A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
    BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Army

Question Any Redskins Fans get a good night's sleep last night

Not me, did not sleep worth a darn! I even took night time cold medicine because I am fighting a cold. Kept having flash backs of 3rd and 21, I tell you these Redskins are not very healthy to watch!

Guess I am going to be a zombie at work today.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

Knew I wouldn't be able to sleep in my bed. Tried the living room lounge chair instead. Got about four hours in and that's it. Will need an afternoon nap - probably.
    0 0 0 0

The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

Turned the game off at halftime. 0330 comes early and I had a feeling my TV would be covered in spit at the end of the game
    0 0 0 0

Formerly known as ...............Sarge

BGObsessed
    Richmond Native, Resident of Jonesboro, GA
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Army Liberty

Visions of '3rd and 21' were dancing in my head all night, too, along with Rocca's botched snap and Romo's incredible talent for getting his hands on errant snaps.
    0 0 0 0

Being a fan of any sports team invariably brings more pain than pleasure.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Slept fine....was pretty much what I expected...a close battle. This team fights even when they aren't firing on all cylinders. I can live with that for now.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    VCU

I went to bed late, because I was reading posts and articles. but I'm not losing any sleep on account of the cowboys.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maryland

I went to sleep pissed off and surprisingly...I awoke pissed off! With all the adversity on the Cowboys side of the field with injuries and our secret agent Costa this should not have been close...
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Indiana

I didn't have much trouble sleeping last night. The loss was disappointing but not devastating. I'll explain why.

I never posted in the "Predict the Score" thread because, as has been mentioned, I'm a "by the numbers" guy. I ran through several metrics and statistical analyses to get a handle on the game and they all came up with the similar results.

Toss-up.

Statistically this game was virtually impossible to predict in terms of one team having a distinct advantage over the other sufficient to warrant a justifiable point spread of more than 1.5. This game was going to be determined, as it was, by fewest mistakes on the field.

We made more of them. We lost.

That's why I, while disappointed, am not all that surprised-I had no way to justify an expectation in either direction. I thought we could pull it off but that decision was made based on what I perceived as advantages in immeasureables and thus subject to a lot of unceretainty.
    0 0 0 0

I'm giving it a 2-4 year window. Looking for improvement in all areas. Redskins, you're on the clock.

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by servumtuum View Post
    I didn't have much trouble sleeping last night. The loss was disappointing but not devastating.
    This. Took about a half hour to get the ole heart rate down to normal. Then off to bed, 5 minutes to fall asleep, got my 4. I'm good to go.
    0 0 0 0

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Didn't sleep well at all. Get in the office and this jerk comes in and gets talking to me about the game. I was still pissed and came close to telling him to stfu.

For life of me I can't understand why teams don't use backup QB as holder versus the punter.
    0 0 0 0

BGO Survivor Champ 2015

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I slept just fine. I'm numb to the pain of losing these days. We've seen this movie play out this way for the better part of the last 20 years of Redskins football. The writing was on the way early in the fourth quarter. I believe our offense had 7 offensive plays in the two drives following our TD to take the lead. We kept on giving the ball back to Dallas and depended on our defense to shut the door. When you can't score points and put the final nail in the coffin, bad things usually happen. We played with fire and got burned.

Sadly, I expect games to turn out the way they did last night these days. That, I believe, is the single most frustrating part of being a Redskins fan.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

several metrics and statistical analyses
    I have no idea what the hell that means. I slept just fine last night (thanks to my old friend Johnny Black)...but I'll probably be up all night tonite trying to figure out your math stuff.
    0 0 0 0

HTTR

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was pissed...had to read a book on cryptographic functions I knew would put me to sleep!!!!!!

here's what I'm fighting: in past years when this team dived...I was outta the house sometimes by the middle of the second qtr and playin golf to work out frustration. don't think that will happen this year. this is a better team. just missing a few ingredients.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ax View Post
    This. Took about a half hour to get the ole heart rate down to normal. Then off to bed, 5 minutes to fall asleep, got my 4. I'm good to go.
    4?!!!!!! brother Ax...if that drives the humor I'm down with it! but man...that's not good in the long-run. trust me.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

I didn't have much trouble sleeping last night. The loss was disappointing but not devastating. I'll explain why.

I never posted in the "Predict the Score" thread because, as has been mentioned, I'm a "by the numbers" guy. I ran through several metrics and statistical analyses to get a handle on the game and they all came up with the similar results.

Toss-up.

Statistically this game was virtually impossible to predict in terms of one team having a distinct advantage over the other sufficient to warrant a justifiable point spread of more than 1.5. This game was going to be determined, as it was, by fewest mistakes on the field.

We made more of them. We lost.

That's why I, while disappointed, am not all that surprised-I had no way to justify an expectation in either direction. I thought we could pull it off but that decision was made based on what I perceived as advantages in immeasureables and thus subject to a lot of unceretainty.
    That almost exactly describes my mind-set prior to this game. I believed (and still do) that we are a better team than the Cowboys. But I just couldn't get any kind of feeling going about what kind of game this would be. I'd never have predicted it would be as ugly, sloppy, and disjointed as it was.

I couldn't muster either a blog entry, or a score prediction.

Interestingly enough, my 'Performance Anxiety' entry is equally appropos after a tough loss. We're Redskins fans. We overreact on a mass scale. One game does not a litmus test make.
    0 0 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

You ain't bonafide