• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

cheers and jeers?

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
Cheers- Kerrigan, this kid is our best play maker, he is always around the ball, has a knack for turnovers and is just a beast. I am gonna take flack but hes been playing better than Rak, he has a more varied skillset and is my new favourite redskin.

Landry- he looked pretty good for a guy who hasnt played in forever, yeah he whiffed a couple but he also made some saving type plays.

Hightower and Helu, these guys are only gonna get better as we get better Olinemen and as we get better in the system.

Wilson- its nice to have a real corner who plays real football.

Rak- im torn on him, I want so badly for the light to come on because he is pretty good right now as it is,but he could be so much better.

Carriker- looks in way better shape, and he was smashing guys around, but he needs to shed block better , on third and very long, you dont engage you shed.

Jeers- Hall, nothing pisses me off more than stupid play and the last drive when all Hall had to do was play smart football and contain a guy on third and a bus ride, Hall tries to jump a route, gets caught on a double move and burned, so very typical of hall.

the Oline- no push in the run game at all, on several plays they were just flat smashed, we got lucky on a few non calls as williams should never be left on ware one on one, Brown not only went procedure on one play but on another he just flat out missed spencer who came free and just about killed rex. chester sometimes looks like he cant block his own shadow, traps and stretch plays were the only thing that worked and then only sporadically. screens looked nice though.

Rex- you know, he makes one play that maybe 3 qbs in the NFL are capable of making, then he runs and doesnt secure the ball, he makes a great read and fits the ball in, then throws a stupid pass that arrrrrgh nuff said.

Haslett-Yes I am going to take flack, but in the third Q why the hell did we suddenly start backing off? we held the pies early with some great blitzes and aggressive downhill play, we backed off Romo gained some confidence DESPITE SEVERAL BAD SNAPS THAT HAD WE HAD A BLITZ ON WE MIGHT HAVE FALLEN ON., then we start blitzing again in the 4th but not until after they were marching? we are still not a great team, we dont get pressure without blitzing, we do not have the luxury of getting pressure with 3 the way the steelers do sometimes. I noticed too that those bad snaps all came when we loaded the line and Romo had to audible protections.

the refs- they were bad both ways, on one play williams tackled Ware lol, on others the Cowboys tackles were abusing rak (on one play the LT had his jersey from the back and was stretching it ffs no call) the defenceless receiver call was terrible as was one play where newman mugged armstrong 20 yards down the field.

I am trying to decide if I should be upset that we lost a winnable game, or happy that we seem to be improving and are a young team with nothing but upside, I just hate losing to these buttheads so much lol

Cheers

Ganoe

Jeers

Kyle Shanny - Play calling sucked
Rex Grossman - Displayed every terrible habit fansince has described about him. Couldn't outrun my 77yr old momma.
Special teams - Rocca still punting his ass off, but a muffed hold gives him an "F" for the night. Return game? What return game?
Haslett, and every player on defense - You lost to the Keystone Cops. A group led by an injured overrated QB, injured high school quality WR's, injured below average RB's, and a Swiss cheese OLine.
Carlos, er um, Josh Wilson - catch the ****in ball
Equipment man - Unless Jerrah had the field treated with motor oil, you did a lousy job of selecting the right shoes

This was a game presented to us on a silver platter.

We put a bow on it, and gave it back. Now we fans have to endure the mouths of Inbred Nation for the foreseeable future. Thanks for that.

No really, thanks.

Just because he gets so much abuse.

:cheers: to Gano who made 3 fgs including a fifty yarder and his kickoffs including his directional ones were outstanding.

Cheers- Kerrigan, this kid is our best play maker, he is always around the ball, has a knack for turnovers and is just a beast. I am gonna take flack but hes been playing better than Rak, he has a more varied skillset and is my new favourite redskin.

Landry- he looked pretty good for a guy who hasnt played in forever, yeah he whiffed a couple but he also made some saving type plays.

Hightower and Helu, these guys are only gonna get better as we get better Olinemen and as we get better in the system.

Wilson- its nice to have a real corner who plays real football.

