• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Tech Issues Today

Typical support stuff.....vague, cryptic responses that don't get the job done. Still working on it. Hope to have everything back to normal by morning.

One thing we can assure you---if we aren't satisfied this doesn't happen again we'll be finding a new server very soon.

One thing we can assure you---if we aren't satisfied this doesn't happen again we'll be finding a new server very soon.

Now what fun would that be. Adversity is the spice of life.

Still not working completely for me :)

OK, this was funny yesterday, the majority of which I was on the road unable to do much here anyway. Now I'm back in my office for most of the day. Do you people really expect me to work? REALLY?

It is now morning. The site is still acting like a piece of Dallas Cowboys.

I know - using an expletive in such a way is stretching the rules.

:biggrin2:

Can you guys poke around a bit and see if you have any remaining issues. I'm on the phone with the host now and am told we should be back to normal.

Working fine. Thought about shutting the store down yesterday, so could go home and log in. Thankfully today everthing if good.

:cry:This is the first time I've been able to log in since yesterday:cry:

:cry:I'm so happy!!!:cry:

I still can't post anything.

:)

Actually, the place crashed right after I posted nude photos of Om, Boone, and a goat, taken years ago, of course, and thought I'd been mega-banned.

Now, if i could just find that thread.

Works fine. Seems good. Like the stability.

Don't jinx it anyone! :)

I miss that goat.

Actually, the place crashed right after I posted nude photos of Om, Boone, and a goat, taken years ago, of course, and thought I'd been mega-banned.

Now, if i could just find that thread.

Please don't. Not the kind of pron I was talking about earlier.

Please don't. Not the kind of pron I was talking about earlier.
No no, you got it all wrong. See, Om and Boone had just completed hand digging a well in a remote village to make sure the children would have fresh water. They had finished bathing and washing their clothes, and had hung the clothes out to dry, when this goat came along and started eating them. As Boone and Om began to chase it down, the National Geographic camera crew, there to document their good works, snapped the photo.

I'm shocked that a Christian man, like yourself, would so quickly allow his mind to go to the gutter.

So you all know ... we had a security breach issue. A "bot" managed to register and apparently sent out a ****load of spam messages. If you got one, apologies. The reason it took so long to get things back on line was, well, a tech at our host site who apparently was half asleep at the switch. They have apologized and assure us they're looking into it and we're good to go.

We've supposedly fumigated to their satisfaction again, but we are looking into additional measures we can take to keep this from happening again. Those damn bots learn fast and won't quit just because we ground this one under our heel.

We MAY have to at least temporarily ask you to run through the recaptcha screen when you log in to the site. Apparently that's a recommended bandaid. We really don't want to have to make our members do that, but if it's the best way to ensure the site remains open and bug-free it may be a burden we simply have to bear for a bit.

We're looking at other/better options, but wanted at least give you a heads up that we might have to make you all work for your BGO fix a little when you first log in for a while.

Bots. Sheesh. Think I may give a quick call to my man Del Spooner.

So you all know ... we had a security breach issue. A "bot" managed to register and apparently sent out a ****load of spam messages. If you got one, apologies. The reason it took so long to get things back on line was, well, a tech at our host site who apparently was half asleep at the switch. They have apologized and assure us they're looking into it and we're good to go.

We've supposedly fumigated to their satisfaction again, but we are looking into additional measures we can take to keep this from happening again. Those damn bots learn fast and won't quit just because we ground this one under our heel.

We MAY have to at least temporarily ask you to run through the recaptcha screen when you log in to the site. Apparently that's a recommended bandaid. We really don't want to have to make our members do that, but if it's the best way to ensure the site remains open and bug-free it may be a burden we simply have to bear for a bit.

We're looking at other/better options, but wanted at least give you a heads up that we might have to make you all work for your BGO fix a little when you first log in for a while.

Bots. Sheesh. Think I may give a quick call to my man Del Spooner.

Wait! How do we know this is not a Bot that hijacked our beloved Om's account and is trying to lure us into a link called recaptcha?

Quick! Tell us the name of the goat!

The goat's name was Recaptcha.

Geez, it's not like you have to carry it up the mountain every day and sing to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.