• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Brian Orakpo: LaRon Landry’s return ‘like ketchup on a burger’

Sarge

Here's hoping the injury bug stays away for the rest of the season

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...p-on-a-burger/2011/09/21/gIQA6xtmlK_blog.html

Washington Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo says the return of strong safety LaRon Landry would make an already strong defensive unit that much better.

“Just another playmaker out there,” Orakpo says of a Redskins’ defense that ranks 11th in the NFL in total defense through two weeks and has given up the sixth-fewest points in the league. “We’ve obviously been doing a good job out there. We’ve obviously been doing well so far. But it just adds another playmaker. It’s like ketchup on a burger. We’ll be excited if he’s able to go. We’ll be excited to have him out there.”

Our D is looking pretty good this year without him, hopefully Rak is right. I will also point out that the vaunted Eagles D just gave up double the points to the GMen that we did .

I just hope he pays attention to Shanny's advice and keeps it at say 85-90% rather than go full out and try to make up for lost time.

He will be needed for the full season and I'd hate to lose him again. Even if he throttles back just a bit he's still a major problem for opposing offenses.

I worry that his exuberance might get us a flag or two. They're already gonna be watching us because of D-Hall stating the obvious, out loud.

Ax.....two things.

I saw an incredible stat on D Hall this weekend:

In 10 years, he has registered exactly 1 1/2 career sacks. So it doesn't even matter where's he's aiming, because he never sacks anyone. And I love D Hall, but let's be real. He shouldn't have said that stuff.

2. This may be getting a little ahead of ourselves, but an "insider" from the other site is now saying it is "very unlikely" that we try to sign Landry again after this season. He believes he will want too much money, and that he has "off-the-field attitude concerns" that the coaching staff isn't enamored with.

Ax.....two things.

I saw an incredible stat on D Hall this weekend:

In 10 years, he has registered exactly 1 1/2 career sacks. So it doesn't even matter where's he's aiming, because he never sacks anyone. And I love D Hall, but let's be real. He shouldn't have said that stuff.
Me knows. His comment will make it easier to call a penalty on someone like Landry, who already has a tendency for borderline late hits, and is coming off an injury looking to make a mark. That's the only reason I mentioned Hall.

2. This may be getting a little ahead of ourselves, but an "insider" from the other site is now saying it is "very unlikely" that we try to sign Landry again after this season. He believes he will want too much money, and that he has "off-the-field attitude concerns" that the coaching staff isn't enamored with.
Wouldn't surprise me, at all.

Hall said what every good player is thinking. Yeah, it isnt the nice guy thing to say you are giong to aim for someone's ribs but when you smell blood in the water you go for it. and I feel NO pity for Romo.

No disagreement here, but Hall acting like he ever sacks any QB is like the worst batter on a baseball team saying he's going to hit three homeruns. It's absurd.

All it does is give board material to the other team, and gets the refs ready to throw flags where they might have otherwise not.

Of course, what would be great would be when D-Hall gets his second pick tonight, if Rhomo was at about the three yard line, and was the only thing between Hall and the endzone.

Note to Hall: Aim for the ribs.
(And hang on to the ball)

I wonder if he'll feel anything through that body armor he's wearing?

Meh..maybe it'll interfere with his ability to get away from Rak, Kerrigan, McIntosh, and/or Nield.

Or whoever else might be able to plant his keester on the ground.

Tee-hee...

I wonder if he'll feel anything through that body armor he's wearing?

Meh..maybe it'll interfere with his ability to get away from Rak, Kerrigan, McIntosh, and/or Nield.

Or whoever else might be able to plant his keester on the ground.

Tee-hee...
I remember reading that the protective vest weighs about 10 pounds. This should definitely slow down Romo. A major feature of his game is his mobility. Ever try running around with an extra 10 pounds?

I don't care about the road, I don't care about the crowd, I don't care about bulletin board material, I don't care about the legend of Tony Romo. I don't care about any of it.

Better teams find a way to win.

Tonight - I want us to be the better team.

Make it happen.

LaRon is going to play - going to start. Just have a funny feeling that it won't last too long. Hope I'm wrong - would love to see him play to his best capabilities.

LaRon certainly was the ketchup on the burger last night....and the cave-aged cheddar, sauteed mushrooms & foie gras to boot. So good to have him back!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.