Rak- im torn on him, I want so badly for the light to come on because he is pretty good right now as it is,but he could be so much better.

Carriker- looks in way better shape, and he was smashing guys around, but he needs to shed block better , on third and very long, you dont engage you shed.

Jeers- Hall, nothing pisses me off more than stupid play and the last drive when all Hall had to do was play smart football and contain a guy on third and a bus ride, Hall tries to jump a route, gets caught on a double move and burned, so very typical of hall.

the Oline- no push in the run game at all, on several plays they were just flat smashed, we got lucky on a few non calls as williams should never be left on ware one on one, Brown not only went procedure on one play but on another he just flat out missed spencer who came free and just about killed rex. chester sometimes looks like he cant block his own shadow, traps and stretch plays were the only thing that worked and then only sporadically. screens looked nice though.

Rex- you know, he makes one play that maybe 3 qbs in the NFL are capable of making, then he runs and doesnt secure the ball, he makes a great read and fits the ball in, then throws a stupid pass that arrrrrgh nuff said.

Haslett-Yes I am going to take flack, but in the third Q why the hell did we suddenly start backing off? we held the pies early with some great blitzes and aggressive downhill play, we backed off Romo gained some confidence DESPITE SEVERAL BAD SNAPS THAT HAD WE HAD A BLITZ ON WE MIGHT HAVE FALLEN ON., then we start blitzing again in the 4th but not until after they were marching? we are still not a great team, we dont get pressure without blitzing, we do not have the luxury of getting pressure with 3 the way the steelers do sometimes. I noticed too that those bad snaps all came when we loaded the line and Romo had to audible protections.

the refs- they were bad both ways, on one play williams tackled Ware lol, on others the Cowboys tackles were abusing rak (on one play the LT had his jersey from the back and was stretching it ffs no call) the defenceless receiver call was terrible as was one play where newman mugged armstrong 20 yards down the field.

I am trying to decide if I should be upset that we lost a winnable game, or happy that we seem to be improving and are a young team with nothing but upside, I just hate losing to these buttheads so much lol

Pretty good analysis, Ryman.

The paragraph in bold sums things up very well for me. I'm in the "Hey, we lost one but we're still getting noticeably better than we were" mode. I'll probably be there until further notice.

serv: yup!

I was really frustrated and angry last night. heck I knew the game was over with about 5 mins to go and turned the TV off. Logged into the chat room and read about the inevitable unfolding.

but today is another day. this will take time....but I have confidence that we are gonna be watchng a playoff team next year. assuming, of course, that we finally find a playoff caliber QB...... :) ......

I have little problem with any players last night....not mad at DHall---he is what he is. Rex I'm not real pleased with---man looked like the game was moving too fast for him last night. First time I've really seen that this year. Not a good sign. Thinking here is unless he has a strong game and leads us to 3-1 over the Lambs next week, we might be looking at Beck after the bye.

Jeers for me last night are for Kyle Shahanan mostly, and Jim Haslett to a lesser degree.

Kyle called a weird game. Seemed to be outguessed by Jeremiah Ryan on almost every big play. No discernible adjustments, not much creativity, and a continuation of the same red zone blahs (uninspired, predictable, etc.) we've seen with regularity. Maybe he's limited by Rex's inability to roll out and make plays on the move, but that can't be an excuse. Just didn't seem Kyle called a very strong game.

Haslett, unfortunately, is going to be remembered solely for 3rd-and-21. The rest of the night, and holding a team w/o a TD, is largely going to be forgotten. And perhaps fairly so. The blitz we ran on 3rd and 21 was a disaster. Unnecessarily risky, and telegraphed. Arguably the decision that cost the game. Maybe not, but the argument could be made. Almost struck me as an arrogant, testosterone-fueled call in the heat of the moment. Contending teams can't afford that king of luxury in close games like that with as much on the line as we had last night.

Frustrated that this team was good enough to win and start the year 3-0....but allowed all the old bad habits to rise up and miss a truly golden opportunity.

