• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cowboys Vs. Redskins Predict The Score

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
We're playing in Dallas, and in prime time. Usually kryptonite, but I sense that we will keep bucking trends.

Romo is hurt, Austin is hurt, Bryant is hurt, so they will be slowed down. I don't think either team even has a slight opportunity to run away with it, but I expect a back and forth game that explodes in the 4th quarter.

My pick: 30-28 us. We win on a missed Dallas FG.

I may be nuts, but i'm going with 28 - 0
First shutout since 1991.

(i believe?)

I called 35-28 (good guys) in another thread; sticking with that.

13-7. Oh wait, that was last year!

Let me just say, I have no idea what to think. Romo with his fake injury (ala Ali's rope-a-dope) is going to have a 85% healthy, 100% motivated, Dez Bryant. Bryant gave us fits last year and I see him being healthy enough to come in here and do it again. Not to mention, they have tape on us. This is the first game where a team is going to have enough playing time against us and film time of our first few games this year to plan and be more prepared. Rex Ryan is going to unleash the pressure and Rex will have to adapt. I fear that Rex is going to lay an egg, but that could just me waiting for the bubble to burst.

I have a feeling we are going to win this game, but it could go either way.

Here's what I feel, not think...feel: I believe it is going to go one of two directions. We are either going to go out there and put it on them or they beat us in a close one. We have grown tremendously as a team, but have we really gotten over the hump? If we are hitting on all cylinders, Ryan Kerrigan getting pressure from his side of the field opens it up for Rak to get to Romo from the blind side. Romo goes down and Kitna proves that he's too old to get it done anymore.

If we can't get an injured Romo out of the game, we are in for the Dez/Romo show. The guy may not be able to win on the big stage, but he is trying to prove everyone wrong about not being able to win in Prime Time. This would be a great follow up to the game from last week to prove himself to the world. He's just so inconsistent, I hate the anticipation leading up to the game.

If our defense can knock them around, Rex will be able to make his mistakes and still get it done. If we don't get a lot of pressure on Romo and/or Kitna, it is going to be a long day for us.

Roy Helu's first 100 yard game? Hightower's?

Anyway, 24-10 Redskins win.

yup.

a guy who works as a statistician for the skins told me that 2 or 3 years ago.

sad isn't it?

yup.

a guy who works as a statistician for the skins told me that 2 or 3 years ago.

sad isn't it?

Very sad...I was curious, so I checked. The Redskins have BEEN shutout 5 times in that same span, including twice by the Cowboys (including 2003, in what might have been the worst game I've ever watched, and Spunky's low point (if you can identify a low point in Spunky's pro coaching career)):

12/11/1993 Jets
9/24/2001 Packers
12/14/2003 Cowboys
10/30/2005 Giants
12/27/2009 Cowboys

Cowdorks 34 Redskins 27.

Hate it, but it is hard to win down there.

If they Redskins want to show they're for real, they need to beat the Cowboys, injured or not.

27-23 Redskins.

Cowboys 26
Redskins 20

Personally, I still saw shades of the "old" Redskins popping up last week here and there vs. the Cards last week. Fortunately, we were able to overcome that. I think asking to pull out another win after battling back last week, and being on the road and going into Dallas where they are riding a bit of a high, is a bit too much too ask. I think we are a bit suspect on the back end of the defense and in the end will lose because of that.

Cowboys 26
Redskins 20

Personally, I still saw shades of the "old" Redskins popping up last week here and there vs. the Cards last week. Fortunately, we were able to overcome that. I think asking to pull out another win after battling back last week, and being on the road and going into Dallas where they are riding a bit of a high, is a bit too much too ask. I think we are a bit suspect on the back end of the defense and in the end will lose because of that.

I was thinking the same thing - then I remembered a quote from London Fletcher. He said in recent years they would have given up, but now they think they can win down to the final whistle. Part of the change in culture, I guess.

And don't forget, Rex had his best game as a Skin against Dallas on their home turf, with fewer weapons.

Cowboys have significant injury concerns (real & imaginary) at the offensive skill positions and in the defensive secondary.

Dallas 27 Washington 20

When things seem to good to be true, they usually are.

Oddly, I'd be more worried if Dallas was 0-2 right now.

Not that I'm not worried ... nothing is a given when we play the Cowboys.

BUT, if I were a dispassionate observer, unimpressed by talk of curses, bad mojo and the whims of the Football Gods, I'd say 24-7 Redskins. If this team has truly turned a corner we jump on them and step on their throat until they are dead.

Cowboys 26
Redskins 20

Good Point. Also, until we are consistent in the Red Zone, we are not going to be able to beat good teams. 27-16 Dallas. We get 3 field goals and 1 TD.

Dallas always gets a big play, 7 pts
Our offense and depleted secondary against their depleted offense is a wash at 7 pts. each
They get two FG's 6 pts.
Our teams account for good field position or a direct score enabling 7 pts.
Our front seven vs their OL gives us 7 pts.

Dallas 20
Skins 21

Landry, if he plays, is worth 3 pts

Dallas 20
Skins 24

Or thereabouts :bucktooth:

Dallas always gets a big play, 7 pts
Our offense and depleted secondary against their depleted offense is a wash at 7 pts. each
They get two FG's 6 pts.
Our teams account for good field position or a direct score enabling 7 pts.
Our front seven vs their OL gives us 7 pts.

Dallas 20
Skins 21

Landry, if he plays, is worth 3 pts

Dallas 20
Skins 24

Or thereabouts :bucktooth:
Landry will play, and he will end Tony Romo for a while.

When healthy the Cowboys have more talent than the Redskins at the skill positions. But with Romo, Austin and Jones all hobbled the Redskins should have the advantage and win this game.

Ware and Ratliff will do enough to keep it close.

Redskins 24, Cowboys 17.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.