A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: First place

  1. #1
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    05-17-10
    Posts
    1,226
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Navy

    Default First place

    WOO HOO skins in first place all by themsleves
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  2. #2
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,242
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Thanks to injuries hitting all 3 of our rivals.
    We've been very lucky when it comes to injuries.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  3. #3
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,491
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear The Spear View Post
    Thanks to injuries hitting all 3 of our rivals.
    We've been very lucky when it comes to injuries.

    Lucky? We lost our #1 CB today. Our #3 CB and #3 Safety, Barnes, was lost for the game. Laron Landry has not seen the field at all this season. Chris Cooley is a shadow of his self out there on the field. We lost our rookie sensation Javaris Jenkins as well.

    We have our share of injuries.

    Oh and please let's not get cocky! It feels good to win another game, but to be bragging about 1st place after 2 games is kinda foolish. I am not saying we shouldn't enjoy the wins, but come on guys, it's only 2 games.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

  4. #4
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    05-17-10
    Posts
    1,226
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Navy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    Lucky? We lost our #1 CB today. Our #3 CB and #3 Safety, Barnes, was lost for the game. Laron Landry has not seen the field at all this season. Chris Cooley is a shadow of his self out there on the field. We lost our rookie sensation Javaris Jenkins as well.

    We have our share of injuries.

    Oh and please let's not get cocky! It feels good to win another game, but to be bragging about 1st place after 2 games is kinda foolish. I am not saying we shouldn't enjoy the wins, but come on guys, it's only 2 games.
    it isnt to often we are in solo first place this early in the season
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  5. #5
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    10-18-09
    Posts
    608
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Really worried about our secondary. The only healthy secondary in the division is the Eagles.

    Thankfully Davis has stepped up big time! I am really enjoying his play right now.

    Also, did not know where to put this, but how bout a couple of fist pumps for Sav Rocca. 6 punts inside the 20 already this season. We only had 22 of those all last year. He has not had a touchback either.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  6. #6
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    08-06-11
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington
    Posts
    124
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Army

    Talking

    And this late in the season too!
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  7. #7
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-24-09
    Location
    Cumberland, MD
    Posts
    1,599
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Army Marshall

    Default

    I don't care if it IS week 2. First place feels awfully good. I'm also the only fan of an undefeated team at work. Go ahead...come to my desk and even ATTEMPT to talk ****!! lol
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    F.K.A. "honorary_hog"

    Always known as a diehard Skins fan

  8. #8

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the Omniscient View Post
    Really worried about our secondary. The only healthy secondary in the division is the Eagles.

    Thankfully Davis has stepped up big time! I am really enjoying his play right now.

    Also, did not know where to put this, but how bout a couple of fist pumps for Sav Rocca. 6 punts inside the 20 already this season. We only had 22 of those all last year. He has not had a touchback either.
    The Eagles D looked damn good last night. But if Vick misses any significant time at any point in the season... well, Reid really rolled the dice on that one. Not sure that's gonna pay off. Besides which, Vick just looks a little off to me, even when he does play.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    06-30-09
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,569
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Indiana

    Default

    After just the second week there are only 7 NFL teams that are 2-0.

    New England Patriots

    New York Jets

    Buffalo Bills

    Houston Texans

    Washington Redskins

    Detroit Lions

    Green Bay Packers
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    I'm giving it a 2-4 year window. Looking for improvement in all areas. Redskins, you're on the clock.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    04-12-09
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4,674
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear The Spear View Post
    Thanks to injuries hitting all 3 of our rivals.
    We've been very lucky when it comes to injuries.
    Losing half starting our secondary plus our nickel and dime backs against a team as pass-happy as the Cards is not lucky. It's not a coincidence that the sputtering Arizona offense started moving the ball almost at will against us as soon as those injuries hit us in the second half. We did an excellent job of overcoming those injuries. I wouldn't call that luck.

    Quote Originally Posted by servumtuum View Post
    After just the second week there are only 7 NFL teams that are 2-0.

    New England Patriots

    New York Jets

    Buffalo Bills

    Houston Texans

    Washington Redskins

    Detroit Lions

    Green Bay Packers
    What an odd list.