And just shaking my head at the pure dumb luck that follows Tony Romo in regular season prime time games. All those bad snaps, all those loose balls....every single one of which seeks out and finds his or a teammate's hands as surely as a hungry baby finds it's mama's breast. In a past life, I think Tony was a nun.

Haslett, unfortunately, is going to be remembered solely for 3rd-and-21. The rest of the night, and holding a team w/o a TD, is largely going to be forgotten. And perhaps fairly so. The blitz we ran on 3rd and 21 was a disaster. Unnecessarily risky, and telegraphed. Arguably the decision that cost the game. Maybe not, but the argument could be made. Almost struck me as an arrogant, testosterone-fueled call in the heat of the moment. Contending teams can't afford that king of luxury in close games like that with as much on the line as we had last night.

Speaking of holding a team to no TDs;

I offer a cheer to the D for a truly magnificent goal line stand when Dallas was on our 2 yard line.

I also have one jeer, or something that's been nagging at me that hasn't been mentioned. I sense a problem with our run D. If a RB has a good game against us, well, that happens, but when two RBs, in this case Beanie Wells and Felix Jones-RBs from two different teams have good games in consecutive weeks I start getting a little concerned. We pretty much shut down the Giants run game and then Wells pops up and we seem unable to contain him and last night Felix Jones has one of his best games against us, well a little red flag is waving now in the back of my head.

What triggered it mostly is a visual impression-an always questionable source I admit-that both RBs had most of their success running to the right, in other words left side of our D. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong or just exhibiting selective memory here but if what I'm remembering is accurate that's a cause for concern I would think.

Definitely a concern, serv. Our run fits are dangerously inconsistent. Seems on 9 of 10 runs we're in position and sound. It's that other 10% that's been killing us. When we get one guy out of position, or blocked, speedier backs are finding seams and finding no one at the second level to even have to avoid.

It's something Haslett is going to have to burn the midnight oil getting right. Not so worried about the Rams, but the idea of facing Philly and all that speed ... shudder.

Not really into the "cheers and jeers" thing today. The team didn't play great, but they didn't play badly either. Of course there were some boneheaded things that went down, like they do for every team in every game. Since my prediction for the team was 6-10 anyway, I'm not so bunged up about the stupid stuff. Let's see how things go next week. If we don't handle the Rams convincingly, then we may be in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes after all

Cheers: Ryman pretty much nailed it, although I have a couple more to add (and I agree about Kerrigan, love him. Gonna get his jersey for sure) -

Moss - we are watching the transformation of Moss into a #1 WR this season. He's making the big plays when we need a big play (2 4th down conversions in the last 2 weeks, a couple big 3rd down catches last night), and has been way more reliable than I ever remember him being before. Other than the dropped TD against the Giants, I can't think of one other screw up. He's also blocking well in the run game.

Fletcher - he made a bad play for the first time since...ever? in a Redskins uniform, but outside of that he was stellar. He is just a joy to watch play football; I hope he plays for us until he's 40.

Rocky - he's proving everyone that said he couldn't play ILB in the 3-4 wrong. He is a beast out there, and tied Fletcher with 7 tackles last night.

Landry - he deserves all the cheers we can give him. Dude is a MAN.

Jeers:
Again, Ryman did a great job with the Jeers. I'd like to add a couple more:

Kyle Shanahan: Freddy Davis has been killing teams all season, and he gets 2 targets last night? 3? Inexcusable. There is no way you can tell me their banged up crappy secondary could cover Moss, Gaffney AND Davis. Absolutely no way. Mind-boggling that Davis did not get the ball over and over and over. Redzone playcalling was putrid - I had that typical "sinking" feeling as soon as Kyle called that ridiculous gadget play for Moss - WTF? Did Zorn hack into the communication system for that playcall?

The field: not sure what was going on, but it looked like they held the Texas State Oil Wrestling Championships Monday afternoon before the game. I've never seen a slipperier field than that one! Ridiculous. I suppose the equipment managers get a jeer for this one, for not having longer cleats ready.

