• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2011 College Football Thread

watched Griffin III in the Baylor/Mizzo game. Definite potential......not as stocky as Newton. Seems to have all the passes.

Exactly the kind of game I expected. But I couldn't figure out why Bama didn't run more. Can't throw a game-changing INT while pounding the rock.

And yeah, poor kid had the shanks last night. The OT kick was inaccurate w/ not enough leg!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Poor kid is right. Saban shoulda stopped going to him after a while. Poor guy will live with that the rest of his life, and the coach shoulda stopped after the first two, imo.

Poor kid is right. Saban shoulda stopped going to him after a while. Poor guy will live with that the rest of his life, and the coach shoulda stopped after the first two, imo.

Well, they did stop. After Foster missed the first two, they sent in Shelley the "short-distance" kicker to attempt the 3rd field goal, and it was blocked. They didn't have much choice - especially after he came back in made a 46-yarder in the 3rd quarter.

Bottom line: when it really mattered, the LSU defense & special teams stepped up and made the big play.

Instead of 1st and goal on the 2, Reid stripped the ball and got a turnover. Then Brad Wing nailed a 73-yard punt from behind his goal line to put the Tide on their own 20!! Amazing. Then, the sack in OT. LSU stepped up when it counted, and this is why they will win the whole shebang.

Pretty damned close, Lanky, good call. Hell of a defensive battle. I have to say, I thought overall, Bama's defense looked better to me, but LSU made some big plays. Can't believe Bama missed 4 FGs either, actually feel badly for that kid. That's a long walk back home.

What do you want to bet Saban has a kicker on scholarship, a la Bowden and Janikowski, real soon?

Coach Paterno was fired moments ago. Don't like this at all. Don't agree with it either. One idiot has destroyed the lives of many.

I just don't know BB, I gotta take the side of the trustees on this one if the current story has any validity. While not illegal, it appears that Joe Pa is complicit in some way. The actions of Sandusky are not Paterno's fault, but the hint of impropriety, by omission, has ruined Paterno's legacy.

I wish he had retired after Bobby Bowden did.

Yep, El nailed it, imo. This is a disaster, and JoePa royally effed up. JoePa knew what was going on and did not take nearly strong enough sction to put a stop to it. The President also was let go, as it should be.

Just disgraceful.

Coach Paterno was fired moments ago. Don't like this at all. Don't agree with it either. One idiot has destroyed the lives of many.

Really? Did you read the grand jury testimony? JoPa will probably be lucky not to do time. And frankly, if he helped to keep a child molestor around campus or covered up for him in any way, he should spend the rest of his days in the slam

Really? Did you read the grand jury testimony? JoPa will probably be lucky not to do time. And frankly, if he helped to keep a child molestor around campus or covered up for him in any way, he should spend the rest of his days in the slam
Agreed. And the SOB that saw the shower scene, and did nothing, should consider self termination. How the **** can he look himself in the mirror?

That's the thing I don't get...how did he not haul Sandusky out of the damn shower, beat the **** out of him and then call the cops, all BEFORE telling Paterno? Seriously.

I catch my best friend doing that and first I put a hard stop to it, then I call the cops. I just don't get it.

There is no excuse Neo.

These men have no conscious.

Sar-devil should be put to death, yesterday.

McGutless will probably kill himself, now that everybody knows just how gutless, and IMO, criminally responsible he was/is.

Paterno, McGutless's dad, the AD, and everybody else who knew, and did nothing, and they all did nothing, should go to jail.

The team should be allowed to finish this season, and then be banned from playing for a couple seasons.

The team should be allowed to finish this season, and then be banned from playing for a couple seasons.

This is too far, Ax. The current players knew nothing and were in no way involved. No reason to penalize them. Get the folks who knew and did nothing, then leave it alone.

The worst part out of all of this is that McQueary not only kept his job, but will be on the sidelines Saturday. Amazing.

This is too far, Ax. The current players knew nothing and were in no way involved. No reason to penalize them. Get the folks who knew and did nothing, then leave it alone.

I don't think so. One of the reasons this was covered up was to protect the "reputation" of the university and the football program. More is going to come out of this, and I don't think a few years of bannishment from football is nearly enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

There should be a middle ground, maybe put the program on the death penalty, but allow the current players to transfer to another program so they can move on with their lives.

There should be a middle ground, maybe put the program on the death penalty, but allow the current players to transfer to another program so they can move on with their lives.

I can live with helping the current players get into a similiar school. The rest of the perverts and enablers should be put away

I just don't know BB, I gotta take the side of the trustees on this one if the current story has any validity. While not illegal, it appears that Joe Pa is complicit in some way. The actions of Sandusky are not Paterno's fault, but the hint of impropriety, by omission, has ruined Paterno's legacy.

I wish he had retired after Bobby Bowden did.
Yep, El nailed it, imo. This is a disaster, and JoePa royally effed up. JoePa knew what was going on and did not take nearly strong enough sction to put a stop to it. The President also was let go, as it should be.

Just disgraceful.
Agreed. And the SOB that saw the shower scene, and did nothing, should consider self termination. How the **** can he look himself in the mirror?
That's the thing I don't get...how did he not haul Sandusky out of the damn shower, beat the **** out of him and then call the cops, all BEFORE telling Paterno? Seriously.

I catch my best friend doing that and first I put a hard stop to it, then I call the cops. I just don't get it.
There is no excuse Neo.

These men have no conscious.

Sar-devil should be put to death, yesterday.

McGutless will probably kill himself, now that everybody knows just how gutless, and IMO, criminally responsible he was/is.

Paterno, McGutless's dad, the AD, and everybody else who knew, and did nothing, and they all did nothing, should go to jail.

I stand by my earlier post. Just take the time to read this...

http://www.thepostgame.com/commenta...s-lawyer-board-made-wrong-call-firing-paterno

I'm an educator and coach. It's been a while since those days of teaching and coaching. Talked with my mother (retired principal) a couple of days ago and we had the same perspective. Don't misunderstand - we are very concerned about the victims and hope they can deal with this and fully heal.

The number of abused will probably skyrocket into the hundreds, but those who are to blame - and only those who are to blame - should be fully prosecuted and found guilty of breaking the law. If you thought you have seen things that are shocking in this scandal, stay tuned. But watch as Coach Paterno will be fully exonerated. Just watch.

Just take the time to read this...

....But watch as Coach Paterno will be fully exonerated. Just watch.
I read it BB, but I too stand by posts.

Now, if what we think we know so far turns out to be false, then there's a chance they got it wrong.

But as we know it right now, Paterno allowed a child predator to remain active, knowing, at the very least, that he was a weird mother****er who liked little boys. I don't know how it could be seen any other way. There will be more heads rolling in the coming weeks and months. Paterno's is a good, and necessary start.

I don't wish to put words in your mouth, so I'll ask.
Do you also find McGutless innocent in this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.