• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Make Roster Moves

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

ASHBURN, VA. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed cornerback Phillip Buchanon to the team’s active roster and cornerback Brandyn Thompson was placed on the practice squad after clearing waivers.

The Redskins also released cornerback Nate Ness from the team’s practice squad.

-REDSKINS-

ABOUT THE REDSKINS: Headquartered at Redskins Park in Ashburn, Virginia, and owned by Daniel Snyder, the historic Washington Redskins Football Club has won five World Championship titles including the 1937 and 1942 National Football League Championship games, as well as Super Bowls XVII, XXII and XXVI. Founded in 1932 in as the Boston Braves in Massachusetts, the team changed its name to the Redskins in 1933 and relocated to Washington, D.C., in 1937. Since then, the team has become one of the most recognizable professional sports franchises in history, featuring three Hall of Fame coaches, 19 members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame (with seven others who also were Redskins) and becoming the first team in the NFL with an official marching band and fight song, "Hail to the Redskins." The Redskins have been owned by Dan Snyder since 1999, and beginning in 1997, began playing their home games at FedExField in Landover, Md.

Like that we were able to keep Thompson. Man is raw but flashed enough to be an intriguing prospect. Youth movements don't happen all at once.

I thought a player on the active roster couldn't be placed into the PS. Obviously wrong on that!!! what are the limitations on PS?

I thought a player on the active roster couldn't be placed into the PS. Obviously wrong on that!!! what are the limitations on PS?

You have to be active or actually play in a certain number of games; not sure the exact number. There is also a limitation on years in the league - I believe after your 3rd year you are no longer PS eligible.

Found this on a niners website:
In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

-Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);
-Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games;
-If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.

EDIT: link - http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/9/...e-squad-rules-salary-49ers-player-eligibility

Just a side note, I see that Rogers has 3 ints already for the 49ers, go figure.

Just a side note, I see that Rogers has 3 ints already for the 49ers, go figure.

3 INTs in 3 straight games - ridiculous. And a pick six against Tampa - its gotta be stickum or something.

I can't help but wonder if Ed Donatell, who joined the 49ers as secondary/defensive backs coach this year might have something to do with that.

Hey, it had to break w/ Rogers eventually. He was never given the respect he thought he deserved here. Sometimes you have to go elsewhere to show yer mettle.

About the only problems I have w/ our D now, tho, is how were using folks.

That's the difference ....

deserved? a corner who cant make an INT because he cant catch deserves respect?

thats like giving a QB who cant throw the ball respect. its not given..its gotta be earned.

...between us and them. Portis was a bit of the same animal. Some Jackasses get a carrot, some get a whip.

I love Portis

how was portis the same animal? portis hit the holes and got injured. he didnt miss catches or not do his job. he did his job so much that he eventually got beat down and couldnt do it anymore.

But he demanded recognition in order to perform, not the other way around. Even as a 'Cane. And he got it from the owner here, if no one else...

He got plenty of 'gold-bricking' accusations from all sorts of folks (incl. Coarches & teammates) during some of those injury breaks. And his reactions to perceived slights are record.

Change examples - how about TO? I'm talking about players who desire (require) accolades to perform instead of the other way around.

Whether or not we think it's right is immaterial. If you've spent the $$, you may as well get the return. Brandon Lloyd - there's another one. Basically, other teams get at least SOMETHING out of them because they give them what they're looking for.

I have to agree with Mike actually, Portis did everything ever asked of him, how many running backs completely change their game to suit a coach? How many running backs block so hard they injure themselves? Portis might have been a cut up and sometimes a big mouth, but he more than backed it up on the field and he was the ultimate team guy who sacrificed his body for the team, they are not remotely similiar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.