• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WHy Do People Think A Degree In Anything Makes You An Expert In Everything?

I've never heard someone randomly say "I have a college degree," but I have heard someone bust out "I have a history degree" or something when discussing history. So, degree-specific credential-pulling. But never just on a random topic...

I get much more frustrated by people who think they are experts at everything, with or without a degree. It seems that many of them spend vast amounts of time on internet message boards.

I get much more frustrated by people who think they are experts at everything, with or without a degree. It seems that many of them spend vast amounts of time on internet message boards.

You have to view a message board as a giant editorial IMHO. You definitely can't take what is posted on the internets too seriously. :)

The internet is a giant random thought thread. It gives voice to everyone, and everyone has used the anonymity to stretch the truth at some point.

You're all LITERALLY full of ****. I know, because I'm working on my second Master's from Columbia University in Human Behavior, studying EVERY day, and I can just tell you're all liars, every SINGLE WORD you say. It's not really my passion though, so I'm considering dropping out OF school and pursuing THIS passion I've had for acting my ENTIRE life. POST education, my dream has always been to be a celebrity.

My best friend's neighbor's cousin's step sister IS friends with a big time Hollywood exec, so I'm guaranteed to land some big roles. I will be a TOTAL takeover by me of the Hollywood scene.Soon, you'll be seeing my name in lights.

Don't try to verify any of this, because I go out of my way to be low key, and I use a different name in my career endeavors. I can't tell you the name of the exec either, because I'm not sure he wants his name being thrown around. I wouldn't BULL**** you.

READ BETWEEN THE LINES. PEOPLE ALWAYS PUT THE TRUTH IN CAPS!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
You're all LITERALLY full of ****. I know, because I'm working on my second Master's from Columbia University in Human Behavior, studying EVERY day, and I can just tell you're all liars, every SINGLE WORD you say. It's not really my passion though, so I'm considering dropping out OF school and pursuing THIS passion I've had for acting my ENTIRE life. POST education, my dream has always been to be a celebrity.

My best friend's neighbor's cousin's step sister IS friends with a big time Hollywood exec, so I'm guaranteed to land some big roles. I will be a TOTAL takeover by me of the Hollywood scene.Soon, you'll be seeing my name in lights.

Don't try to verify any of this, because I go out of my way to be low key, and I use a different name in my career endeavors. I can't tell you the name of the exec either, because I'm not sure he wants his name being thrown around. I wouldn't BULL**** you.

I saw what you did there.

Benefits of a classical education.

I saw what you did there.

Benefits of a classical education.
What can I say? Geniuses such as ourselves always read between the lines :laugh:

WHAT THE **** DID YOU JUST CALL ME?

I HAVE A BIGGER POST COUNT THAN YOU!! MY OPINION MATTERS!!
I hear a big post count means you're compensating for something :)

The irony of my abnormally large post count for my short time here is not lost on me, but these rules don't apply to me, because I said so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.