• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Suck for Luck Sweepstakes

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
OK, since it is obvious that we will not be anywhere near the top pick in the draft, it will be interesting to see who might be the "lucky" winner/loser. :laugh:

Anyway, the Rams look like a potential candidate, maybe Shanahan will be able to trade for Bradford after all if the Rams do end of the worst team in the league! Here's to hoping the Rams win the Luck sweepstakes! :)

Chad Henne has had no supporting cast, he's not a bad QB. But you're right, they would go with Luck if they were there.

St. Louis is the only team I see that could be bad enough, but would not actually take Luck, instead trading the spot to the highest bidder.

I'd like to add the Colts to the "Suck for Luck sweepstakes." They are probably in the most desperate need of all. No other team has been as totally dependent upon their QB for success as the Colts. I can't for the life of me understand why they haven't tried to find a young stud QB to groom as Peyton's replacement. I don't think anybody's going to go winless this season so anybody with three wins or less could qualify-especially if they are willing and able to do some pick-trading.

Only thing I will say about that Serv, is that the Colts have done a pretty shoddy job of drafting in general in the last 4-5 years. They really haven't added any playmakers, and in fact, a lot of their fist round picks have been flat out busts. Everyone says Polian is a genius, but that franchise is in trouble when Manning retires. With or without Luck.

I still say there is no chance the Shanahans do not make a move in this draft for a QB. Whether or not its Luck is another thing altogether, but I do believe they make a move. Its gonna make a lot of people unhappy also, since they're going to have to pay a hefty price.

serv, the Colts totally slipped my mind! But I think they are going to start winning some games too. They played the Steelers tough even though the Steelers don't appear to be the team they have been in the past.

I am convinced there is a going to be a QB move this off-season. Just a matter of whether they promote Beck, draft a QB be it through a trade up or in the slot we are slated, or a trade for a young vet who just can't get things going with a terrible team (Henne?). But there is no doubt in my mind we are making a QB move.

I believe it will be through the draft. The quality of the young crop in the class of 11 appears to be better than the class of 10, just not the quantity of them. Landry Jones is looking more and more like the QB that would be most accessible by us without giving up the farm. Luck is not going to be a Redskins QB.

Only thing I will say about that Serv, is that the Colts have done a pretty shoddy job of drafting in general in the last 4-5 years. They really haven't added any playmakers, and in fact, a lot of their fist round picks have been flat out busts. Everyone says Polian is a genius, but that franchise is in trouble when Manning retires. With or without Luck.

I heard an analyst mention this at the beginning of the season - they have had several very "un-Coltslike" drafts the past few years, and it has left them with very little depth. Last night they had a couple UDFAs playing on the OL due to injury - that just doesn't happen to a team like the Colts.

The Manning injury has definitely exposed them - they are such a different team without him. He should win MVP without playing a game, because its clear he is more important to the Colts than anyone else to their respective teams. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.