• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2011 - Week 4 @ St Louis Rams

Blognostications

Blognosticator - MikeSr619

As I sit here with the taste of venom in my mouth I can’t help but wonder;...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rames?

Great job Mike! You deserve to be a blognosticator! You nailed it!

Well done, Mike! Don't know what you were worried about... ;)

My only gripe is that you made me relive the house of horrors that the Rams have been for us over the past few years. I had all but repressed the 08 game!

Back to therapy, I guess.

:)

Nicely done Mike...I find it odd we play them again for a 4th year in a row to begin with. They're better than an 0-3 team and we'll be facing a team desperate not to make it 4 straight losses.

The Redskins had better come to play.

I hope the secondary plays better this week. I like our defensive front, but I'm not sold on our DBs (although Josh Wilson has done a nice job at times). And I think you're right that we need to pound the rock and not rely on Grossman to be something he's not.

Damn, Mike. I gotta agree with G., you were worried?

Very well done,amigo-very well done indeed.:clap2:

BTW, I'm not one damn bit surprised either.:)

I agree this game caries a lot of weight-for a lot of reasons, some history as you mentioned but also, to me, how a team enjoying it's first sense of "hey, maybe we can actually play winning football" for the first time in a couple of years responds after a loss.

Mike Shanahan alluded to it in one of is post-game comments when he said something along the lines of "this will tell you a lot about the character of your fotball team-how they respond to a loss."

O.K., Skins-here's your chance. Come out aggresive, take it to the Rams for 60 minutes, leave it all on the field and come back with a win and I'll start frosting the cake of "Look out NFL, We're coming back to haunt ya."

Yeah, your revisitation of Rams horrors past is the reason I don't feel confident about this game. A team the Redskins should beat but don't. 0-3 and desperate. Not afraid as they've beaten the Redskins before. And on their home turf.

I just hope the Redskins don't have a Cowboy hangover.

BTW, here are Mike Shanahan's career stats following a Monday night game:

22-9 overall, 11-4 following a loss on Monday night.

Edit: What I get from that is that he's got about the same record following a Monday night loss as any other Monday night game, so a hangover seems unlikely; and his winning percentage is about 71% following a Monday night game versus 59% overall (during the regular season, 61.5% post-season).

Last edited:
Great job, Mike. You captured the frustration of losing to the pathetic Rams very well. I was at the 2008 game where dumbass Pete Kendall caught the deflected ball, and thought he was Gale Sayers reincarnated or something and started running. Then good ol' OJ Atogwe took it to the house when he inevitably fumbled. I was so mad...

Great job, Mike. You captured the frustration of losing to the pathetic Rams very well. I was at the 2008 game where dumbass Pete Kendall caught the deflected ball, and thought he was Gale Sayers reincarnated or something and started running. Then good ol' OJ Atogwe took it to the house when he inevitably fumbled. I was so mad...

Who, of course now wears Burgundy and Gold.

If wants to reprise that with a repeat performance or something similar against his old team....well...I won't complain much. :)

God Ram It Mike...nice job! the bar remains set at a high level. agree on the running angle.

Excellent piece Mike, the emotional attatchment in your writing is not only apparent and lively but also brings about the attitude of "I expect better, give me better" and I wholeheartedly agree. I happen to think that Rex should throw deep more often, defenses are going to start siting on our 10-15 yard throws if we don't air it out. Not saying the end result will always be a good thing but hell Brunell took more shots downfield. I agree we bring the wrecking crew into this game and show the rest of the NFL exactly what its like to go in and whoop someone like they not only stole your lunch money but kicked your dog, slapped your mama and got a parking ticket using your car.

Good job Mike. You capture the frustration of reality without letting go of the reigns of hope. :claps:

Good job Mike. You capture the frustration of reality without letting go of the reigns of hope. :claps:
Nice. Reads like a blog entry title.

Permission to use (with attribution of course)? :)

Hey Mike - you had an excellent analysis of what was needed to win and how it could be done. I really enjoyed reading it last week. The powers that be at BGO need to find you a formal role in this forum - your contributions are highly valued.

Hate to say it, but I agree on Rex. If he starts to stink up the joint against the Eagles, insert John Beck. With JB, you would have more mobility and fewer turnovers (read, atrocious mistakes). JB may not make as many plays at times, but with the RB corps getting better each game, he doesn't need to be an all-world QB.

Banks - eh, who knows what's going on there. Unless special teams really improves sometime soon, we should look for a new coach at that position in the offseason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.