• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I'm ready for the ass whoopin'.

Matt

Take us out back and put us out to pasture. Turn the lights out when you leave.

:anonymous:

Is this some sort of reverse jinx?

Our offense is not likely to put up 30+ points, meaning our defense has to contain Vick much better than Buffalo did. Vick can put points up in a hurry as he showed this afternoon.

I like our chances, but I definitely don't see an ass whoopin'.

This is a very dangerous game. They are a very wounded team with a lot of speed and talent.

This is a very dangerous game. They are a very wounded team with a lot of speed and talent.

you're right. but they've been wounded for a while now and haven't responded. we can take em. oddly...I bet they roll in over confident due to last year's massacre.

We will be getting our asses handed to us guys, plain and simple. We're not good enough for it to be a trap game, and the Eagles have nothing to lose.

They will be game planning differently, they will be play calling differently, and we will be ineffective and confused. Exactly what we're hoping won't happen, will happen. A repeat of the Monday Night Massacre, just not on such a grand scale.

See Matt, I can do reverse jinxing too. I'm on to your scam. :D

Now we just need someone to get Westy in here ASAP to make a prediction about this being the game the Eagles use to turn it all around, and we'll be set for the sure W.

I hope we can oblige your expectations for next Sunday.

Did Philty learn nothing from watching the danny for the past twelve years? I would have thought that NO ONE would ever build a team with a bunch of hired guns again

Got that right Sarge. Everyone who liked the Eagles I talk to I warned them, don't expect big things, so far it's come true.

Hopefully Shanahan boards the Gravy Torain and rides him all game long. Hightower & Helu are good, but to win against the Eagles we need to beat the crap out of them, and Torain gives us the best shot at that. I'd say give Torain about 25-30 carries, and about 10-15 well-timed Helu change-of-pace carries. And dear god, no ridiculous shovel passes to Moss in the red zone!

The real test for us will be on defense - so far, the Eagles' offense hasn't been able to do much because Vick has zero time. Not sure if its because he's getting older, or he lost some pocket presence in jail (you'd think he'd be more aware of his surroundings, but whatevs), but he's getting pounded this season (no comment on his jail time). We need to continue the trend. If Vick gets time against us, he'll put up some numbers. He's too good not to.

I think the Redskins lose this game, but keep it close most of the way. No way they light us up like the last time we played. I'll say 21-17 Eagles, Vick razzle-dazzles on his final drive to put us away.

I think the key is our defense, personally. Haslett should be cackling as he looks at the gametape from Phi against Buf. Their rookie center apparently made a few inexplicable plays yesterday - it's in MMQB, I'll see if I can dig it up.

The kind of play that ruins a season -- and says so much about the 2011 Philadelphia Eagles.

The Eagles are playing in quicksand. They make a little progress, make a couple of plays and then, week after week, do something really stupid to set themselves back. A strip. A penalty. An interception. An idiotic offside call when they can least afford it. Sloppy teams do dumb things like that all the time, and the Eagles right now are both sloppy and dumb.

One play in the 31-24 loss to Buffalo illustrated that perfectly. I had to watch the play over and over in the NBC viewing room, sitting next to Tony Dungy, who was trying to figure it out too.

Down 14-7 midway through the second quarter, the Eagles took over at their 22. On first down, Vick retreated to throw. The Bills blitzed a cornerback (I couldn't read his number) around the Eagles' left end, and sent a rookie linebacker, Kelvin Sheppard, from over the left guard. At the snap of the ball, rookie center Jason Kelce pulled to the left. The Eagles running back on the play took care of the defensive back blitzing to the left of Vick. There was a moment in time -- we froze the image at NBC on the wide-angle view of the field, with all players on the screen -- where Kelce, pulling left, looked as if he'd be head-up on Sheppard and easily neutralize him so Vick would have enough time to find one of the four receivers in the pass-route.

Inexplicably, Kelce sprinted left to double-team a defensive back who was already well blocked.

"I know when he goes back and looks at film of that play, that center will be beating himself up over that one,'' Sheppard told me. "The crazy thing was, everything cleared out, and there was this huge hole to rush through. My eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store. There was nobody between me and Vick.''

Sheppard came unblocked at Vick. "I had a guy coming down my gun barrel and I should have just took the sack,'' said Vick. "I think that was a game-changer. Those things can't happen.''

True: Vick should have taken the sack. His greed to make a play led to throwing the ball right to Nick Barnett, who ran it in 31 yards for a touchdown. This is certainly partially Vick's fault because he has to eat that ball. But Kelce's mistake ... I guess you'd call it a rookie mistake. But it's so incomprehensible.

It was a bizarre play, the kind of mistake that illustrates perfectly why the Eagles are in this predicament. Because of injuries (both in the preseason and during the season), the Eagles started five offensive lineman Sunday, none of whom were the presumed starters at their positions last March. Two rookies (Kelce and guard Danny Watkins), one bargain free agent (guard Evan Mathis), one converted guard at tackle (Todd Herremans), one failed right tackle at left tackle (King Dunlap). Vick only took one sack Sunday, but I'd bet he took 12 good hits or so.

It's not too late for the Eagles to get out of this, with the talent they have. But Washington and confusing defensive coordinator Jim Haslett are up next. Not a good week for rookie centers to figure out which blitzers to pick up. Haslett has to be looking at the video today excited at the change-ups he'll be able to throw at the Eagles.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/10/10/Week5/index.html#ixzz1aNlWdGzS

This is not a jinx. Has anyone seen 5 minutes of the Philadelphia Eagles this season? They suck.

Andy Reid has a better chance of driving by a Golden Corral than the Eagles do of winning this game
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Come on Matt, and everyone.
Andy Reid is not THAT stupid.
He was perhaps the first person in the world to realize when McNabb's career was actually done, when it took so many so-called experts up to another 2 years or more, to realize that.

I think the key is our defense, personally. Haslett should be cackling as he looks at the gametape from Phi against Buf. Their rookie center apparently made a few inexplicable plays yesterday - it's in MMQB, I'll see if I can dig it up.

yup. and their defense (or lack thereof).

Andy Reid is no fool but they have put together a flawed team. Defensively they are weak up the middle and against the run. That should play right to our strength as we aren’t very strong at WR but our backs catch the ball well and out TEs are above average. They have good speed though so we have to work n them physically.

When they are on offense we’ll have to guard against the big play because they are very dangerous. Still, if it comes down to either having to have our defense hold the Eagles if we have the lead or putting the game in Rex’s hands to drive us to the winning score, I’ll take my chances with the defense every time (until the offense shows me different).

If it becomes a blowout it will be because we turn the ball over a lot, not because they just beat us up and down the field.

Yup. Don't try to outsmart them and pass on first and second down because you know they're expecting run. Make them prove they can stop you.

Everyone keep talking about pounding them up the middle, but I;m not convinced we need to be so limited. Strech plays towards cover corners who don't like to tacke seem a likely successful attack as well.

Everyone keep talking about pounding them up the middle, but I;m not convinced we need to be so limited. Strech plays towards cover corners who don't like to tacke seem a likely successful attack as well.

That's true, but it would play more to the speed of their front seven. Certainly I don't want to see “Goal line, I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white” all day, but I think that's an obvious weakness they have that we should look to exploit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.