• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Eagles own the Redskins @ Fed Ex Field

fuji869

The Rookie
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
Since 2000 the Redskins have gone 2-9 at home against the Eagles at Fed Ex Field the only wins were in 2005 and 2008.

2000 23-20 Eagles
2001 20-6 Eagles
2002 37-7 Eagles
2003 31-7 Eagles
2004 17-14 Eagles
2005 17-10 Redskins
2006 21-19 Eagles
2007 33-25 Eagles
2008 10-3 Redskins
2009 27-17 Eagles
2011 59-28 Eagles

In fact the Redskins have won 6 out of the last 11 in Philadelphia (2000, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008 & 2010).

It's true, but it's also been a factor of the Eagles being a very good team over the last decade and the Redskins ranging from mediocre to poor. Remember, the Eagles were constantly in the Superbowl hunt while our guys were Spurriering and Zorning it up.

got to win home games. that is the foundation.

Iggles going down. they are vulnerable.

yeah, well the Gnats owned us period until this year.

1 victory doesnt stop the ownage only lessons the bleeding winning 6-8 would be great against all the NFCE teams

it doesnt?

to me it changes mind set knowing you can beat that giant and get back to winning. to me it means you can start a new trend with one win.

but then again I tend to try and look at the positives when it comes to the Skins.

One of your best posts, Mike. :clap2:

I agree-this segment of Redskins history is being defined by what is changing not by what stays the same.

The Iggles ain't playing the same Redskins team they're always known, disrespected and owned this time. I'm seeing a break from the "roll over and die" of the past.

I've been going back and forth about this all week. They've got history on their side but they also have some really glaring flaws that play to our strengths. OTOH Vick is so unpredictable that it's almost impossible to have any confidence about it either way. So I'll do the only thing any loyal fan can, pick the Fecals to avoid jinxing my team. :)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

How many times has Detroit started off 5-0 in a 16 game season? :)

New trends and traditions are established each year for different teams.

The Eagles are a different team. They used to beat the Redskins because they had better offensive and defensive lines that dominated play.

Now the Eagles are a finesse team that turns the ball over when hit in the mouth.

Seems like a game the Redskins can win.

Redskins fans are damaged goods. We've had so much trauma, we can't help but whistle our way past the graveyard.

This is a game we can, should, and will win.

Redskins fans are damaged goods. We've had so much trauma, we can't help but whistle our way past the graveyard.

Twenty years of mediocrity will do that. It was the same against the Cowboys and yet, despite giving up only field goals, the Redskins managed to lose.

The Eagles are a dangerous team because they're desperate, their backs are against the wall. The Redskins should win, but often don't when they should. This is why this game makes me uncomfortable. Should the Redskins do what they're supposed to and step on a team when they're down it will go a long way in instilling confidence in at least this fan.

Yeah, I absolutely get that China. I'm not immune to it. I'll just say that, particularly in game chats, the minute it's clear we're not in a blow out in our favor, or the Redskins make a mistake or lose the lead, there's a tendency to immediately assume we're going down in flames.

Games like the Dallas one happen to every team. The difference is, our recent history is so full of missed opportunities and collapses, we overreact to those kinds of failures.

What we've missed out on for so long as a franchise is being able to consistently win the games we should win. I'm right there with the rest of you, whistling and worrying, believe me. But I'm trying hard to believe that it's a new day, and we can actually win when we're supposed to win. We'll see how that goes Sunday :)

I think you're right Boone. But if Vick opens up with an 80 yard TD pass to Jackson, I may leave the chatroom.

Yeah, I absolutely get that China. I'm not immune to it. I'll just say that, particularly in game chats, the minute it's clear we're not in a blow out in our favor, or the Redskins make a mistake or lose the lead, there's a tendency to immediately assume we're going down in flames.

Games like the Dallas one happen to every team. The difference is, our recent history is so full of missed opportunities and collapses, we overreact to those kinds of failures.

What we've missed out on for so long as a franchise is being able to consistently win the games we should win. I'm right there with the rest of you, whistling and worrying, believe me. But I'm trying hard to believe that it's a new day, and we can actually win when we're supposed to win. We'll see how that goes Sunday :)

you know what? we're gonna find out this Sunday whether our secondary and pass rush have improved enough to play tough with good passing teams. it'll be a good marker. as always with the Iggles...we'll also learn if our LBs are better at dealing with backs out of the backfield.

Exactly Boone! Had my hear broken so many times since 1991.

I know how it is, I use to be the biggest homer, always talking about we can win it this way, it can be done, etc, etc, etc. Now I'm just Mr. Negativity and I hate it. I try hard to stay positive, but D.C teams have KILLED me way to long since I started following sports in 94.

I feel this team can and will win the game, but my heart just tells me don't bet on it because I've felt that way so many times before.

instead of worrying about McCoy out of the backfield in LB coverage, perhaps part of that focus should be on the Eagles OTs trying to pass protect against Orakpo and Kerrigan.

the Eagles offensive line has been a turnstile so far in 2011 and Philly really hasn't faced too many outstanding defenses in going 1-4.

Buffalo and SF are winning but they are giving up 27 or 28 points each week on D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.