    I say savor it. We don't get to be in front very often these days.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  11. #11

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,585
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Losing half starting our secondary plus our nickel and dime backs against a team as pass-happy as the Cards is not lucky. It's not a coincidence that the sputtering Arizona offense started moving the ball almost at will against us as soon as those injuries hit us in the second half. We did an excellent job of overcoming those injuries. I wouldn't call that luck.



    What an odd list.

    I say savor it. We don't get to be in front very often these days.

    good point Henry. I thought the other part of the problem was how Hazlett reacted. he basically went vanilla. with a week secondary I would have upped the pressure with more blitzes. he got the same resukts as teams usually achieve when they run those don't beat us deep prevent defenses. and the Cards just marched down the field.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  12. #12
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by servumtuum View Post
    After just the second week there are only 7 NFL teams that are 2-0.

    New England Patriots

    New York Jets

    Buffalo Bills

    Houston Texans

    Washington Redskins

    Detroit Lions

    Green Bay Packers
    This looks like one of those mind games that asks which ones do not belong
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    This looks like one of those mind games that asks which ones do not belong
    If that's the case, I think it's a tie between us and Buffalo.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    04-12-09
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4,674
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    good point Henry. I thought the other part of the problem was how Hazlett reacted. he basically went vanilla. with a week secondary I would have upped the pressure with more blitzes. he got the same resukts as teams usually achieve when they run those don't beat us deep prevent defenses. and the Cards just marched down the field.
    I don't think that's what it was. I think the Cards realized our secondary was decimated and immediately went four-wide to exploit it, which they did for one series. Then Haslett adjusted and started bringing pressure, which for the most part worked. That TD to Fitz was not the result of a vanilla defense ... but that was the one big play AZ got in their final four possessions. The other three were 4-and-out, 3-and-out, fumble-and-ballgame.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  15. #15
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    10-18-09
    Posts
    608
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goaldeje View Post
    The Eagles D looked damn good last night. But if Vick misses any significant time at any point in the season... well, Reid really rolled the dice on that one. Not sure that's gonna pay off. Besides which, Vick just looks a little off to me, even when he does play.

    Their secondary and pass rush looked great. But, the Bears man handled the Falcons pass blocking last week as well. The Falcons pass blocking is in big trouble this year.

    If the Eagles cannot stop the run, they are in for a long year, especially since they are in the NFC East. They cannot stop the TE either. This is a huge achillies heel. Turner, Gonzalez and some turnovers killed the Eagles.

    I am not really worried about the Eagles D because you can run and throw to the TE. Two things we can do well.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  16. #16

    Join Date
    04-12-09
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4,674
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    The Eagle's offensive line hasn't been looking great. I don't know if that's the Eagles or their opponents, but if our pass rush is for real we could see some advantage there.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  17. #17

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    I will be bold and say we will win a shootout against the Eagles like 38-31. Their run defense is putrid; just the kind of thing to get our ZBS on track. The Hightower/Helu show should put up huge numbers. And their OL might just be worse than their defense - my goodness. We could possibly see double-digit sacks in that game.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  18. #18
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    12-09-09
    Posts
    27
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by servumtuum View Post
    After just the second week there are only 7 NFL teams that are 2-0.

    New England Patriots

    New York Jets

    Buffalo Bills

    Houston Texans

    Washington Redskins

    Detroit Lions

    Green Bay Packers
    Check out this stat as well: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...se/order/false

    This is what good defenses do. Good defenses don't care about total yardage. Good defenses get off the field on third down and create turnovers. This could be a dominant D, something we haven't had since the 90's.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  19. #19

    Join Date
    04-12-09
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4,674
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tulane Skins Fan View Post
    Check out this stat as well: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...se/order/false

    This is what good defenses do. Good defenses don't care about total yardage. Good defenses get off the field on third down and create turnovers. This could be a dominant D, something we haven't had since the 90's.
    It's probably a big reason we're first in Time of Possession right now too. Let's hope we keep it going.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Oz croc snaps up place in record book
    By SkinnedAussie in forum The 5 O'Clock Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-11, 01:31 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-11, 01:20 PM
  3. Wow, this place is dead!
    By kirbster in forum Sons of Washington
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-07-10, 10:38 AM
  4. Let's all go to our Happy Place
    By Sarge in forum Sons of Washington
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-09, 12:43 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •