• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Eagles @ Redskins: Predict The Score

Players' only meetings can't fix their interior DL or shoddy OL. I do think they win, but no way they drop more than 24 points on us.

Good point. I get the feeling from the national media and even the players that a lot of people think the Eagles' problem is mental or something. I think they just aren't that good. How many effin' times over the past decade have we seen that adding expensive, talented players to a talented base doesn't always yield results? They are talented, but they are running poor schemes, are poorly coached in many respects and are overly committed to one area on the field.

no real formula to my prediction...

Skins 24
Iggles 19

There was also a time where they had only scored 31 or more 6 times in a 75 game stretch prior to October 23, 2005. In that game, we came out and beat the San Francisco 49ers 52-17.

San Fran came to town with one win, just like Philly. Then they got their asses handed to them, and left with 1 win.

Just like Philly.

Mike Shanahan has the longest memory of any coach around. You don't think he remembers getting embarrassed in prime time last time we played these clowns? You don't think he's going to want to run up the score on Raggedy Andy to kick him while he's down? I'd be willing to say if all goes right, we could beat these idiots by 20+ just to prove a point. That is, unless the NFL tells the refs to help the Dream Team find their glory ;)

Really? You want to compare the 4-12 2005 49ers to the 2011 Eagles?

Does that mean you think the Eagles will end up 4-12?

The fact that they blew us out last game essentially offsets the fact that they are coming out desperate with their backs against the wall. Which, in combination with the fact that it is a divisional game (which are almost always close), is why I expect a close game.

The Eagles are averaging 25 ppg, the Redskins 20. That's about what the final score will be.

I love your perspective, I just don't think it's based in reality.

I will gladly eat crow should your prediction prove correct. :)

fellas...fellas....fellas.....it's time to put all these nuances aside. those bastages put 59 on us last season. THEY ARE GOING DOWN. SUMS OF XXXXXXS. that's the beginning and the end of it.

Really? You want to compare the 4-12 2005 49ers to the 2011 Eagles?
Yes. They both suck quite equally on paper and on the field. If the Eagles finish 4-12 or worse, you'd look the fool, not me ;)

Does that mean you think the Eagles will end up 4-12?
Yes. That's exactly what it means. Because comparing two ****ty teams must mean they have to have the same record at the end of the season.

For better comparison, the Eagles in giveaways and takeaways are -10. Those 49ers were only -9. Those 49ers gave up over 26ppg, just as these Eagles are doing. Those 49ers gave up 5.7 yards per play, these Eagles are giving up 5.8. The 49ers opened the season with a win against the Rams, then lost 5 straight coming into here. The Eagles opened with a win against the Rams and have lost 4 straight coming into here. The similarities are far more than you care to admit. The Eagles are not a fluke, they just suck.

The fact that they blew us out last game essentially offsets the fact that they are coming out desperate with their backs against the wall. Which, in combination with the fact that it is a divisional game (which are almost always close), is why I expect a close game.
Desperate teams do desperate things, and desperate things do not breed wins. If they decided to run McCoy 40 times, I might be worried. But Andy Reid is an idiot. He will call 45-50 pass plays by a running QB. That benefits us, not them.

I love your perspective, I just don't think it's based in reality.
More based in reality than yours.

I will gladly eat crow should your prediction prove correct. :)
Grab a plate and get your seat warm buddy, it's gonna be a large meal :D

Sigh, I'm terrible at this stuff but what the heck.

The desperation of the Eagles vs. the determination of a cohesive Redskins is a wash.

The adrenaline driven play on both sides early on could decide the tenor for the entire game. The key will be if the Skins’ defense can keep pace, not overreact and contain the Eagles as they flail away attempting to dominate. The defense holds up but given the Eagles explosiveness, they go up by four in the first quarter. Eagles 7, Skins 3.

The Skins plod along, running and dink-dunking into the redzone and we (gasp!) stuff one in to take the lead.

Eagles 7, Skins 10, the stadium is in “riot mode” and the Eagles now know they are in for a game.

Unfortunately, damn DeSean gets behind us again letting the Eagles go in at the half up by four. Eagles 14, Skins 10.

Eagles, now inspired, easily march down the field to the redzone. Vick, contained by Rak and Kerrigan, pops through the middle and is mugged by Landry and London, the ball is loose …….Eagles recover and kick the field goal. Eagles 17, Skins 10.

Grossman, playing well, has a tipped ball intercepted for a pick six. Eagles 24 Skins 10

Banks, does his thing for field position but offense can only muster up a field goal. Eagles 24, Skins 13.

McIntosh blitzes and gets the sack fumble. Davis finaly gets his YAC into the endzone, we convert the two pointer.

Defense holds, Skins get field goal.

Eagles 24, Skins 24 going into overtime.

Unfortunately, since a coin toss involved, most likely the winner of the toss will win.

Skins get the toss. Eagles 24, Skins 27

Eagles get the toss……. our defense makes the play of the game and the Skins still come out on top by 3.

How’s THAT for homerism? :cool4:

Last edited:
Though the season is still young, I see this as a "statement" game. Win and we not only get revenge, we get a monkey off our back and we can really start judging our playoff chances. Lose to this 1-4 atrocity and nobody around here will be happy next week. After all, we have a NEED to discuss playoffs since we don't get to do it that often.

I think we get up on them early but, once again, we don't put them away. They hang around long enough to tie it late in the 4th. Karma, which simply doesn't love the Skins as much as the City of Brotherly Hate, gives Philthy a 27-24 victory. Once again, we end up shaking our heads at "what should have been".

PLEASE, PLEASE prove me wrong.

The Eagles have been scoring 25 points on defenses that have consistently been giving up 25-30 through the first 4 games.

The Redskins have allowed 14, 21, 18, and 10 points.

Somewhere in there is the reality that the defense the Eagles took apart on Monday Night Football in 2010 no longer exists.

Some tidbits from my OP

I believe the Eagles will dominate early statistically.........and we go into the locker room down 20-6.

If the rest of my prediction holds up, we're good to go......

In the second half, I believe our rushing attack will start to wear down the Eagles defense, allowing Grossman to air it out for a couple of scores to pull us even at 20-20. As the game wears on, our defense will start to get the better of the Eagles, and they will be hard pressed for second half points. Both sides will mix in a couple of FG to knot the score at 26 at the end of regulation.

In overtime, we win the coin toss. Brandon Banks finally breaks one, and the Redskins win 32-26 in overtime, with the Eagles never getting the ball.

Have faith my brothers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.