• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

This might be my least favorite Eagles team of the Reid Era.

Matt

I think I only like one player on the team.

Wow. They are hard to watch.

They'll get better, but the media fawning was misplaced. LeSean McCoy is ridiculous this year, and if Vick ever starts clicking with the offense, they will score some points. I really don't see them making a lot of noise in the playoffs if they make it there, but I think they've got a decent shot of making it.

Their swagger is outpacing their performance, more bark than bite right now. Also, I don't see how Vick makes it through the season.

Clearly he won't, as he now has a broken hand. He will possibly play next week, but something's off anyway. Since he destroyed us last year in the MNF game, Vick has been controlled by just about everyone. Which show again how poor a coach Reid is, really. He had an entire off season to redesign the offense around Vick and hasn't done so.

Can't agree on Reid - he's an excellent coach and done nothing but build Eagles teams that have mostly dominated the NFC East for a decade. And he did it with Donovan McNabb behind center. If Vick were able to stay healthy, I suspect he and the Eagles might make plenty of noise over the course of this season.

Way too early to pronounce the Eagles done.

Reid is a good GM/Motivator, but his game day decisions are curious, and his clock management skills are non-existent. I have a Eagles fan friend who laughed at me when we all got so frustrated with Gibbs when he came back for the poor TO decisions and end of half game play calls. He said they had been living with that with Reid for years. Don't get me wrong, I would take Reid over Zorn or Spurrier, but I don't think he is as great as ESPN wants people to believe.

I always felt that Philly's offensive success had more to do with Brian Westbrook than it did McNabb.

Reid is a brilliant OC and Qb coach, he has flaws in game management, roster management and those sorts of things. however he knows how to hide flaws and how to attack defences as well as any coach out there. I doubt that the eagles troubles come from his coaching.

Reid is a brilliant OC and Qb coach, he has flaws in game management, roster management and those sorts of things. however he knows how to hide flaws and how to attack defences as well as any coach out there. I doubt that the eagles troubles come from his coaching.

Theres a difference in being a good offensive mind and a head coach. The two do not correlate.

If you go back all the way to 1999 and watch Reid's first season as head coach you will see some of the exact same mistakes he is making today. He can't manage timeouts and his playcalling is baffling in certain situations. It's like when the heat is on his brain completely turns off.

He's been a head coach for 11 years and still doesn't have a feel for the flow of the game. He's been successful but he will always be outcoached by people like Belichek, Payton, etc. Hes just not on their level. He cannot overcome his flaws.

I respect him but Reid is what he is. A great offensive mind who loses it under pressure.

And for the record I don't think the Eagles are done, yet. This is the story of the Andy Reid Eagles. Slow starts and strong finishes. But this year has been particularly hard to watch. They look sloppy, inconsistent and unmotivated.

And Juan Castillo is in over his head.

I always felt that Philly's offensive success had more to do with Brian Westbrook than it did McNabb.

The one thing Reid has always been good at is developing quarterbacks and hiding their flaws.

It's just ****ty that McNabb was also small time in big situations. I think if Reid had a quarterback with any sort of moxie he probably would win it all. A good QB could overcome Reid's incompetence. He's just always been hooked up with other chokers.

And in the case of Vick he can't even stay on the field.

One more thing, and I know it won't go away, but the "Dream Team" stuff is nothing more than a mere annoyance. One guy shoots off at the mouth and then it gets attributed to the entire team. Which by the way, never happened.

They don't suck because they're too arrogant. They suck because they're just not very good in a lot of areas.

Fare thee well Eagles fans. Fare thee well. The Dream Team is laying a huge, cracked, and rotten EagleEgg tonight against the SeaChickens.

They had a chance to make a comeback and as the saying goes - Vince Young happens.

The dream died tonight in the Pacific Northwest.

We still love ya Matt and our Redskins are pathetic too. Misery loves company, eh?

Fare thee well Eagles fans. Fare thee well. The Dream Team is laying a huge, cracked, and rotten EagleEgg tonight against the SeaChickens.

They had a chance to make a comeback and as the saying goes - Vince Young happens.

The dream died tonight in the Pacific Northwest.

We still love ya Matt and our Redskins are pathetic too. Misery loves company, eh?

Company ? The Eagles may well be worse than the Skins, and could stand a-bottom the NFC East all alone. :laugh:

Nice look here at what happened to Philly.

The Dream Team is dead. When David Hawthorne ran Vince Young's third interception back to the end zone for a 77-yard touchdown, the Seahawks put the finishing touches on a 31-14 victory that essentially knocked the Eagles out of playoff contention. It stamped a firm failure upon the lofty expectations created by Philadelphia's offseason signing spree, and unless Andy Reid can find a reset button on the 2011 season somewhere inside the NFL offices, the people who created and abetted the NFL's biggest disappointments are likely to pay for the failure with their jobs.

Of course, while Young was the one calling his new franchise a Dream Team, other people were matching his giddy optimism about the 2011 Eagles. Namely, us. (Sorry, Andy.) While we had a few reservations about the Eagles, their quick-strike offense and deep defense led us to make them the favorites to win the NFC. And oh, were we wrong.

But what exactly happened to the Eagles? Sure, it's easy to wrap some explanation around egos and lack of grit or whatever other old-man football clichés fit into sound bites, but what were the tangible aspects of Philadelphia's plan for winning a Super Bowl that didn't come through? With the dream in pieces on the ground, it's time to write the obituary for this Philadelphia Eagles team. There are five key concepts that the Eagles struggled with in 2011, and while some of them will self-correct, whoever is left in the Philadelphia organization will need to address the rest of them this offseason in building the next Dream Team.

Problem 1: Serious Deficiencies on Both Sides of the Line

It's easy to get caught up in fantastic skill-position players and forget to recognize the key roles played by the guys in the trenches. In many of their losses this season, the Eagles have been dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, including their loss to the Seahawks last night. And while the Eagles didn't totally ignore their line situation during the offseason, the changes they made and the excuses on offer for possible weaknesses simply failed to hold up.

After starting 10 different offensive linemen during the 2010 season, the Eagles rightly expected to have a healthier season up front with a system that featured a lot of depth to go alongside star left tackle Jason Peters. Although they let go of middling veterans like Nick Cole and Mike McGlynn, they drafted 26-year-old guard Danny Watkins out of Baylor in the first round and signed former Broncos tackle Ryan Harris to serve as a reliable pass protector on the right side of the line — Michael Vick's blind side. Despite a shortened training camp, the Eagles expected new offensive line coach Howard Mudd to mold an entire new side of an offensive line. And hey, if the offensive line sucks, Mike Vick can just scramble out of trouble anyway, right?

A Requiem for the Dream Team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.