• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rams - Same ****, different year

Sarge

Well, it brought us luck a few weeks ago.Looks like we need it, playing down to the Rams again this year

Sarge....what happens when we get into a game in which the other team isn't shooting itself in the foot?

We lose. Probably should have lost this game, and would have if the Rams had receivers that could catch the ball

Yeah, why even show up, huh?

Sarge....what happens when we get into a game in which the other team isn't shooting itself in the foot?

Is there anybody out there who isn't shooting themselves in the foot from time to time during games?

We lose. Probably should have lost this game, and would have if the Rams had receivers that could catch the ball

Would the Rams score without the refs support though? I mean sheesh that was some really soft PFs that really bailed them out a couple of times.

I'd also submit that one Brian Orakpo among others had a lot to do with them shooting themselves in the foot. The guy was absolutely monstrous today.

I'm with you guys on the refs, I was livid by game's end.

Is there anybody out there who isn't shooting themselves in the foot from time to time during games?

the teams that finish with 10 wins or more.

you know full well what I mean. the last two weeks the opponents looked like Pop Warner League wannabes whom we should have slaughtered.

the teams that finish with 10 wins or more.

you know full well what I mean. the last two weeks the opponents looked like Pop Warner League wannabes whom we should have slaughtered.

I'll tell you something-I agree with a lot of what I think is your base point-that teams that consistently make fewer mistakes over the long haul will tend to win more games. I should have noted that my question was addressed to this particular point of the season-Week 4. Right now, for example, I don't see anyone in the NFCE with the possible exception of Dallas who looks like they mIght have as many as 10 wins at the end of the season.

"Should have slaughtered"? Nah, we're not yet at the point in the improvement curve from the depths of the abyss this team was in to even think about "slaughtering" anybody. Next year-more likely 2013 when I think we'll be a likely playoff contender-contingent on a few strategic personnel improvements and a new ST coach (yep-I'm on that bandwagon-we suck there) we can look to expect to steamroll some teams as we go along. Right now getting to 8 or even 9 wins is a huge leap from the mess we were a couple of seasons ago. winning games that we would have usually lost in the last two seasons is a sign of improvement I can't deny. 2009? we would have been 0-4 right now. 2010 maybe 2-2 at best. Hell, I expected to be 2-2 at this point myself as I posted elsewhere. I think people sometimes have their expectations a bit too high and based on wishful thinking rather than an honest examination of just how much effort it has taken to get this team from being the most dysfunctional team in the league (2009) to a middle-of-the-pack 7 to 9 win "normal" NFL team at the present time. Yeah there's a lot of work to be done yet-and more, IMO, than people might estimate before we're at the "slaughtering" teams level.

We won a game we should have one. That is definitely not like years past. Still a lot of work to be done, but there are differences.

for real..we win and we get ****. we lose and we get ****. why are so many Skins fans so big of debbie downers?

and dont give me no BS about "the past 20 years...." unless youre a Bills or Browns fan you really cant cry too much.

ummm. not quite. perfectly happy with victories. frustrated about losses when I KNOW we should have won going away. if you are ok with losses that's your issue. it's not slamming the team. it's about loftier expectations. I believe we clearly have the talent and SHOULD have waxed the Boys.

wow..took that a little personal eh, Al?

wellll...you were in attack mode! ....I thought I was rather controlled in the response! either way...we're 3-1 with good prospects for being 8-3/7-4 at the half way point. I wanted that Dallas game on many levels and was PO'd we tubed it. I don't believe I have seen a wide receiver corps as inept as theirs was last Monday. then, watching the Rams bufoon it all over the place, but staring at a 17-10 lead late in the game.....brought back the same "put these mofos away" emotions. not down on the Skins. I want to see them crush in games like these. they ahve the tools IMO...they just haven't put it together.

Not a math guy, but I'm pretty sure 11 games is more than half of 16.

Just sayin'. :cool:

As far as this team---twenty years of futility ringing in our ears---making anybody mad for being 3-1 and for "how" they just won a "have to have it" game on the road ...

Perspective is an amazing thing.

Not a math guy, but I'm pretty sure 11 games is more than half of 16.

Just sayin'. :cool:

As far as this team---twenty years of futility ringing in our ears---making anybody mad for being 3-1 and for "how" they just won a "have to have it" game on the road ...

Perspective is an amazing thing.

serves me right for not proofing it!

6-2/5-3

as amazing as looking forward...rather than backward!

mike...life is short! I had us pegged for two losses to the Iggles at the beginning of the season. not any more!!!!

I think the difference this year is that in most years' past our d would have folded on the last drive. We would have lost to the Cards and the Rams. The fact that our d held up and preserved a victory is actually a big difference.

That's something that Gregg's Defenses rarely did. Something Blatches' defenses rarely did. And certainly not something we could pull off last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.