• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Hogshaven: Initial Thoughts on Week 2

You cannot block Kerrigan with one guy. He just pushes him back into the QB.
You can't block Orakpo with one guy, he just rips around them.

I've noticed more 2 down linemen with Orakpo and Kerrigan on the line flanking them. Extra DB's in coverage.

Hopefully he stays healthy. We may have a feared outside pass rush.

I think we already have a feared pass rush. What will be really fun is watching this offense continue to click and hopefully put up leads. Kerrigan and Rak are decent in run coverage, but if the opposing team has to play catch up, they will really shine.

You cannot block Kerrigan with one guy. He just pushes him back into the QB.
You can't block Orakpo with one guy, he just rips around them.

I've noticed more 2 down linemen with Orakpo and Kerrigan on the line flanking them. Extra DB's in coverage.

Hopefully he stays healthy. We may have a feared outside pass rush.

Agreed (and welcome, BTW.) But Orakpo has GOT to find a we to keep the tackle from getting an arm hooked around his neck. IMO, he should be using a swim or a rip (probably a rip) before the tackle can even get ahold of him. If I had one complaint about Rak, it's that he lets guys get their hands on him. And NFL officials have shown they're not going to call the "front naked choke" that's ALWAYS used against him.

But I love the sets you're talking about, where Rak and RK can play to their strengths, and just tee off on the QB. I said it somewhere else, but I'll repeat it here. Though they play different positions, these two guys have Manley/Mann potential, IMO.

BTW, Hog Shaven? Who names their site that? :laugh: ;)

The Redskins more so than perhaps any team in the NFL changed their personnel in the front seven and it has shown through the first 2 games.

Bowen, Cofield, Kerrigan, Neild, etc. (and what Jenkins would have done if on the active roster).

Those that complain about the lack of moves on the offensive line don't seem to realize that you can only 'fix' so many positions in one offseason.

Lichtensteiger and Montgomery are on trial runs in 2011. Neither has a multi-year deal and could be replaced if they fail to improve.

Chester will be here either as a starter or as a reserver for the next couple of years.

He is essentially what Artis Hicks failed to be, a valuable and versatile veteran that can line up at several positions and just play ball.

The one signing you wonder a bit about is Jammal Brown. I still don't see him at age 30 coming back and being a dominant performer as he was in New Orleans. In fact he has been merely average so far.

Yes, Brown is better than Stephon Heyer obviously, who somehow got a starting gig out in Oakland.

But is he really better than Sean Locklear, who is also 30 and has started more games than Brown at RT in the NFL?

It would not surprise me to see Locklear get a shot at RT if Brown's play does not improve noticeably through the first 8 games or so.

Agreed (and welcome, BTW.) But Orakpo has GOT to find a we to keep the tackle from getting an arm hooked around his neck. IMO, he should be using a swim or a rip (probably a rip) before the tackle can even get ahold of him. If I had one complaint about Rak, it's that he lets guys get their hands on him. And NFL officials have shown they're not going to call the "front naked choke" that's ALWAYS used against him.

But I love the sets you're talking about, where Rak and RK can play to their strengths, and just tee off on the QB. I said it somewhere else, but I'll repeat it here. Though they play different positions, these two guys have Manley/Mann potential, IMO.

BTW, Hog Shaven? Who names their site that? :laugh: ;)

I think I'll like it here... it's a bit quieter, and... saner than what i'm used to ;)

I agree... I know the refs should be calling holding. But Orakpo is a professional. It's your third year. You're not getting the calls, it's time to try something different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.