• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Remember this play

fuji869

The Rookie
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
dexterdannywhite.jpg

:betterwink2:

Last edited:
Yup, Dex sure rang his clock that day :)

This is the best

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zFdD5v_nBg[/media]

I remember knocking out Danny White very well. I was at RFK that day.

I love this one. It may actually be my favorite win over Dallas period. Say what you want about Gibbs II, but I don't think it's coincidence that Dallas stopped owning us when Gibbs came back.

One thing that that video didn't mention was how well our defense played at the end. Sean Taylor blowing up Patrick Crayton was a huge play that probably saved the game.

In honor of Sean, I submit this game for consideration:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC4yelQlC5k[/media]

One thing that that video didn't mention was how well our defense played at the end. Sean Taylor blowing up Patrick Crayton was a huge play that probably saved the game.

ST's huge hit should have been a fumble, game over. But poor Walt Harris gets little to no recognition for his 4th-down shoestring tackle of Terry Glenn. If he gets by Walt, they might have scored or at least gotten into FG range.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLiKbVV288k&feature=related[/media]

Amazing how big Taylor figures in so many of the videos posted above. Just amazing. It's been what...nearly 4 years and I am sitting here watching them, shaking my head, trying not to tear up.

eh...you guys are too young. that Monday Night tackle of Ken Houston on Walt Garrison was other worldly. the drama was super intense!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLiKbVV288k&feature=related[/media]
Around the goalpost in the endzone where Monk scored was a burgundy wrap displaying the vertical word "REDSKINS". Was this common practice in that era? Did the visiting team always have their endzone goal post so decorated?

Last edited:
eh...you guys are too young. that Monday Night tackle of Ken Houston on Walt Garrison was other worldly. the drama was super intense!

I am old enough to remember watching that play. Had to be one of the all time greatest tackles.

I tell you though, Mike, I'm as big a Sean Taylor fan as the next guy. But, as good as we all believe he would have eventually become, and based solely on their accomplishments, Ken Houston is the best safety to ever wear the Burgundy & Gold.

Taylor's hit was a "likely" game saver. He was also coming at full speed, on a wide receiver.

Ken's was a definitive game saver. And, he had a fullback coming at him full speed.

It was akin to Riggins having a head full of steam, charging at (insert victim here) who didn't really have his feet set, and still losing the battle.

Other worldly is a most appropriate adjective, IMO.

I like this one - the music is cool too.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zFdD5v_nBg[/media]

Just watched the '82 NFC Championship game clip....favorite sight - seeing the Cowboy's pennant in a noose at the end of the game.

Watching Dexter Manley and Monte Coleman sack Danny White in real time is very impressive. Manley got there quick once he recognized the opportunity.

I remember every single play in all those clips like it was just yesterday. I absolutely LOVE this team.....it's almost silly.

I can't wait until Monday night. Gonna be another good one.

lets see..Sean picked up a fumble to score a TD and get us in to the playoffs. The very next week he picked up ANOTHER fumble and scored the game winner for us in the first playoff game since 99.

remember Lorenzo Neal? Remember when LT was the best RB in the league? There is a play where they are running a sweep with Lo leading and ST comes out of the blue, lifts Neal off his feet with a hit and with his foot KICKS the ball out of a RBs hand who NEVER fumbled.

Ken may have hit a FB and saved a game..but that was just the daily norm for someone like Sean. He could cover, hit, and gave everyone shivers who came across the line or the middle.

Tell ya what, Mike....ST was insane and may yet have become the greatest ever. Ken Houston was pretty insane in his own right, though. The stop on Walt Garrison was every bit as big as Sean Taylor's end of game heroics. Not the least bit less. And, as athletically talented as Taylor was, keep in mind that Kenny Houston also returned punts. I saw him bring one back for a TD at RFK once.....just nuts.

They were both amazing players...and, I'm happy as hell that they were both Redskins.

Sean Taylor was a freak of nature. An absolute, honest-to-God, freak. And by '07 his head had caught up to his abilities and he was on the verge of being the greatest safety to ever play the game. Ever. By miles.

Sadly, he didn't get the chance, and I have to agree that Ken Houston remains at the top of the list. That Walt Garrison tackle was ... absolutely amazing. Lots of safeties can blow a guy up. A very select few can ... I'm not even sure what to call it ... pull a guy running the other direction back off his feet like that.

other worldly...lol

youre the grumpy old dude saying "when I was your age....." you cant minimalize that hit ST put on the Bums on Monday Night no matter how much you shake your fist at them clouds!

not minimizing anything ST ever accomplished.

Just saying that the tackle Ken Houston made had more drama wrapped into then I have seen since. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.