A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
    NFL Pickem Champion 2018
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia Tech

Helmet Redskins Make Roster Moves

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

ASHBURN, VA. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed cornerback Phillip Buchanon to the team’s active roster and cornerback Brandyn Thompson was placed on the practice squad after clearing waivers.

The Redskins also released cornerback Nate Ness from the team’s practice squad.

-REDSKINS-

ABOUT THE REDSKINS: Headquartered at Redskins Park in Ashburn, Virginia, and owned by Daniel Snyder, the historic Washington Redskins Football Club has won five World Championship titles including the 1937 and 1942 National Football League Championship games, as well as Super Bowls XVII, XXII and XXVI. Founded in 1932 in as the Boston Braves in Massachusetts, the team changed its name to the Redskins in 1933 and relocated to Washington, D.C., in 1937. Since then, the team has become one of the most recognizable professional sports franchises in history, featuring three Hall of Fame coaches, 19 members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame (with seven others who also were Redskins) and becoming the first team in the NFL with an official marching band and fight song, "Hail to the Redskins." The Redskins have been owned by Dan Snyder since 1999, and beginning in 1997, began playing their home games at FedExField in Landover, Md.
    0 0 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

Eschew obfuscation.

NFL Pickem Champion 2018
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia Tech

Like that we were able to keep Thompson. Man is raw but flashed enough to be an intriguing prospect. Youth movements don't happen all at once.
    0 0 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

Eschew obfuscation.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought a player on the active roster couldn't be placed into the PS. Obviously wrong on that!!! what are the limitations on PS?
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    I thought a player on the active roster couldn't be placed into the PS. Obviously wrong on that!!! what are the limitations on PS?
    You have to be active or actually play in a certain number of games; not sure the exact number. There is also a limitation on years in the league - I believe after your 3rd year you are no longer PS eligible.

Found this on a niners website:
    In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

-Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);
    -Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games;
    -If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.
    EDIT: link - http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/9/3...er-eligibility
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks Lanky!
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just a side note, I see that Rogers has 3 ints already for the 49ers, go figure.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by TomE View Post
    Just a side note, I see that Rogers has 3 ints already for the 49ers, go figure.
    3 INTs in 3 straight games - ridiculous. And a pick six against Tampa - its gotta be stickum or something.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Indiana

I can't help but wonder if Ed Donatell, who joined the 49ers as secondary/defensive backs coach this year might have something to do with that.
    0 0 0 0

I'm giving it a 2-4 year window. Looking for improvement in all areas. Redskins, you're on the clock.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Miami

Hey, it had to break w/ Rogers eventually. He was never given the respect he thought he deserved here. Sometimes you have to go elsewhere to show yer mettle.

About the only problems I have w/ our D now, tho, is how were using folks.
    0 0 0 0

“There is nothing more unequal than the equal treatment of unequals.”
    - Lombardi

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Miami

Default That's the difference ....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSr619 View Post
    deserved? a corner who cant make an INT because he cant catch deserves respect?

thats like giving a QB who cant throw the ball respect. its not given..its gotta be earned.
    ...between us and them. Portis was a bit of the same animal. Some Jackasses get a carrot, some get a whip.
    0 0 0 0

- Lombardi

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Miami

Default I love Portis

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSr619 View Post
    how was portis the same animal? portis hit the holes and got injured. he didnt miss catches or not do his job. he did his job so much that he eventually got beat down and couldnt do it anymore.
    But he demanded recognition in order to perform, not the other way around. Even as a 'Cane. And he got it from the owner here, if no one else...

He got plenty of 'gold-bricking' accusations from all sorts of folks (incl. Coarches & teammates) during some of those injury breaks. And his reactions to perceived slights are record.

Change examples - how about TO? I'm talking about players who desire (require) accolades to perform instead of the other way around.

Whether or not we think it's right is immaterial. If you've spent the $$, you may as well get the return. Brandon Lloyd - there's another one. Basically, other teams get at least SOMETHING out of them because they give them what they're looking for.
    0 0 0 0

- Lombardi

BGObsessed
    I live in the warmest city in the coldest province
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    UTEP

I have to agree with Mike actually, Portis did everything ever asked of him, how many running backs completely change their game to suit a coach? How many running backs block so hard they injure themselves? Portis might have been a cut up and sometimes a big mouth, but he more than backed it up on the field and he was the ultimate team guy who sacrificed his body for the team, they are not remotely similiar.
    0 0 0 0