the rest of our season, possibly carry us on to the NFCE title or at the very least a WC berth.

Come on Skins!

Great blog Mc - you nailed all of the things that we need to do. As I type this, it is an hour before kickoff and there are some butterflies in the stomach. But it is a good kind of feeling this time - we won't see a blowout like last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.