• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Preview: Redskins at Rams

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For everything you ever wanted to know about Sunday's critical road game in St. Louis against the Rams, click HERE.

(Courtesy of the Washington Redskins)

The Rams are a average team that we should beat. If we come out and take care of business, I'll be a little closer to believing this "Special Team" stuff. IF we lose, I'll start another "Same ****, Different Year" thread

We certainly need to win this game. Of course, the Rams are probably thinking, "Thank God, it's just the Redskins. We should win this game, easy."

We've given them no reason to worry about us the last few times we faced them.

As far as I'm concerned, the Rams game is a dangerous one. It's going to come down to intensity and motivation, and the way I see it now, the Rams might have the edge in that department. Reasons being:

1. St. Louis is coming off a game where they were embarrassed in front of their home crowd during their home-opener vs. the Ravens. Additionally, they came into the season with much higher hopes, having lost out on a playoff spot in the final week last season. I think that 0-3 is the farthest thing that they expected to have happened early in the year and they will try their very best to get back on track and restore some faith among their home fans.

2. Meanwhile, in Washington, you have a team that expended a large amount of energy on Monday night in Dallas. We geared up for them, and we desperately wanted to beat them. Plain and simple, a rivalry game is one that you get amped up for a bit more than the rest and to have fallen short in that game as Shannahan stated, hurts. Now you walk into St. Louis and have to get motivated to beat a St. Louis team that is winless... A tougher challenge than it may appear to be.

As far as I'm concerned, the Rams game is a dangerous one. It's going to come down to intensity and motivation, and the way I see it now, the Rams might have the edge in that department. Reasons being:

1. St. Louis is coming off a game where they were embarrassed in front of their home crowd during their home-opener vs. the Ravens. Additionally, they came into the season with much higher hopes, having lost out on a playoff spot in the final week last season. I think that 0-3 is the farthest thing that they expected to have happened early in the year and they will try their very best to get back on track and restore some faith among their home fans.

2. Meanwhile, in Washington, you have a team that expended a large amount of energy on Monday night in Dallas. We geared up for them, and we desperately wanted to beat them. Plain and simple, a rivalry game is one that you get amped up for a bit more than the rest and to have fallen short in that game as Shannahan stated, hurts. Now you walk into St. Louis and have to get motivated to beat a St. Louis team that is winless... A tougher challenge than it may appear to be.

Point 2 is the reason I believe the Ravens lost to the Titans in week 2, the difference is they won their divisional game. But I believe they did expend a lot of energy to win it just like we did in our loss.

As for our game against the Rams, it is almost identical to last year. We are standing at a point in the season where we are coming off a disappointing loss at the end of the game. We were looking for an identity early in the season and looked to have a little potential have beaten a pre-season favorite and a close loss to another. Then we went into St. Louis and got handled by a rookie QB. I think the difference this year is that St. Louis is devastated by injuries. Their best DB is out leaving Walt Harris as their #1 CB. Their top WR is out and Sims Walker is not stepping up. Bradford seems lost out there more than he did in his rookie season.

Now, I just wrote a piece about how the Redskins like to perpetuate QB legends. If my theory is true, Bradford could come out and perform as he did last year, picking us apart.

I think it won't happen this weekend. The Rams defense is the worst in the league against the run. Unless they take a page from Jerry Jones and put some sort of moisture on the turf to cause us to slip all over the place, we should see our 1st 100 yard rusher of the season.

Just checked, and we get the game on FTA TV LIVE, but it's a 4am kick-off down here. I will have to set the DVD-R in case I miss any of it. That will make 50% of our games have been on Aussie TV.

One rams message board called us the worst team in the league and the rams were going to get an easy victory man how i hope the skins prove them wrong

Went to set the DVD-R to record the game early tomorrow morning, only to discover a scheduling change. Now, instead of Redskins v Rams, we get f***ing post-season baseball! Bastards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.