• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

THe Official Brag About Your Kids Thread

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
After my kids came home with their report cards today, I had to brag. My daughter is in 5th grade and got all As and a B+. Very impressive, since Kindergarten-3rd Grade were such a struggle. In 4th Grade, she was diagnosed with Asperger's, and since we gained that knowledge and learned techniques to work with her, she has excelled.

As for my son......beyond impressed. He is only 5, and a Kindergartner. We have always thought he was abnormally smart, but we had no confirmation until now. Here they use a 1-4 grading scale for Kindergarten. A 1 means your child is seriously struggling, and a 3 is meeting grade level requirements. 4 is exceeding grade level requirements. He scored a 4 on everything, and his teacher sent home a note with the report card that said she wants to have a conference with us to talk about what we want to do with his education going forward, because she said if there was a 5, he would have gotten all 5s. She said he not only exceeds grade level expectations, but that he greatly exceeds them.

Needless to say, we are about as impressed with our 2 babies as you can possibly be :D

That is fantastic news on both fronts. I haven't bragged on me daughter in a long time. Not that she hasn't continued with her academic excellence. She went through school in the gifted program until high school, where the program ended.High school was all honors, advanced placement, and ACE classes, along with playing in three of the school bands, playing soccer. Odyssey of the mind has also been one of her extra curricular activities since 7th grade, where her team have made the state finals every year, and world finals 3 times.

She's half way through her first semester at UCF, Burnett Honors College in Orlando. Because of her dedication in high school, she has less mandatory classes needed, and is already able to focus on her major.

We're extremely proud of her. I attribute her success to always keeping her challenged, reading with her every night, and staying involved with her education. Public school systems can in fact work.....

I don't have kids yet, but I will brag about my nephews and cousin. Nephew 1 just entered college and will be playing D-III baseball. Nephew 2 recently got back from A-stan w/ the Army National Guard and is now working full time for them. Cousin just graduated with honors from college, got a great job, purchased first car, and moved into her own apt. You could say I'm quite proud of all of them :)

Both stories are awesome, and it's fun to gloat as a parent :D

My friends and family have been teasing me over it on facebook attributing their success solely to my wife. They like to take jabs at me for it, because she's a member of 4 honor societies, and I am only a member of 3. Her GPA was also .02 higher than mine. Two facts nobody lets me live down lol.

But I am a member of Mensa, my IQ is 23 points higher, and I got turned down for a gifted program in school because I scored too high so :tongue2:

In all reality, they have great genes, and we have pushed them hard academically since they were babies and it's paying off big time. I do give my wife credit though, her family is waaaaaaaaay smarter than mine. Her mom, grandparents on both sides and 2 cousins are lawyers. Her aunts and uncles are all doctors, and she has a cousin that's a marine biologist. Between the living members of her family, there are 7 doctorates degrees, 6 masters degrees and 3 bachelors degrees. In my family, nobody besides me, my dad, my sister and one cousin even made it past high school. For every doctorate my wife's family has, my family has a high school dropout lol.

I even asked my mom who the hell I got my brains from. Then I asked if I was adopted :laugh: Don't get me wrong, my dad is as smart as they come when it involves politics, history, math and finances. But he doesn't know much outside that. My mom dropped out of school in 8th grade, as did my brother and several aunts/uncles/grandparents. I just don't get it. I must have inherited it from far down the line, since there are major historical figures in my family tree.

For me, I brag on my kids all the time, whether it's figuring out the way to stay up the longest is shove poo under the door (2 years ago thank goodness) or their acceptance with good grace of another foster child into the family for a little while.

My kids are only 5 and 6, in pre-k and K. I kind of worry they won't be challenged enough. My son in pre-K already knows letters and numbers and is starting to read. With his IQ of 135 despite taking the test marching on teacher's table and banging through the classroom before just saying the first answer on the last 10 questions because he was bored. He just desperately needs the socialization. Two days ago, he punched a kid in the face while play fighting as ninjas. He does this all the time because he has no sense of personal space which maybe because his eyes suck. He will get bifocals next week. My favorite quote from him lately was how he answered grandpa who doesn't approve of us fostering another kid when asked why we took in another, "She needed us, and we could."

My daughter is 6 and in kindergarden. She has empathy for everything...and a lot of apprehension. From her medical history, this isn't a huge surprise, but what can be done about it is limited by her heart condition (multiple heart surgeries finished we hope by a fontan procedure, a stroke, potentially fatal food alergies, and drug exposure). She is one who makes me worry for our educational system. As somebody whose brain was deprived of normal O levels for 3 years, her brain developed slower. She processes things slowly and is very concrete. However the schoolstest her recognition of numbers and letters, and they only worry if a child can't recognize 10 in a min. She scored 27, and they're happy with it saying "see she has no problems." We've worked on those with her since she was 3. Now teach her something new and report back please. Maybe teach her how to tie her shoes. lol I keep trying that one.

Both of my kids are living miracles from whom I would never expect as much as I see now. I keep track of some of my experiences with them and my progression with MS at
http://thelifewelllived.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
I just got a letter in the mail from Virginia Beach City Public Schools informing me that my son scored in the 96th percentile on the placement test for gifted services. Seriously, we've known for a while that he was freakishly smart for his age, but 96th percentile is frickin insane. Definitely a proud papa walking around with my chest puffed out today.

Need I say more?

moreimages_zps153c8de3.jpg

That's a cute pic El.

Few years ago was walking with my 2 sons to the store, they were 6 and 9. The 9 year old was keeping pace with me but the 6 yr old was lagging a tad. I turned around and said faster Mason, faster. With a dead pan face he looks at me and says "no..you're a bastard". Ah kids, gotta love em.

El...he looks ready for a visit to Panera!!!!

A happy baby! Awesome....is someone ticklin his toes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.