• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I'm ready for Andy Reid to go.

Matt

He's lost it. It's over. Pull the plug, Lurie. I can't stand him anymore.

Eagles are headed to 1-3.. one or two more losses and I think I'll be on the "Suck for Luck" bandwagon.

:anonymous:

Let's go Phillies chants breaking out at the game.

Give them hell. The Phillies are the bright shining stars of the Philadelphia sports world.

Hopefully he has 2-3 losing seasons in a row before he gets fired

Matt, do I remember right that this season was supposed to be Andy's swan song? He's back for this last one title run right?

Can't believe they lost today.

I can, Om. The somewhat(!) over-hyped "Dream Team" seems to be underachieving just about as much as I'd hoped they would.

I secretly love it when the media sports pundits bandwagon and slobber all over themselves extolling the "magnificence" of the latest darlings (remember the preseason Cowboy hype from last year?) only to have their "Wonder team" fall on its face early on.

Guess I'm just evil that way. :devilish:

Listening to a couple of shows locally and the fans are livid here in Eagles land.

Vick threw a bunch of his teammates under the bus in the post game.

If they continue to bust, that team will be blown up in the offseason. We could get a solid player or two from them in FA. :)

Oh, I am right there with ya serv. I wonder if by the end of the year if the Eagles are just about average, they will say something about trying to buy a Championship?

Matt, do I remember right that this season was supposed to be Andy's swan song? He's back for this last one title run right?

Can't believe they lost today.

Never heard anything like that but the way they "loaded" up one would assume.

The transformation is complete. All these players were either signed or drafted by Andy Reid. He made his living off of Rhodes/Modrak leftovers.

The team has taken on the identity of his gelatinous body -- soft. He's lost it. I don't see this team making any sort of turn or manning up. The issues are multifold it would take a 16 page essay to outline them but here is the bullet point version:

-Moving the offensive line coach to defensive coordinator. His only qualification? Shooting the **** with Jim Johnson when he was with the Eagles. Not sure I even need to say anymore about that.

-Coaching issues. Specifically issues that have been around since Reid came here in '99. Too much passing, clock management sucks, never wins any challenges, etc etc.

-Leaving many positions up to chance such as linebacker and safety. Instead of investing in LBs they sign CBs and D-lineman. And then institute a plan in which the LBs play a significant role but none of the Linebackers are even PS worthy. Unbelievable they went into the season with this plan. It's almost like it was done on purpose.

I'm ready to accept Reid for what he is: he made his living off the dregs of the NFL with a few big wins here and there, which through process of luck and pure probability will happen, but today he lost a game he almost always wins.

Coming off a huge loss to a division opponent, facing a mediocre opponent, this is usually a game where Reid lays the wood on someone but tonight he completely **** the bed. I think the guy has lost it. It's time for him to step away from the game, maybe not permanently, but for a while.

Thank you for service, Andrew. You made the Eagles respectable but lets not get crazy... you're never going any further than what you did in 2004. It's over. You're the last one in the room. It's time to leave.

Listening to a couple of shows locally and the fans are livid here in Eagles land.

Vick threw a bunch of his teammates under the bus in the post game.

If they continue to bust, that team will be blown up in the offseason. We could get a solid player or two from them in FA. :)

You know, I've never believed that Lurie would pull the plug on Reid.

But with the success of the Phillies, which is widely known that Lurie hates, he could do it. If the Phillies go far and win the World Series and Reid continues down his path to mediocrity it might be the best chance I ever see for Reid finally getting the guillotine.

With that said, Castillo will be the first to have his head on the chopping block. I think he could be fired in the next few weeks.

It pisses me off that I'm actually going to watch these clowns for the next 12 weeks.

I wouldn't get too upset just yet. This team can still be very good. Your lbs suck? Well every team has holes. The Dallas secondary isn't great. The Skins don't have the best corners in the league. The Giants D is banged up. No team is perfect.

And people comparing this team to the Miami Heat need to remember that the Heat lost a bunch of games in the beginning of the season. But over time, the team with the best talent in the most positions usually wins. And when the dust settled, it was the Heat playing for the championship.

There are some absolutely amazing players on that team. I believe you will see them get on a roll, and win 6 or 7 of their next 8 games.

McD5, you really have to see this team play one game. You'll get a nice glimpse in two weeks.

If you guys don't pound our asses into the ground you will have to consider any playoff hopes you may have. This team is that bad.

Andy has never made the playoffs after a 1-3 start.

Oh Matt, I almost feel bad for you. But then I remember how much I hate the Eagles, and their epic fail of a season (so far) makes me smile ear to ear. :)

Sorry dude, welcome to being a Redskin fan - huge expectations from winning the offseason that turn into dust as your team plays like steaming S on the field.

Actually Vince Young was still healing up his injury he got during preseason. That's why he wasn't the backup the first few weeks.

He was the backup on Sunday though.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Oh Matt, I almost feel bad for you. But then I remember how much I hate the Eagles, and their epic fail of a season (so far) makes me smile ear to ear. :)

Sorry dude, welcome to being a Redskin fan - huge expectations from winning the offseason that turn into dust as your team plays like steaming S on the field.

I wouldn't feel bad either. I'm happy for you guys. I know a few of you have been waiting quite a while for a competitive team. I'm glad you guys are fielding a team that isn't an easy win.

I guess if you guys take the East it will be the least sour taste of all the other teams. :)

I had forgotten what last place felt like. Its been a while but I'm settling in nicely. I think ill pull up a chair. Might be here for a while.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

McD5, you really have to see this team play one game. You'll get a nice glimpse in two weeks.

If you guys don't pound our asses into the ground you will have to consider any playoff hopes you may have. This team is that bad.

Andy has never made the playoffs after a 1-3 start.

I've seen a few of there games this season, including the game last weekend. And I believe you are jumping the gun here.

There is a huge difference between what the Eagles are doing, and what the Skins did. First, most of your players are in their prime. The Skins overpaid guys that were mainly old and done.

Secondly, you have a winning organization. The Skins had a circus with Dan and Vinny--just a place to get paid, with an environment that wasn't conducive to winning.

Finally, there are several players on that team that can just take games over:

Vick--he's good for 2 or 3 wins by himself. Some crazy runs in the fourth quarter, or some 5 td game. He'll get you a few.

Desean Jackson--he's good for 1 or 2 wins by himself. Either some crazy return for a last second td....or some crazy 90 yard bomb. He'll win a few.

Your secondary--they'll win you two games. They don't look great yet, but those corners are amazing.

Lesean McCoy--he's good for a win or two. He'll go for 150 yards and 3 tds one game this year, and he'll win it for you.

The Skins never had players like that. Now I don't agree with the special teams changes, or with the OC becoming the DC. But let's be honest.....any of us could coach that team to a decent amount of wins. You're in good shape.

Man alive. The Bills are just running all over the Eagles today. This is ridiculous. The Eagles are getting gashed.

The Eagles'run D has been a major weakness for them so far this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.