[Kyle Shanahan: Freddy Davis has been killing teams all season, and he gets 2 targets last night? 3? Inexcusable. There is no way you can tell me their banged up crappy secondary could cover Moss, Gaffney AND Davis. Absolutely no way. Mind-boggling that Davis did not get the ball over and over and over. Redzone playcalling was putrid - I had that typical "sinking" feeling as soon as Kyle called that ridiculous gadget play for Moss - WTF? Did Zorn hack into the communication system for that playcall?

This is in the back of my mind as well, since Klye is the heir apparent. Should have exploited the secondary A LOT MORE

Kinda worrisome actually

As it should be. You're only as good as your weakest moment.

I posted this in the other thread, but:
Everybody on Hall for that play needs a reality check. It was an all out blitz. The blitz has to gt there. No CB can cover a good WR alone for any period of time. While some may get on Hall, the failure was everyone blitzing. Hall should be able to jump the come back or play for the shorter route because there shouldn't be time to go long. Hall played the defense called as he was ready to jump the hot route.

Now the comments...they are bone headed comments of a frustrated competetor who probably thinks everyone in the media will be trying to serve him crow (kind of like this thread).

Note though without the one play how badly did Hall cover Bryant? Maybe he belongs on the cheers list?

I was torn on the punter. His punts were fantastic, but the botched hold cost us 3 points in a game we lost by 2.

Oddly, I don't have too many jeers. The OL and Rex played the worst they've played all season, but jeers? Na. We played an away game against an inspired division foe who took every body blow we could give them. At the end, they got protection and completed a long pass. I think we take that game 2 out of 3 times, and saying that is a testiment to how far we've come. It was a great teaching game. If the Skins win on Sunday, it can be passed off as a teachable moment.

We played an away game against an inspired division foe who took every body blow we could give them. At the end, they got protection and completed a long pass. I think we take that game 2 out of 3 times, and saying that is a testiment to how far we've come. It was a great teaching game. If the Skins win on Sunday, it can be passed off as a teachable moment.

Now this part of this paragraph I can recognize as being an arguably valid perspective. I can't stand 'em but the Cowburps are not a crappy team-thay ain't the Chiefs-healthy I can see them as being troublesome for just about anyone. Romo's a punk but the guy can play.

I won't go into the jeers and cheers thing either except one, which is more of a fan's perspective.

Cheers:
The fact that this time last year or even the year before, I would have been giving up on the game when I saw those bounces of Romos go his way. I would have been convinced it was going to be another Cowboys-Redskins game where every bounce went their way and our team wasn't going to play a full 60 minutes.

At no time did I really give up the chance of us winning until the last fumble by Rex when all the boyz had to do was kneel. It's kindof a nice feeling to know that you have the makings of a team that really will play an entire 60 minutes.

I totally agree with some of the jeers for the coaching staff at times; not sure what the playcalling was when we were in the red zone. Our D holding them to only touchdowns has to say something regardless of the outcome. Especially when they were down on the 2 yd line and did not get in for a TD.

As far as DHall, I'll be honest.. I have been hot and cold on him but for the most part I have felt that he was an asset. What has gone on this week and the discussions about him have opened my eyes a bit to him. And what I've seen is very disconcerting. We really don't need players who are going to give teams even more motivation to come for us. And that is exactly what he did. That's REGARDLESS of whether he plays up to par. That was disappointing to me.

Cheers: FIrst time I was in the chat room for a game and really enjoyed it. Hope to join you for more.

The biggest problem I have with Hall is his mouth. He needs to shut the hell up.

Other than that, crap happens.

Ryman got it pretty well in his original post, and good call on Moss, Lanky. I've never thought of him as a true #1 but he seems to be fitting that role very well this year.

He's a loud mouth - but listening to the audio of him after the game, I really didn't think it was that big a deal. I have a bigger issue with him creating distractions (before or after games) than with what he has actually said during his career.

He's a lot like Portis. He doesn't mean any harm by it, but he's not smart about what he does and doesn't say, and he's genetically incapable of keeping his trap shut.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.