• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Anybody Want McNabb Back Here?

From what I understand, Gibbs and Co. got a woody for Jason Campbell when they were down scouting potential draft picks. In fact I remember that at the time Snyder wasn't that well liked among the owners but was able to make a deal with the Broncos because Bohlen was one of his friends to get to #25 with the intention of selecting Campbell.

Physically, there is nothing wrong with Campbell. But he was raw and his skills needed to be honed over time. He would have been there in Round 2.

From what I understand, Gibbs and Co. got a woody for Jason Campbell when they were down scouting potential draft picks. In fact I remember that at the time Snyder wasn't that well liked among the owners but was able to make a deal with the Broncos because Bohlen was one of his friends to get to #25 with the intention of selecting Campbell.

Physically, there is nothing wrong with Campbell. But he was raw and his skills needed to be honed over time. He would have been there in Round 2.

I remember the reported love affair with Campbell. And for the life of me, I cannot remember where I heard it, but I could have sworn a few years after the fact, I heard that Rodgers was the primary target at that spot thinking that Green Bay would not take him. That they were not too upset because Campbell was there and they liked him too.

I am not upset Campbell is gone. I do not believe he fit the Shanahan mold. But I am very happy to see him doing well in Oakland. I watched the first game of the season and some of the 2nd. He looks more comfortable in the pocket, has been throwing accurate deep balls and he seems to be able to check down through his progressions. I don't think he is ever going to a Super Star, but he looks like a pro QB now.

Joe Gibbs and Co. really missed out in 2005. Sitting there at #24 was Aaron Rodgers and the Redskins moved up to #25 to get Campbell. They were focusing on the wrong quarterback.

Just imagine if they had been looking at Rodgers and had made a deal to get to #20 or #22.

THAT and not the departure of Campbell is what I look at as a true watershed moment that was missed.
Yeah..

but the problem with that logic is that our organization was not in a situation to grow rodgers into the QB he is today. the packers were.

if we drafted rodgers, we may have ended his career. god knows we did for quite a few other qb's.

I have to disagree on Campbell. I had hopes for him coming out of the draft, but am to this day not sad that he's gone. EVERY game I've seen him play for the Raiders he continues to do the same INFURIATING things that he did here. He CONSISTENTLY will throw for 6 yards on a 3rd and 8......and is still throwing the ball where receivers have to make an unbelievable play to get it. Week one I saw him (once again) throw the ball out of bounds on a deep ball. The receiver caught it 2 yards OB and it all came back. Had he put it five yards further in bounds it's a TD. Makes me absolutely nuts to see...even though I could care less about the Raiders.

Whatever....he's their headache now.

Yeah..

but the problem with that logic is that our organization was not in a situation to grow rodgers into the QB he is today. the packers were.

if we drafted rodgers, we may have ended his career. god knows we did for quite a few other qb's.

I have to agree with this. QB hasn't been our problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.